Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Poll!!!!!

80s Forum: New Poll!!!!!

View Poll Results: Do We really need so many polls in this forum?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Most definately!

5 15.63%
  • Sure why not!

8 25.00%
  • Of course, how else would we find out everybody's favorite song?

6 18.75%
  • I guess so

0 0%
  • Not really

2 6.25%
  • I am not sure

0 0%
  • Who cares?

1 3.13%
  • Jasper, you are an assclown

10 31.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Poll!!!!!

New Poll!!!!!

DO WE REALLY NEED SO MANY POLLS?
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

I happen to enjoy the polls very much. I like seeing what everyone's favorites are.

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange
    Sure, I love polls, but prefer it if people use them as an opportunity for discussion as well.

YES, I like voting. Polls are great. Polling is great fun.

I for one enjoy knowing what everyone's favorite song from a particular artist / group may be. I would like to see more discussion on our choices, but I fear that just isn't happening too much, and I'm guilty of not doing it.
    Trixter

Cool

I love polls too, but if people feel it may be clogging up the specific music topics, we could move the majority of them into the voting system forum.....good idea?

THat was pretty much what I was getting at Roem. But, I didnt want to abuse my powers of moving and deleting.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

sorry...couldn't resist voting for the last option

maybe the voting is getting a little out of hand....
    not sponsored

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange
    Originally posted by Roemello
    I love polls too, but if people feel it may be clogging up the specific music topics, we could move the majority of them into the voting system forum.....good idea?
    A good idea I think and it would probably make it easier for people to find them so they can check before posting a poll that has already been up

I do not like the idea of them being moved. I don't see anything wrong with them being in the current places they are at. If they get moved, then Trixter and I's 80sxchange Awards will be constantly being covered up by polls in the voting forum. People will forget that they are even there. Just my opinion.

Smile

I agree with Stacy on this one. I don't post any polls in this particular forum, but I do enjoy posting and voting in polls in the other music and non-music forums. Actually, the polls seem to be the topics with the most views and responses.
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Sure, Why not?

I don't see a problem with the polls, personally... they usually DO spark up some conversations..

It's better than coming to this forum and not seeing a post for a week or more...

activity is GOOD and they ARE related to the forums...
    A Veteran Xchanger

Re: Sure, Why not?

Originally posted by Tinajo
    I don't see a problem with the polls, personally... they usually DO spark up some conversations..

It's better than coming to this forum and not seeing a post for a week or more...

activity is GOOD and they ARE related to the forums...
    Ditto
    STEVE Hangin' with my favorite DJs: DJDaffy & Prefab Sprouter!! Surfer Swooshing buddy to ImSoooSure, the penguin protector I found Harket! He's moved and looking for a new job. He may come back. I hope it's soon! Now listening to DJ LEX

I like polls, they're pretty fun and I like seeing everyone's opinions.
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

Smile

Sure, why not? I like the polls also. It gives me a chance to see what are others favs and I can vote on mine also. Like others have said it also give a chance for conversation with others who feel the same way you do about certain topics. How are they going to know how others feel about the topic if the polls are not there?

I like the polls, however when I come in here, I automatically go to today's topics, I am seeing more than ever it's becoming very filled with polls. IMHO I wouldn't mind if the polls were moved so that I could go through the daily topics to see if anything interested me, then check out the polls at another time. Thats just my opinion and it looks like I'm in the minority
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Who cares?

Who cares?
    This is just a website for God's sake.

I find it interesting that a full 25% of you think I am an assclown! WOW these polls really do tell us something! LOL!

Re: Who cares?

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
    Who cares?
    This is just a website for God's sake.
    If you honestly think that, you really do have a screw loose. To a great majority of the people here, this is a whole lot more than 'just a website'

Originally posted by Jasper:
    I find it interesting that a full 25% of you think I am an assclown! WOW these polls really do tell us something! LOL!
    I was wondering when you'd pick up on that...If the blasted poll statistic function back stage was working straight, I'd be able to find out who....interesting indeed!

Re: Re: Who cares?

Originally posted by Roemello
    I was wondering when you'd pick up on that...If the blasted poll statistic function back stage was working straight, I'd be able to find out who....interesting indeed!
    Well, at least I came clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information