Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Do You Smoke Cigarettes ? - Page 3

80s Forum: Do You Smoke Cigarettes ?

View Poll Results: Do You Smoke Cigarettes

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

42 28.77%
  • NO , Never have

66 45.21%
  • NO, I have quit

38 26.03%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I use to smoke! I would smoke only after sex I was up to 3 packs a day That was a joke! Bad joke i know

I use to smoke but the only reason was to loose weight. It really curved my appetite and made me want to puke all the time. I couldn't stomach it so I quit. That was about 3 years ago. I really don't have the urge to continue. Sometimes I do take a "drag" from a friend but later I regrett it because I start feeling sick the room will start to spin and I will just puke. !!!

Originally posted by Milani
    I use to smoke! I would smoke only after sex I was up to 3 packs a day That was a joke! Bad joke i know
    You would be one busy girl Milani! Why do people like to smoke after sex anyway? I guess in my case if they smoked before sex they wouldn't get any.
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

I tried smoking at the age of about 14 or so. A group of us occasionally smoked when we went to see the Sydney Swans (an Australian Rules football team) play at the Sydney Cricket Ground. We were a bit pathetic though - each time the Swans scored a goal and we were sitting near the goal posts, we'd duck as we were convinced that as the TV camera swung around following the ball, our parents would see us as the news showed highlights of the Swans goals! I was never much good at it anyway. I never drew the smoke into my lungs. It did nothing for me. There was no peer pressure as my friends were pretty cool. I wanted to smoke with then, but I'd never game buy my own. We smoked what we refered to as "sterile" sticks - those menthol Alpines Yuk! But we were 14.....you have to try it then, don't you?.
    Last edited by NewRomantic; 6-17-02 at 08:01 AM.

Yup, theres a smoker here baby.
    Might As Well Jump!

[QUOTE]Why do people like to smoke after sex anyway? [QUOTE]

I have no clue! I know my ex always needed a smoke afterwards.. it said it just relaxed him

I tried it a few times when I used to smoke... it kinda intensified the feeling after an orgasm.

Yes, I smoke and would like to quit. It is hard though.

~DARKSIDE~

Well if it kills me i'm quitting, they're now over 8 dollars a pack hereand that's insane to be spending that kind of money for something that causes cancer, makes you house car, and clothes smell, bother's non smokers and even leaves a negative impression of yourself to many people. My quit date is July 8th
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Reformed smoker (the worst kind)

Cal you can do it! I had a date of March 10th I just did it 5 days earlier for different reasons.

It was so hard. What I did may not work for you. Based on a phone call I decided that day I was going to quit. My friend and I went out drinking for the evening and we smoked our faces off and drank our faces off (funny how we say that - my face didn't go anywhere). The next day I did not want a cigarette, I didn't want to lift my head. Day 1 officially smoke free. Day 2 I cleaned the house from top to bottom. Drank a ton of water and went for a walk when ever I wanted a cigarette.

I don't know if I would recommend that but it worked. I also decided that no one smokes in our house for very good reasons. It stinks, its gross, our house doesn't smell like an ashtray anymore - funny febreeze is okay but when you are reformed smoker gag gag gag.

Funny smokers don't come visit us as often. Our kids smell wonderful. I had to put my leather jacket in a bad with tons of bounce sheets for about two months. And I have spending money!!!!! LOL

I dream about smoking all the time - cigarettes have replaced my faceless man
    *Robin*

Official Stalker of Shakey
    Official Stalkee of NotMan

This SPACE has been spoken for.... Chopper is now stalking me with immediate effect!
    Fanzine Editor for the Steve Chase Fan Club
    Psst DJDaffy One of my 'favorites' but...."Wolves Rule and Otters Drool
    "
    Advocate of Occasional Good Quality FLUFF

Originally posted by Caligula
    Well if it kills me i'm quitting, they're now over 8 dollars a pack hereand that's insane to be spending that kind of money for something that causes cancer, makes you house car, and clothes smell, bother's non smokers and even leaves a negative impression of yourself to many people. My quit date is July 8th
    That is great to hear Cal!!! You can definately do this. I know it will be hard but what a great accompishment it will be. Do you have a plan or are you just going for it?
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

I smoke on occassion. Mostly when stressed out. I'm one of those people that can have 1 a week if that and be just fine. Can't really explain it. Used to smoke a lot more than that. I can live with where I'm at right now though.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

No.

They just hiked the tax on them again here.

My quit date is July 8th [/B]
    GOOD LUCK CAL!!!

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

I'm holding off until July 8th, as thats when i return back from vacation, Since part of my vacation is at Wausega Beach where I'l be attending a big party (they will even have a 90 pound pig roasting on an open fire) and if i'm having a few drink my willpower is zero.

When I return home from Toronto, I will quit using the patch. I have tried and succeeded short term using this method before. I've also tried zyban, the gum , and cold turkey in the past but I find the patch is the best method.

I have actually quit before for periods of up to a couple of months, but this time even if I fail at first I'm gonna get right back on the horse and not just give up

My game plan is to use the patch, drink tons of water, not drink beer (as alcohol both lowers my willpower and makes me crave alcohol) and maybe try some of those breathing techniques. I also plan on being really cranky and difficult for an extended period .
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

i wanted to quit smokin weed so i could have a job. so i started smokin cigs thinkin it would help me quit. well, now can't stop the cigs but gave up the weed every time i try to giveup the cigs i do well till i drink beer. Bottom line i am a beer drinkin, cig smokin, ugly metalhead and proud of it !

MORE BEER! UKJ72'

Cal your party in Wasaga (eye candy beach) sounds like our party that will be happening up on Manitoulin Island. Have a blast and good luck
    *Robin*

Official Stalker of Shakey
    Official Stalkee of NotMan

This SPACE has been spoken for.... Chopper is now stalking me with immediate effect!
    Fanzine Editor for the Steve Chase Fan Club
    Psst DJDaffy One of my 'favorites' but...."Wolves Rule and Otters Drool
    "
    Advocate of Occasional Good Quality FLUFF

I also plan on being really cranky and difficult for an extended period .
    Thanks for the warning! Feel free to come here and vent. Is there anything you can do instead of smoke when you have the craving? I have heard if you can get past the first I think it's 3 mins. of a cig. craving then you're ok. So, if you can find something to do for a few mins. everytime the craving hits it might help. I don't know, just a suggestion.

Yuck never have or will try. I smelled smoke once and almost threw up.
    Now that this message is posted Mr.Fibble is very cross.

He just got the high score on Double Dragon-Corey Woods
    (Fred Savage,1989,The Wizard)

I don't smoke. It's funny how much the smell bothers me now. When I was a teenager I worked at a place where everyone else smoked and I came home reeking of cigarettes, but it didn't bother me then. Now I can't stand it.

Congratulations to all of you who have quit! And good luck to Cal and any others who are trying to quit! I've seen up close and personal the nasty health effects of smoking and it's not a pretty sight. Hang in there!
    **Official Stalker of the musically omniscient TJ**
    **Stalked by the fantabulous OPC**
    **Mutual admirer of DJDaffy, my dream man**

I will give you every penny's worth, but it will cost you a dollar first.
    alli on facebook

I've smoked since i was 14. It's a disgusting habit. I plan on quitting soon. I've tried to quit a few times but I just wasn't ready.
    ~*uuɐloɹɐɔ~*
    Stalked by the fantabulos Prefab Sprouter
    Partners in Crime with Annette
    Proud member of the metal chick posse
    Member of the Xchange Badgirl club!
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    ~ Ellen Goodman

Trekkin By Harket..

Boston Bruins

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information