Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Do You Smoke Cigarettes ? - Page 5

80s Forum: Do You Smoke Cigarettes ?

View Poll Results: Do You Smoke Cigarettes

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

42 28.77%
  • NO , Never have

66 45.21%
  • NO, I have quit

38 26.03%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    No, never have and thanks god for that! I'm more a person who try to stop person who smokes way too much

ValleyGirl, a little advice... do this at you're rythm (sorry for the bad spelling), just reduce day after day, it can do something one day! and for the weight, I can't answer about that, I think it's more psychological but still, I dosen't want to give you bad advices if you try this already!

That good old JS, an 80s lover in the past & for years to come!!

Re: Do You Smoke Cigarettes ?

i have never and will never smoke cancer sticks in my life.

Do I smoke what? Nah, never have.. never will ..
    Last edited by pamela*; 1-04-04 at 11:35 PM.
    *~PAMELA~*

80sxchange.com Photo Album

*Officially Stalked by ~the man beneath the hat~ Lord Jay

*The Official Chasey Chaser

MySpace Profile

EX-smoker here. Wish I had NEVER picked it up as a kid. When I was in Jr. High... I went through an "Ugly Duckling" phase, so I thought I would try to be cool to hang out with the smokers. They took me right in & I was one of "them". Looking back on my life, it was the 2nd stupidest thing I ever did in my whole life.

I didn't quit until I got "attitude" about it. I enjoyed it for some sadistic reason. I still have attitude, and I'm totally not interested in ever starting back again. Don't want em... don't need em. WOOHOO!! Yay for Me!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Likes it when they just stand there & don't say anything!
    Proud Bad Girl Sistah

Never even had one in my mouth....no need for it. There are FAR better things to be addicted to!

Don't forget it causes erectile dysfunction later on

Big smoker a few years ago. NOW, 1 maybe 2 in a day if that. Im dating a girl who DETEST it!!! And I hate the fact that I do smoke ocasionally......
    I dont suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

This smoking this is such a SOCIAL issue.

I smoked as a teenager for 8 years. (I'm from NC, so you can guess that it was the culture)

But I have discovered there is NO REDEEMING VALUE to smoking. EVERYTHING about it is NOT GOOD. I could list everything but we all know the list.....

My mom died last year primarily due to Emphazema (sp) and the last 5 years of her life was she was on a portable respirator. Yes you all have seen those people on occassion with the rolling tank... and yes some of them are asthma patients, but I would venture to say the vast majority has to use them due to smoking cigarettes....

As Miagi told Daniel-son..... We all have to get back to the basics of life. Daniel-son said, "Prayer?" Miagi says, "NO, BREATHING" I LOVE a FULL LUNG of CLEAN AIR to BREATH...

and a special note to a VERY SPECIAL FRIEND... ONE DAY BG.. ONE DAY, WHY NOT TODAY??? I love ya

One final note.. for those smokers that want to quit.. keep this in mind... IT is VERY EASY to PROMISE YOURSELF ANYTHING "IN THE FUTURE"... as long as it is OUT there in the FUTURE.. its ok... but let me encourage ya... DO IT TODAY... I PROMISE . YOU WILL NEVER EVER REGRET IT!!!

I BELIEVE EACH ONE OF YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

HOUSTON, TX or BUST! Ready or Not, Here We Come!

A PASSIONATE HEART... HAS A DECISIVE MIND... and
    A DECISIVE MIND... MAKES NO EXCUSES!!!

I'm fortunate in that I tried them in high school but didn't like them. But I do realize how hard it must be for smokers to quit.

Re-reading this thread made me think back to a little militant non-smoker outburst my Mom went through 15 years ago.

My Mom is one of the sweetest people I know. But she is a chain smoker. I smoke and I could NEVER catch up to her and I wouldn't want to. But if someone asks her not to smoke around her she is more than happy to oblige.

Anyway, My Mom and a few of her girlfriends were out at some fancy restauraunt (which had a rather large smoking section) to enjoy dinner and a few drinks. This Militant non-smoker comes up to my poor little mom (She's 4'10) and tosses a large steaming hotplate of food in her face! My Mom still has scars! The guy was arrested. I guess he was walking by the smoking section to use the mens room and he didn't like cigerette smoke. It wasn't just my Mom that was smoking EVERYONE was since it was the smoking section. My question is is that he should have asked her to put the butt out even though she was in the smoking section. What would you guy's have done? Sorry it's a bit long.
    ~*uuɐloɹɐɔ~*
    Stalked by the fantabulos Prefab Sprouter
    Partners in Crime with Annette
    Proud member of the metal chick posse
    Member of the Xchange Badgirl club!
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    ~ Ellen Goodman

Trekkin By Harket..

Boston Bruins

OMG, how horrible!!! That's just...horrible!!

As long as there's a smoking section, I don't think anyone has the right to ask smokers to stop smoking.
    Last edited by SweetestJezebel; 4-21-04 at 03:47 PM.
    Leilani

Never have smoked. Never felt the need to pay for somebody to give me diseases and make me smell bad.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

It's funny reading my original response to this post over 2 years ago. Oh how things have changed since then. I am a smoker now. No desire to quit yet - then again I am only 18, so I have some time.
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    It's funny reading my original response to this post over 2 years ago. Oh how things have changed since then. I am a smoker now. No desire to quit yet - then again I am only 18, so I have some time.

I said I was going to quit when I was 18, 11 years later and It's a struggle. I know you don't want to hear this. But if you can quit do it. When you hit my (young ) age it'll be 10 times harder.
    ~*uuɐloɹɐɔ~*
    Stalked by the fantabulos Prefab Sprouter
    Partners in Crime with Annette
    Proud member of the metal chick posse
    Member of the Xchange Badgirl club!
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    ~ Ellen Goodman

Trekkin By Harket..

Boston Bruins

I never smoked, but my father smoked and I have a lot of respirtory issues I had to deal with because of the second hand smoke. I dislike being around someone who does smoke, because I can't stand sigarette smoke. When I tell people to not smoke around me, they're usually nice and move away from me.

Virginia Slims 120 menthols is my poison. I've been smoking since I was 16.

I respect others around me though and won't light up if I can. I usually go outside to smoke.

BUT I am pissed off about them making bars a NO smoking area.

The government allows this them to sell this crap and yet bans us from using it. Thats f*cked up in my opinion.

I've been pretty much smoking like a chimney lately. Up until about a month ago, I used to ONLY smoke when I was out at a bar drinking & I would bum cigs off my friends. But....my life has been pretty stressful, I know that is NO excuse, but it helps take the edge off & I know it won't last long. I don't have an addictive personality, I'll stop when I feel like it.

i quit after college. and i have asthma a result of smoking. yes, it sucks.
    "ask me i won't say no, how could i?"

I've tried it and it wasn't for me ....

C80's
    Canadian80's (aka Mike)

Stalked and Stalking the 'Ultimate' Dark Haired - Metal Queen (and part-time PalTalk DJ)... Annette

ValJ's Slave ... Hit me with your rythem stick ...

Stalked by one of exchanges many Hotties - TopCat

Stalking 'la bella' from Cali ... SouthernImage

.... all these women ... I gotta start a Harem

Be a pal ... add to my Rep

I smoked for 22 years. Started the nasty little habit back when it was 'cool' and I was trying to impress an idiot, uh excuse me, I mean a boy. Can you believe that? I was so stupid as to believe that me smoking with him would make him like me! I woke up the morning of my 35th birthday and never picked another one up. I do not consider myself as 'quitted smoking'. You know how when an alcoholic no longer drinks, he is still an alcoholic? Well, for me, those smokes call my name. I am 'on the wagon'. I pray I stay there forever! My husband smokes and I deal with the smell and desire daily, which just makes my will power stronger, so, I think I will stay off the sticks forever more. Anyhow, as of this very minute here are my stats: 90 weeks, 1 day, 10 hours, 11 minutes, 49 seconds since quitting. 12,628 cigarettes not smoked. Around $1,262.80 saved.
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.
    Last edited by TeachX3; 7-10-04 at 04:35 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information