Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

weight loss - Page 3

80s Forum: weight loss
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: weight loss

You look just perfect in all those pictures Milani. I'm so sorry you feel that way. Not eating is definately not the way to go though. Just tell the DR you don't want to hear the weight when you go. No use in torchering yourself
    Thanks Imsoosure.. I did tell the nurse not to tell me.. but ofcourse she did
    The older I get the harder it is to loose weight. I will try not to let it get to me though.

Yeah what ImSooSure said! You look great in those pictures. You certainly don't look like you need to lose weight. Sure, everyone can get fit and tone up but that is definitely different than losing weight. You look fine Milani
    You are so kind.
    You are right losing weight is different then toning up. I definitely need to tone up my arms.... i am noticing my chubby arms
    I hate that
    Thank you both very much for those kind words.

I totally took a vacation from my diet yesterday. It was our big event with the dragon boat races and it was hot so we drank beer (lots of sugar). Then we waited and waited for pizza to be delievered (try getting a pizza place to deliver to a non-address lol) but we had to go race again so we missed out on pizza.

Our treasurer went and bought everyone "ONE" hamburger (she fired by the way ) when she was supposed to bring veggie plates, cold cuts etc... I was so impressed.

6pm my friend and I couldn't take it anymore - after being left to clean up and load up (nice team I have) we went to our favorite drinking and eating hole and ate "caeser salad, mushroom caps, chicken fingers, onion rings, fries and gravy and for desert...blueberry crumble with extra vanilla icecream (they were out of chocolate eruption) If you're going to break a diet we did it in style LOL. Boy am I paying for it today
    *Robin*

Official Stalker of Shakey
    Official Stalkee of NotMan

This SPACE has been spoken for.... Chopper is now stalking me with immediate effect!
    Fanzine Editor for the Steve Chase Fan Club
    Psst DJDaffy One of my 'favorites' but...."Wolves Rule and Otters Drool
    "
    Advocate of Occasional Good Quality FLUFF

I joined weight watchers today. Hopefully that'll help me out some. Just signed up online so I don't have to go to the meetings. lol Was part of a b-day gift from my mom. I'll let everyone know if it works out.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

I have 3 friends who have lost a lot of weight on weight watchers. Just stick to the plan and they swear it works great. Good luck with it Jazzy!
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Jazzy a friend of mine did 1-2-3 and lost a lot of weight. She also ate pretty much anything she wanted. Good luck Jazzy!
    *Robin*

This SPACE has been spoken for.... Chopper is now stalking me with immediate effect!
    "

I can gain weight just looking at food. I found with my body that execise is the key. I eat well but without the exercise not only do i gain but i get the blahs more often and don't sleep well either.
    Judas Priest Fan For Life

AMERICA, land of the FREE and BRAVE

Proud Papa of Emily and Zachary, they are both my Angels.

A CLEVELAND BROWNS FAN SINCE BIRTH, till death do us part.

Partner in crime and drinking buddy to Prefab Sprouter

The Crown Prince of Perv

"So it's sorta social. Demented and sad, but social, right?" BC-1985

Has anyone tried pilates? I used to do this for a warm up all the time in gym and since I stopped I never felt the same. Any one getting results. I'm thinking of taking a class in the fall. I'd buy the video but then I'd have to dust it
    *Robin*

"

I needed a crash to lose about 5-10 pounds in a hurry so I started the Atkins Diet last monday. Not the healthiest choice but want to trim up the waist line quickly.

The Crown Prince of Perv

I heard Aitkens gets results as long as you continue to eat that way but as soon as you stop you get it all back and more.... that freaked me out enough not to really get into it for too long.... besides that how can you eat all that meat
    *Robin*

"

The meat is getting to me Zel, probably only go another week on this and then just keep my carb intake down. Tough for me cause I love rice and pasta.....

The Crown Prince of Perv

I'm hoping to get back on my diet soon. Haven't been able to follow it while I've been sick. My throat has been so sore that I've been living on popscicles and ice cream. lol One of the few things I've been able to eat.

Queen of Fluff

Update time. Finally back on my diet and doing pretty good. Going to stick to indoor exercising the next few days though. Supposed to hit 100 here this week. I was happy this morning to see that I've lost 2 pounds. It's a start.

Queen of Fluff

Can I join you guys?

Last year, I was on an antidepressant (Remeron) that really packed the pounds on. Gee, thanks, Doc. I lost about half of the weight after I changed to a different drug, and now I am off the antidepressants and have been since January. (yay!)

I want to think of this more in terms of measurements than weight-- I am heavier than I look (my mother calls us "dense", heh) and I don't care what the scale says as long as I can fit into my pants again! I also want to have a baby before too long, and I have a feeling that if I don't shape up now, I'll never get there.

When I'm depressed, I really don't give a flying fig about eating well or exercising, even though I know it is better for me, and I would feel better after getting off the couch. Yoga has really helped to relax & center myself, even just the videotape variety. It doesn't do much for shaping up, but it has made me more flexible.

Does anybody have a cardio/dance workout tape or DVD that they like? I have one DVD and I hate it Donna Richardson's 3-Day Workout. The kickboxing & circuit training parts are OK, but the dance part sucks rocks. I am not very coordinated with my feet, (when I try to kick a soccer ball, I fall down!) so I would have to start with something simple. Any suggestions would be very helpful!

I'm thinking about doing the Slim-Fast thing, lots of the women (& some men) at work use it. Atkins sounds like eternal torture to me. I tend to skip lunch anyway (bad girl) so Slim-Fast would actually be an improvement. I will probably start exercising first before really doing that much about my diet. No more grilled cheese at lunch, though.

Jazzy, I know, I hate exercising when it's hot It's 95 here today. Bleah! Maybe I'll be good & do my kickboxing tape when I get home. Maybe...
    Mary
    Jelly shoe-wearin', Jolt-drinking, cartoon mama

lol Welcome to our little group Mary. I'm doing a combo of Slim Fast and Weight Watchers. Seems to be working for me. Now I just need to get more active. Hard to do in such hot weather. No ac where I live.

Queen of Fluff

Thanks Jazzy. I did yoga last night-- some pretty active yoga, it had me sweating anyway.

I picked up a new kickboxing DVD, Kathy Smith. I hope I like her better than Donna Richardson. "I've got your back." Oooh! Makes me want to punch her.
    Mary

lol Need a tape or dvd by someone you like. Makes it a little easier to handle.

Queen of Fluff

Can I recommend a website for you two to check out..

http://www.fitday.com.

It is a free website where you log what you eat, and it keeps a count of how much fat/carbs/protein/etc you consumed for the day.

As far as the Slim Fast goes? I used it and lost a lot of weight doing it, but wouldn't recommend it. It isn't for everyone. It's contains nothing but carbohydrates from sugar which unless you really work out and do a lot of cardiovascular and weight training, won't help too much.

Liquid Diets like Slim Fast, Atkins, etc...are only a temporary diet fix. It doesn't teach you to eat healthy foods, and therefore when you get off the Slim Fast or stop using it, chances you go back to bad eating habits.

Just my .02, but that website really might come in handy for some on here.
    Brandon in Baltimore, MD

Thanks for the website. I'll be sure to check it out. Trying to change the way I eat. Doing things more healthy. Like cutting back to one regular pop a day. Working on changing over to diet. Trying to find healthy stuff to snack on too.

Queen of Fluff

Originally posted by Jazzmyn
    Thanks for the website. I'll be sure to check it out. Trying to change the way I eat. Doing things more healthy. Like cutting back to one regular pop a day. Working on changing over to diet. Trying to find healthy stuff to snack on too.
    Ohhh, the regular Coke to diet switch sucked. I let myself have a regular maybe once a week now. My doctor says I shouldn't think of regular Coke as a "treat," and I make bad faces behind her back. I have mostly kicked the caffeine dependency now, but this week I've sucked down 2-3 cups of decaf coffee every morning. Combined with the water I've been drinking, I have been "away from my desk" a lot at work. We've got to start somewhere, I suppose.

Thanks, Brand! I like the Fitday website, I think I'll sign up. Free = very nice!

Does this mean I have to buy a scale? Hehe. I don't like to have them in the house, they're too depressing. But, I guess weighing myself once a week or so wouldn't hurt. Gah. I just hate to see those numbers.

Have a great day everyone!
    Mary

I wanna join this little group too. May I? I quit smoking a year ago and have gained 50 pounds. I weigh more now than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with either of my children. I don't look like I weigh this much, but I feel every extra pound. My friend suggested yoga, which I have an interest in, but no room to stretch out and watch a yoga video. I haven't found where there are yoga classes here, yet. I'm cutting back on my Diet Cokes. I drink so many of them a day it isn't doing me any good. Trying to drink lots more water these days. Has anyone tried a gym like maybe Curves for Women. I've seriously been considering joining.
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information