Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

weight loss - Page 5

80s Forum: weight loss
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: weight loss

That is great news!

I've lost 5 lbs since last Wednesday.
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Been meaning to do this........ Congrats on the loss Jen!!! That's great. I lost another 2 pounds this past week. I'm getting somewhere at least.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Thanks Jazzy

My hubby and I started walking a couple of days ago. I went to the Jamboree yesterday and walked about 5 miles. My legs are a little tired today, but I feel good.
    ~jen~

~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Walking is very good exercise. Now that the kiddies willbe going back to school around here, I'll be getting out to do some walking. Just hate dealing with the little punks. lol

Queen of Fluff

Back to my exercise routine today. I took last week "off" because I was so busy getting ready to go out of town. Not to mention all the good food at my parents' house that I would have had to miss. Hehe. Hope you're all doing well!
    Mary
    Jelly shoe-wearin', Jolt-drinking, cartoon mama

I ain't losing anything! No idea why???? Exercising nearly everyday, my diet has changed, by including more fruit & veg and the juices. Yet, not a thing lost!!! I'm sure there has got to be something wrong with me. It's getting beyond a joke......
    *Sheree*
    *80sxchange's Official Tsker and Finger Waver

Now you see me & now you don't!!!

Oh Man! What's SHEI doing back!???!
    Facebook[/COLOR]

Shei, sometimes your body will react to a change in diet and exercise by storing up fat cells. Don't give up, the weight will eventually start to come off when your body realizes you aren't going to starve it to death.
    ~jen~

~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

I got out yesterday and did some walking while running my errands downtown. Did me a lot of good to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Waiting for Sunday to weigh in again. Of course I'm bloated this week. lol We'll see what it says.

Queen of Fluff

My patience is running out quickly Jen! So much so that I'm actually thinking of asking to be put on either Reductil or Xenical.

Good luck Jazz!
    *Sheree*
    *80sxchange's Official Tsker and Finger Waver

Now you see me & now you don't!!!

Oh Man! What's SHEI doing back!???!
    Facebook[/COLOR]

Okay everyone, I am trying the hardest I ever have to finally lose this weight this time. I have more motivation this time for two reasons: 1. I have a workout room here in the apartment complex with a treadmill, weights, etc. & 2. my boyfriend is helping coaching me along and we are both pushing each other. We have been working out in the gym four days a week for 30 min. at a time and I go walking at my breaks at work and after I get home from work.

I really hope this time I will see results! Wish me luck! I will keep you all updated on my progress.

Mind if I join in? I've been fighting to lose weight since I injured my back in a workplace accident in 1994. I never was a waif to begin with, but after I blew the discs out of my lower back, the situation's gotten out of control.

In the time between then and now, I got married, and still kept packing on weight. Now, I'm in the middle of a divorce, and with the money problems associated with it, I'm not eating like I should.

When I'm stressed out, I can't eat. My body's gone into starvation mode, and is hanging on to everything I eat, putting it in places I don't want it, hehe.

I've managed to lose 30 pounds over the last year by joining a weight loss organization called TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly). I have a weekly weigh-in and stuff, so that helps motivate me to try to weigh the same, or less, then I did last week.

I'm also trying to quit smoking. That's a guaranteed weight-ballooner. I was working out to Billy Blanks last summer, and I really started to tone up, but my exercise partner bowed out on me, and without her to kick my ass, I quit working out.

Losing weight is a tough row to hoe on your own. I come from a family where weight problems seem to be in the genepool. My mom is helping me, and is in TOPS with me, so, things are bound to start looking up. I hope.

I wish all of you who are fighting the same battle as I am all the best of luck. It's not easy, and not fun, but the results will be worth it in the end.

I'm in on the weight loss thing too guys! I've decided to try and bury my sweet tooth forever. I'm looking to lose bout 30lbs or so and I've made a pledge that my son is going to grow up with a fit and toned Daddy! Lets all give each other encouragement. Best of luck Rhelawen and Iluvthe80s!!! Lets kick Ass!
    http://proudfootband.ie/ - PROUDFOOT Soul and Funk Band!

I've found something that is working for me, the soup diet, I've lost a stone in a week (not sure what that converts to) without even exercising. It was originally devised for heart patients that needed to lose weight before an operation but obviously weren’t up to anything physical. The course only lasts for a week, but you can have a week off (not over indulging) then go back on it. The week is hard, but what’s seven days? Then you can have a fairly normal week so you are not consistently denying yourself treats for a very long period which makes most people give up.

The diet consists of making a soup that you can have unlimited amounts of and differnt foods on different days including fruit, veg and meat. I've never been able to stick to a diet in my life but this works for me because I know I only have to do it for a week at a time and don't feel like I am starving myself.

I've tried it Danny, thanks for that bit of advice! This time I want to undergo a total eat change. I want to do it slowly and permanently. I find if I do that diet (and it works guys, believe me) I start binging the week after and I'm back to square one!

This time I'm taking it easy and looking to lose 1 - 2 pounds a week in the hope of getting my body used to permanently eating fruit and veg
    http://proudfootband.ie/ - PROUDFOOT Soul and Funk Band!

I think the best way to lose weight is different for each indiviual, but it's good reading the different post because there are a lot of different ways that people can try which hopefully mean they will find the one for them. Even with this soup diet, I've started to tinker with it a bit to suite my lifestyle.

The other idea I had was find clubs that play 80's music and dance the night away, should burn off a few pounds, but might defeat the object havin' a few drinks, but for you lovely people I'm prepared to try it out :O)

I'm just happy to say I didn't gain any weight on vacation!!!! LOL Now I just need to get past my cold so that I can get back on my diet.

Queen of Fluff

I really wish people would wise up. There is only one sure-fire way to lose weight and keep it off. Eat correctly and exercise. End of story, bottom line. Diets will make you lose weight, but as soon as you go off them you will gain it back. You can't diet forever, it is unhealthy and robs you of elements your body needs.

Like I said....you have to eat right, and you have to move. Weight loss comes from burning more calories than you take in, no ifs ands or buts about it. You don't exercise, than any weight you lose will bite you in the ass....no pun intended.

I know that Pagan. Planning on watching what I eat and getting more exercise as soon as I'm completely over my cold. Trying to get healthy all together.

Queen of Fluff

I'm really going to get on the ball this time. I'm heading over to Curves for Women this morning to check it out. If it's too expensive, I'm going to drag out my yoga DVD and workout regularly. And....I'm going to start walking.

EDIT: We joined a health club today. It's not Curves, but one that my husband and kids can use as well. They have aerobics classes, and a really nice pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room. We're going at 5:00 tomorrow morning to do our first workout.

Breathe in.....Breathe out.....Breathe in.....Breathe out..........

Okay, I'm ready.
    Last edited by jen*; 10-08-02 at 10:10 PM.
    ~jen~

~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information