Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

weight loss - Page 6

80s Forum: weight loss
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: weight loss

Well said Pagan!
    But in some cases, it ain't always gonna work! In women, hormones can also play a part. Which makes it even harder to lose. In some cases, the liver is one of the problems one may not be losing weight. I should know.....
    I'm not putting anything on, but I'm not losing anything either. I'm trying though! I've even noticed that at certain times I feel nauseated when I think of fatty foods. No idea how I managed to get my stomach to do that but, I ain't arguing!!
    *Sheree*
    *80sxchange's Official Tsker and Finger Waver

Now you see me & now you don't!!!

Oh Man! What's SHEI doing back!???!
    Facebook[/COLOR]

Mind if I join y'all? I started working out and watching what I eat (I don't like the word diet...too depressing) since last May and have lost a significant amount of weight. 40 pounds so far! I hate telling people how much I've lost cuz then I can see them looking at me trying to do the math in their heads to figure out how much I must've weighed to begin with...lol

I was doing really great for a long time...walked/ran on the treadmill or used my bike every morning...then used my weight bench for about a half hour later in the day...then went for about an hour walk every evening with the kids...UNTIL...one morning, about a month ago, I woke up and had such a bad pain in my lower back that I could barely get out of bed. Went to the Dr to find out that I pulled a bunch of muscles in my lower back. The culprit: Using the leg extension on my weight bench. My Dr said he doesn't recommend that for anyone unless they're young and in good shape. (I looked at him and said "Ummm...so what are you trying to say???" lol) Anyways, he's banned me from using the leg extension from now on and wanted to me get an exercise ball if I want to work on my legs more than just using the bike and treadmill. I got one and I love it!!!

I've just now gotten to the point where I can start getting back into my workout routine again, but I feel like I'm starting over from the beginning. I still get pains down my legs, but the Dr said that's because the muscles were so strained that they were putting pressure on the sciatic nerve...just gotta keep doing the back exercises and make my back strong again...ugh

My husband just got me an elliptical trainer for my b-day...it kicks my butt, but I love it! It's low impact so it's easy on the back too.

I also drink tons of water...and VITAMINS!!! That part I cannot stress enough...I can feel the difference on days when I've forgotten to take mine. Vitamin B Complex...it's awesome!

ok...now that I've written a novel I've gotta go rake some leaves...UGH

Y'all have a great day!!

I've decided to try yoga as way of exercise. Figure it's something that'll be easy on back to start off with. Planning on starting this on Sunday. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Also gained a few pounds the past couple of weeks. Really determined to change that and get back on track with my weight loss.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Good for you Jazzy! I hear yoga can work great. I lost a lot of weight over about a 2 year period. I decided to cut something bad out of my diet and add something good every 3 weeks. I cut out soft drinks first. Then came fast food and I just kept picking things I knew were bad for me. I had to give each new thing about 3 weeks to get the hang of it. I added eating an apple every morning for breakfast, snaking on fruit... Now I can't imagine eating all the junk I used to eat. It took a while though. Exercising definately helped too. I started with weight lifting and now I walk the hills around our house 5 days a week. I have to exercise with things around the house though or I'll never take the time to be consistant. Just put your mind to it, be determined and dont let anything discourage you. Even if you miss exercising for a day or so...do just a little. Anything just to keep the routine going. Good luck!
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Also going to start walking some. Have a park behind my apartments with a nice path there.

Queen of Fluff

So how's everyone doing with their weightloss????? Hope it's going well for everyone. I know I'm feeling very motivated right now to make some real changes in my eating and excerise habits.

Queen of Fluff

Good attitude Jazzy. I'm having a bit of a hard time with the weather change. It's dark and cold now when I used to go outside and exercise. I still do the outdoor exercises but not as much. I have been doing indoor exercises instead. It's just been hard to keep motivated.
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

I realized this morning that I've lost 3 pounds this past week. Was happy to see that. lol Definitely doing something right here.

Queen of Fluff

Congrats Jazzy!!! Keep up the great work girl!

hey jazzy-good luck
    i hav lost 179 lbs in 5 months(of course i have had gastric bypass) but it is difficult. the doctors made me do away with soda -it was hard but after a week of no soda it was easier. they basically put me on the adkins diet which was helpfull and as everyone else has said never to much water-but ive founf that i like ice tea(i never liked it before) but a new sugar sub is on the market called splenda its great give it a go. i wish you lots of luck as i know the stress it can become... but always do it for the right reasons and i think it will be easier. keep us posted on the loss

Nice to see someone new from Oregon here. Congrats on your weight loss. That's great news.

Queen of Fluff

I did something about this today. Decided to try Jenny Craig and see if it helps any. I'll let you know if it's any good.

Queen of Fluff

Well, I had been trying to lose some weight for some time now. However, due to recent tragedies, I have gotten sidetracked from that.
    Sneaking a peek at Princess P
    Waiting for BrownEyedGirl to come my way, again and again.

Richard's Dazed and Confused Website

Good luck Jazzy and DC! I got side tracked over the holidays a bit. Too many goodies around. I'm back to my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch though and the added lbs are coming off.

I have been doing the adkins thing and it is working great for me. I only have a short way to go to get back to target weight and have tons more energy. Keep it up Jazz and you will get there
    Judas Priest Fan For Life

AMERICA, land of the FREE and BRAVE

Proud Papa of Emily and Zachary, they are both my Angels.

A CLEVELAND BROWNS FAN SINCE BIRTH, till death do us part.

Partner in crime and drinking buddy to Prefab Sprouter

The Crown Prince of Perv

"So it's sorta social. Demented and sad, but social, right?" BC-1985

I just finished my first week on this program......I lost 4 pounds!!!!!! I'm excited. lol

Queen of Fluff

Been 4 weeks and I've lost 10 pounds!!! Excited by this. Starting to see a difference now.

Queen of Fluff

WtG Jazzmyn! Keep up the good work! I'm still going to the gym three days a week, and trying to stay away from the potato chips!

Well, I have been trying to get in shape myself but recently I have slipped up. It is hardest when I get home from work or on the weekends. My plan was and still is to eat a big breakfast and a smaller lunch then to not eat anything after 3pm. Works great when I can stick to it.

In the summer I was able to do a half hour bike ride. I fought it most mornings but I did feel better when I got into it. Now tho, I don't There is a gym close by that I want to try but kinda feel silly going by myself. Maybe I wil try it out in the late evenings?

My problem is I am on my feet all day at work and am usually too tired to ..ok that's a lame excuse! LOL I am too lazy that's all.

As for eating, I try to stay away from pizza and any cheese products. Been making a yummy red bean and rice dish. It is filling and loads of fiber. I do cheat on Sundays. Th's the day I picked to eat whatever I want. Funny thing is, lately, Sundays have been more then one day a week.

Anyways, I am trying to keep moving around a lot at work. Making it a point to not take too many breaks. When I get home I try to kep my apt. cleaned up and that helps keep me somewhat active.

I think I have lost a few pounds but they easily came back.

Rhel, my weakness too is chips. DAMN Conn's!! LOL

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Congrats Jazzmyn!!
    A few of my friends are on Jenny Craig. My friend Sgt. L. Lost 60 pounds on it. Since i've been stuck behind a desk for the past few months my weight has slowly crept up on me. I've tried many crash diets in my lifetime. i've even tried those weight loss supplements (xenedrine, Stacker 2) all i have to say about those is PLEASE DON'T!!! Yes, I lost the weight wicked fast but my heart felt like it was gonna jump out of my chest! Not worth the consequences. Now I go to the gym twice a day and I take a Hatha Yoga class which I love!

My gym has a womans only section that i spend most of my time in. The first few times I went i felt a little weird but now it's like second nature. We should start an Xchangers support group!
    ~*uuɐloɹɐɔ~*
    Stalked by the fantabulos Prefab Sprouter
    Partners in Crime with Annette
    Proud member of the metal chick posse
    Member of the Xchange Badgirl club!
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    ~ Ellen Goodman

Trekkin By Harket..

Boston Bruins

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information