Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Dave/Sam concert report!

80s Forum: Dave/Sam concert report!

Dave/Sam concert report!

I went to Peoria Illinois, about a three hour drive, to see this show. Let me tell ya something, This was the most FUN I had at a concert in a long, long time.

The set list is much the same as what was posted in the other thread, so I wont go into that. WHat I will tell you is the following items.
    1. Dave can still sing. Suprised how good he sounded. He is still in terrific shape as well. He looked much like he did in the EAT 'EM AND SMILE era. (with the exception of a few less strands of hair.) His jumps arent quite as high as they once were, but he was still doing them. Dave put on a fantastic set, and his band was very tight. THe guitarist was playing note for note, every EVH song/riff/solo. I was dissapointed that he only played one solo tune. I thought he may have added more as they went along.

2. Sammy Hagar friking ROCKS. For anybody who doubts it, go see for yourself. If you even 1/2 liked him in Van Halen, or his solo stuff, you HAVE GOT to see him live. He put on a high energy, rocking, and totally great show. HIs band was great as well. During the song MAS TEQULLA, they were showing GIRLS GONE WILD footage on the video screens! (boobies rule!)
    Sammy played ALMOST all my favorite tunes. (NO ROCK CANDY? )
    and he put his total soul into every song. During HEAVY METAL they were showing footage from the movie! COOL! Great show, I would recommend seeing it when it comes near you!
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

The show in San Antonio was supposed to be last night, but for some reason it has been rescheduled. The new date is sometime in August. I wonder why it was rescheduled?

Dude, I can't wait to see this show!
    Might As Well Jump!

Glad that you had a great time at the concert Jasper...I saw Sammy Hagar in concert back in"83" and have to totally agree that he puts EVERYTHING he has into his concerts! Thanks for the update! I was wondering if you had went.
    *Jana*
    Carrie Lynn
    March 20, 1990-Sept. 12, 1992
    NIGHT RANGER'S #1 GROUPIE !!
    "YOU CAN STILL ROCK IN AMERICA!!!"
    THE 80SXCHANGE OFFICIAL BARGAIN HUNTRESS! (Thanks Sarg! )

Thanks for the update Jasper!

I would like to go see this show!

Thread Information