Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Much news...Whitesnake reunion, C.C. is drunk AGAIN and Lillian Axe returns.

80s Forum: Much news...Whitesnake reunion, C.C. is drunk AGAIN and Lillian Axe returns.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Much news...Whitesnake reunion, C.C. is drunk AGAIN and Lillian Axe returns.

From foundrymusic.com:

While negotiations have not been finalized, it looks as if David Coverdale will be putting together an incarnation of WHITESNAKE to tour in 2003. While nothing has been confirmed, it seems that John Sykes will participate in this lineup.

In a recent interview with Electric Basement, Bret Michaels of POISON said that while band is stronger than ever these days, it is evident that guitarist C.C. DeVille has regressed slightly to his old drinking habits:
    "I would say this. The slip up has already come on this tour and we just try our best and keep everything going. The drinking will set in or whatever, like diabetes, his substance abuse is an everyday battle. Sometimes it's absolutely great and sometimes he slips up"

New Orleans Rock Champions LILLIAN AXE Return With Double-Live Album & Tour Dates!

'Live 2002' Scheduled For August 20th Release Through Red And Gold International

Having spent much of the past 7 years on hiatus and working in side bands, New Orleans heroes LILLIAN AXE are primed to make a grand return to form with their first-ever live album 'Live 2002', slated for release through Red And Gold International on August 20th. Various tour dates are being planned for late July through August.

LILLIAN AXE currently consists of founding members Steve Blaze (guitar) and Ron Taylor (vocals), with bassist Darrin DeLatte, guitarist Sam Poitevent and drummer Ken Koudelka. The new double-live album, 'Live 2002', was recorded in Houston, TX in May of this year. The release celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of hard rock's most gifted yet underrated talents. 'Live 2002' explores deep into the music that has given LILLIAN AXE its signature sound and made the band an underground favorite worldwide.

Formed in the mid-80s by classical-guitar trained Steve Blaze and vocalist Ron Taylor; LILLIAN AXE perfected an infectious style of harmony-saturated hard rock that spawned extensive radio & MTV support, numerous world tours and 4 studio albums, including a self-titled debut produced by the late Ratt guitarist Robbin Crosby (featuring the video & radio hit "Dream Of A Lifetime") and two extremely successful efforts (1992's 'Poetic Justice' - which reached the Billboard Top 100 and bore 2 hit singles: "True Believer" and "No Matter What", and 1993's 'Psychoschizophrenia' - which featured drummer Tommy Stewart, who went to join Godsmack) with legendary Led Zeppelin producer Leif Mases.

The late 90s saw LILLIAN AXE on hiatus with side bands (Near Life Experience and The Bridge) as well as building families, but the road came calling, and the band regrouped to tour through 1999-2000.

There is great cause for the band to celebrate. 2002 not only brings 'Live 2002', a testimonial of fine craftsmanship, but also more touring, as LILLIAN AXE is confirmed to perform dates with Cinderella and Judas Priest respectively. 2 CD release parties are also being coordinated in Texas (one of which will be at the very location where the album was recorded - 19th Hole in Houston)!

Dates include:
    Tuesday, July 23rd Dallas, TX Canyon Club (with Cinderella)
    Wednesday, July 24th New Orleans, LA House Of Blues (with Cinderella)
    Thursday, August 1st Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre (with Judas Priest)
    Friday, August 23rd Dallas, TX Galaxy Club
    Saturday, August 24th Houston, TX 19th Hole
    Saturday, September 21st Baton Rouge, LA Richoux
    Sunday, September 22nd Jackson, MS The Dock

Sweet I can't wait for Lillian Axe, however I'm not Very surprised at CC, sheesh.
    As For Whitesnake, it sounds Promising, I hope this works out

Thanks again for the "News Update" Alan, you're just full of... News today hehehe, thought I was gonna say something else didn't ya?
    In Loving Memory Of Kira
    1973-2002
    "Con tu adios, te llevas
    Mi Corazon"

The Xchange Resident Grave Digger AKA The Mistress of the "Golden Shovel" of the 80's
    Cyber-Sis of VioletFoxx
    Official Bodyguard of Flix *sniffle* - Official Bodyguard of Mizkitty... NOBODY breaks a piece off of this Kit-Kat
    Officially Stalked by the #1 Kiwi Xchanger Recker and the Insomniac Mod Tydestra
    TGND's Snow White Fantasy
    Savedge1's girlish METAL Friend
    Westend Girl's Personal "Trainer"
    Stalking Tydestra my All-Nite playmate in badness *purrr*
    Pagan's Secret Goddess from afar... but far from silent... *sigh* Wishing she could run her fingers through those long locks of hair
    Taz's METAL sister in Mayhem, and Musical Advisor
    Kindred Soul of Jazzy & Tydestra
    Proud Founding member of the "Nite Crue" R.I.P. 2001-2002

"One who is Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...
    ...the fact that he has to die"
    -Daidoji Yuzan

Bad CC.

Cool

Thanks for the info Pagan!

Anyone interested in Lillian Axe or Steve Blaze, please check out my June 2002 interview with Steve at http://www.angelfire.com/ny/MetalBabe/blaze.html

Pagan, please let me know if you did not get my reply to your private message. I did write back, but was having some server problems!

I knew it, he looked loaded in Toronto, and kept doing crab poses for the audience
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Okay....now you MUST explain to us what a "crab pose" is!

Samboragirl, I got your reply.....I sent you a PM today.

Originally posted by Pagan
    Okay....now you MUST explain to us what a "crab pose" is!

the bodybuilding term, when they are flexxing their pecs, hands down by you waist slightly bent over and flexing... CC was running around the stage shirtless and doing this pose over and over again.. I thought it looked odd at the time
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

WHo cares about CC being drunk again, when the REAL whitesnake may once again tour! WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Sykes is a Frieking GOD on the guitar! Since he is on good terms with the same drummer (Tommy Aldridge I believe)who was in WS when they were huge is good (he played with him in Thin Lizzy), he should be on board as well. As for the Bass player, maybe Marco Mendoza who was also in TL with Sykes! Just to hear coverdale sing STILL OF THE NIGHT with that MONSTER guitar sound that Sykes brings, will be pure heaven!
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Hey, I care if CC is drunk again! I don't want to see Poison fall apart.

As for Whitesnake, that would be great to see them tour again and possibly have some new material.

Wel, if Poison falls apart, I will send you an "I'm so sorry" PM!
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

CC can be quite a character at times. Hopefully the chemistry between him and Bret will work out.

The name Lillian Axe seems to ring a bell. I've never heard their music, but Pagan, didn't Livesay go on tour with them some time?
    David

I love Poison, I don't want them to break up either.

I was a huge Lillian Axe fan in the early 90s.. ("Psychoschizophrenia" was my favorite album) Saw them twice, once before Ron cut his hair and once after

I'll have to dig out my pictures of me and Stevie! My best friend, Dan, was best buds with Stevie Blaze.. I got to neet them both times that I saw them live...

It's awesome that they are doing stuff together again!!!
    A Veteran Xchanger

Just found this dissapointing news!

David Coverdale says: "...At this time...I have NO plans of any 'reunion' with any former members of WS...so I ask you to be patient...and also not 'compete' on the [message] Board whom you think I should work with.
    The 'negative energy' of this is unwelcome...As most of you know...I will choose the musicians with whom I want to work...as I have always done from the beginning...and if it is to be WS...then the players will be of a calibre to present WS music in the absolute best way.."
    And "...There are certain players I would enjoy collaborating with at this time...but, whether or not I feel they would be suitable for an 'appropriate' new chapter of WS is another matter entirely...I have absolutely NO plans of involving myself with any international corporate record company...so...other than the forthcoming compilations, please do not be anticipating a new WS album...altho' if indeed I pursue this course of action...I will no doubt record live shows for future CD releases...and in-concert videos...As those of you who have travelled with me, and supported me all these years know..."

Thanks for the news Pagan.!!!

I'm so excited!!!! I loooooovvvee Lillian Axe. Such a huge fan of theirs. Will definitely be looking for this album. They put a great on a great live show.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Originally posted by Boggle
    CC can be quite a character at times. Hopefully the chemistry between him and Bret will work out.

The name Lillian Axe seems to ring a bell. I've never heard their music, but Pagan, didn't Livesay go on tour with them some time?
    No Boggle, we never played with Lillian Axe. The closest we came to them was opening for Angel, of which Steve Blaze is the guitarist.

I didn't know that Stevie was the guitarist for "Angel"... thats pretty cool! See Pagan.. you and I have actually shaken hands with the same guy... it's like you and I have shaken hands! (I know... that was lame! )
    A Veteran Xchanger

And tinajo, that means you have also shaken hands with TAZ (if the same logic is to be followed.) Which means, oh, never mind...!

I've also shaken Steve Blaze's hand! Which means...oh never mind!
    Proud Girlfriend Of Wonderham!

Sister Sambora Soulmate to LadyDi4476

"You're out of touch, I'm out of time..." - Hall & Oates
    Still Rokken Like Dokken!
    "Forgive yourself cause we're all the same. Everybody rides on the karma train..."- Richie Sambora

What is this, a new game? Six Degrees Of Steve Blaze?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information