Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bon Jovi

80s Forum: Bon Jovi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bon Jovi

I have been a Bon Jovi fan since about '84 myself - guess it's time I joined the fanclub - before the next tour starts! Have you heard the new song? I LOVE IT!) I am so jealous that you got to see all those shows! Sounds like a great time!

***and just a note - this was moved over here from DanaJovi's "Hello" thread! I didn't just start this thread randomly or something!
    Last edited by samboragirl; 8-12-02 at 09:59 PM.
    Proud Girlfriend Of Wonderham!

Sister Sambora Soulmate to LadyDi4476

"You're out of touch, I'm out of time..." - Hall & Oates
    Still Rokken Like Dokken!
    "Forgive yourself cause we're all the same. Everybody rides on the karma train..."- Richie Sambora

Oh it was the best summer!!!!!!!!! I also had won tickets to the soundcheck for the second show here last year!! Front row center right in front of Jon!!!!! Yes, I have heard the new song!!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!! I think I'm gonna wear out my speakers on my puter!!!!!!!

You are sooo lucky!
    (Samborgirl is now running to the Backstage with Jon Bon Jovi website to join the club...)

"Forgive yourself cause we're all the same. Everybody rides on the karma train..."- Richie Sambora

Wink

The tour is suppose to start "here" sometime in January or so! I can't wait!!!!!! ALOT of my Jovi friends from NY, NJ, NC and Chicago are going to the Times Square thing!!!!!! I am so depressed that I can't go!

Yay, a new tour is coming soon!! I am so gonna make it to this one next year.

Well I work on Sept. 5th but I am hoping to sneak out early. I will be so upset if I don't make it to Times Square!
    ~*DIANE*~

Sister Soulmate to Samboragirl Bon Jovi 4/Ever

"Don't You Forget About Me"

QUEEN fanatic, long live Freddie Mercury

collector of 80s DvDz!!

"Heavy, why are things so heavy in the future? Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull?"-- BTTF

That 70s Show crazed
    "But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, an athelete, a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, THE BREAKFAST CLUB"

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

Just out of curiosity what's your favorite Bon Jovi song and album?

It's hard to pick just one but I'd have to go with Wanted Dead or Alive, I mean that song still kicks ass to this day. How hot does Richie sound in it?! Second would have to be Born To Be My Baby. My fave albums are Slippery and New Jersey.

I've been playing my Everyday mp3 over and over, it's awesome!
    ~*DIANE*~

collector of 80s DvDz!!

"Heavy, why are things so heavy in the future? Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull?"-- BTTF

That 70s Show crazed
    "But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, an athelete, a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, THE BREAKFAST CLUB"

(sigh) I wish I could make it to Times Square!!! Unfortunatlely, I live about 4 hrs. from the city. And I'll have to work. Hmmm. Maybe I can be "sick" that day! I have a feeling that area will be a real headache - I bet a lot of people will go! It would be totally worth it, though. At least maybe the halftime thing will be on TV, I hope.

They should definitely release all of their old home vids on DVD. And a compilation of their music videos would definitely be cool. Rich should put out a DVD of his solo stuff, too. I'd eat that up in a heartbeat!

Richie does sound beautiful on wanted. I also love his harmonies on "Born To Be My Baby."

Don't know if the question was directed to me as well, but it is REALLY tough to pick a favorite Jovi song. I love them all! Lately I have been enjoying the really old stuff again. At this moment "Shot Through The Heart" off the first album is probably my fave! My favorite overall album is probably New Jersey right at this moment. This is all subject to change at any moment!

"Everyday" RULES. There's nothing like having a new Bon Jovi song / album to listen to!!! Makes life even more enjoyable!

*LOVING THIS THREAD!*

oh I couldn't agree more! I love having a brand new Bon Jovi single out! I can't wait for October 8th!

I dig their first CD a lot, one of my faves has always been "She Don't Know Me". I really like that song and it's a shame it was never released. "In & Out Of Love" is also a classic fave I still catch myself listening too.

I am hoping we get something new released on DVD with the new cd. A complilation of all their videos would be so cool. They have some GREAT videos, most especially from Keep the Faith. I love the vid for Born To Be My Baby though with them singing around the mic in b/w. Sizzle, they all look hot! I'd love to catch Richie's videos cause I've only ever seen Stranger In This Town and that was a long time ago. I seem to recall him walking around in the rain

I do believe that half time special and the times square event are going to air on VH-1. Maybe not that day but later on.

Listen to me I'm rambling, I can go on all day about them!
    ~*DIANE*~

collector of 80s DvDz!!

That 70s Show crazed

Di, I could read your rambles about it all day. Then ramble another day-long myself! One of my favorite topics!

Richie had a video for Ballad Of Youth also. My boyfriend downloaded it from Kazaa or something for me and burned it onto a CD. It is, of course, fabulous!

ok well let me ramble away then! Just kidding..

Really, I have Kazaa...hmm I'll have to see if I can download it.

I'm listening to Stranger In This Town right now. I looooove The Answer, that song is SO deep. That was the song that did it for me. That cd was released in 1991 when I was 15 and after hearing it I fell head over heels for him. I used to write short stories on how I would meet him one day and he'd fall in love with me LOL. Yeah ok too much info
    ~*DIANE*~

collector of 80s DvDz!!

That 70s Show crazed

Di,
    This is insane!!! I think we're lost sisters or something! You're not going to believe this! The Answer did it for me, too!!! In 1991 I turned 18 and went to college. It was a sad, scary, and strange time in my life. Richie's album spoke to me. I was already head over since I saw the Slippery videos - but that put me over the top forever and completely!!!
    We should definitely get together someday and go to a Jovi show!
    Sorry about all the off-topic (kinda) ranting DanaJovi! Di and I seem to be stalking each other lately! Di please e-mail me and we can talk more! Did you see the page I made for Richie on my site? I can't remember! My lame attempt at putting something out there he might see someday if he's really, really, REALLY bored!
    Rock on!

hehe!

check your email at SamboraGirl, I just sent you a message! Let me know if you have MSN Messinger.

DanaJovi, I added you to my AIM hope we can chat too!
    ~*DIANE*~

collector of 80s DvDz!!

That 70s Show crazed

LOL I got you guys talking, huh!? I honestly don't think I could pick ONE Jovi song!!!!!! As far as ballads though, Always is my favorite!!!!!! I have all the videos they made............plus quite a few bootleg videos of concerts............including the entire second show from Giants last year!!!! (which I was at........sigh) As far as dvd.................I have Crush dvd...........but no dvd player!!! How crazy is that!!!! LOL

Hey Diane............I just noticed that your b-day is the day after mine!!!!!! LOL Although a few years different!!!!!!!

Wohoo, a fellow April Aries! Yay!

Cool Dana, so you saw them at Giants Stadium! I SOOO wanted to go to that show but the tickets sold out on me Is it the same one that was aired on VH1? I have that on tape and I watch it all the time. I have been looking for Crush on DVD for the longest time and I have to find it. I am just gonna have to order it on Amazon. Girl you gotta get a dvd player, it is simply the best the invention! lol

My fave ballads are Always and I'll Be There For You, but it's very hard to pick just one!

Feel free to IM me at LadyDi4476 on AIM!
    ~*DIANE*~

collector of 80s DvDz!!

That 70s Show crazed

I was on the Fan Club Trip! So I was at both shows at Giants last year! I have the one that aired on VH-1 but I also have the whole second show! The one on VH-1 was a combination of both nights! The Crush dvd has extra stuff that the video doesn't have! It great!!!! I know I need to get a dvd player.........but I kind of want to wait until I can afford to get the combo dvd/vhs! I have sooooooooooo many vhs tapes!!!!!!

ok now I gotta get the Crush DVD!! I have a separate VHS & DVD player cause I also have tons of VHS tapes. I have Crossroad on VHS, it has a lot of their videos but my one problem with that video is that they never had Born To Be My Baby on there! lol

You were so lucky to see BOTH Giants Stadium shows! I have it on tape and I watch it all the time. I love when Jon lets everyone sing Wanted Dead or Alive. I read that Richie sang Stranger In This Town but VH1 cut it out. Darnit.
    ~*DIANE*~

collector of 80s DvDz!!

That 70s Show crazed

Originally posted by LadyDi4476
    I read that Richie sang Stranger In This Town but VH1 cut it out. Darnit.
    Why, VH-1...why? It's not like we can see that everyday or something!

Di, I will answer your e-mails after work tonight. Dana, I am sure we'll get talking soon, too!
    Last edited by samboragirl; 8-12-02 at 01:46 PM.

Originally posted by samboragirl

Why, VH-1...why? It's not like we can see that everyday or something!

Di, I will answer your e-mails after work tonight. Dana, I am sure we'll get talking soon, too!
    I know! VH1 is so cruel! I have never seen Richie sing that song live.

Ok I look forward to hearing from you!!
    ~*DIANE*~

collector of 80s DvDz!!

That 70s Show crazed

Yep Richie did sing it!!!!! It was awesome!! And Heather was right in front of the stage just dancin' away!!!! So cool! He sang it at both shows here in Detroit too!!!!!!!!!! This pic is from the Detroit show when he was singing "Stranger"! Okay so the pic didn't work!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Dana, I love that pic of Richie!! So beautiful.

I have the Fan Club trip video (I bought it through Backstage with JBJ). Are you on it? Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the GS shows last summer since I was at camp. I will always regret that. But I have a bootleg video from the second show at Giants Stadium and the VH-1 special on tape. So I can get an IDEA of what it was like to be there?

Are any of you guys registered on the Backstage board? My user name is Christine there too.
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information