Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Didja Know? - Heart

80s Forum: Didja Know? - Heart

Didja Know? - Heart

Did you know that Heart has been around since the mid-70s, but made their comeback in 1985?

They have a new album scheduled for release in the spring of 2003, and will follow it up with a world tour.

They broke up for a time in the 90s, and the sisters (Ann and Nancy Wilson) were part of an acoustic band called the Lovemongers.

The sisters were involved with two of the male founding members of the band, who later left the band after break-ups with the girls.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?
    I don't know. I lost my psychic abilities when they stole my superhero powers.

Ann and Nancy Wilson are daughters of a Marine Corps captain. They grew up in both Southern California and Taiwan before the Wilson family settled in Seattle, WA.

Heart was actually formed in 1963 by bassist Steve Fossen and friends Roger Fisher and Mike Flicker; initially dubbed the Army, they later became White Heart before settling on simply Heart at the beginning of the '70s.

After selling more than 30,000 copies north of the border, Mushroom issued the LP "Dreamboat Annie" in the U.S. where it quickly achieved platinum status on the strength of the hit singles "Crazy on You" and "Magic Man." In 1977, Heart jumped ship to the CBS affiliate Portrait, resulting in a protracted legal battle with Siegel, who in 1978 released the unfinished LP Magazine on Mushroom shortly after the band issued its true follow-up Little Queen on Portrait.
    Last edited by Iluvthe80s; 8-25-02 at 10:28 AM.

Heart members Roger Fisher, Steve Fossen, and Mike Derosier, were members of ALIAS who had a hit in 1990 with MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY. The other two band members were from the band SHERRIFF who had a hit with WHEN I'M WITH YOU in the 80s.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

The song "Barracuda" (sp) was written after an incident Ann Wilson had with a rock reporter.

Side note:
    Stacy, I thought "Magic Man" and "Crazy for You" were on the "Dreamboat Annie" album. At least that's what's on the track listings on the CD I got. Maybe they're also on "Magazine".

Oh another interesting fact about Heart:
    The song "Magic Man" was written about Ann Wilson's relationship with one of the members of Heart (can't remember which member though).

The riff for "Barracuda" was nicked from Zeppelin's "Achille's Last Stand".

Oops, sorry, it was "Dreamboat Annie". Thanks for pointing that out, Molly. I corrected it.

Re: Didja Know? - Heart

When MTV came on, the videos they made for Heart, really made me mad! Ann's whole body wasn't shown on a few videos - just her face & shoulders. Why? She had gained a bunch of weight. Isn't that awful!!! Now-a-days, it wouldn't matter. She's got a voice that is so powerful!

Thread Information