Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
80's One Hit Wonders - Page 3

80s Forum: 80's One Hit Wonders
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79
  1. #41
    djdaffy1227's Avatar
    djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Erie, PA U.S.A.
    Age
    48
    Posts
    9,411

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Roger Daltrey only had one hit as a solo artist.....Many of these artists had other hits as parts of groups.

    If we went that route, here are a few others....

    Frida and Agnetha Faltskog were in a little group known as ABBA
    Dennis DeYoung was in a little group called Styx
    Ric Ocasek was lead singer of a little group I like to call The Cars
    Donald Fagan was with a little group called Steely Dan
    Timothy B Schmit was in another little group called The Eagles
    Andy Taylor's little group was Duran Duran
    Last edited by djdaffy1227; 8-19-04 at 05:24 AM.

    you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    5,048

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    You know they have all these Greatest Hits albums of the 80's, whehter it best love songs, #1 hits of 1987 so on and so forth but does anyone know if the have one for The greatest one hit wonder songs? I would buy that in a heartbeat! The 80's must of been the decade for them! Please let me know.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hitsville UK
    Age
    55
    Posts
    631

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Quote Originally Posted by djdaffy1227
    Roger Daltrey only had one hit as a solo artist.....Many of these artists had other hits as parts of groups.

    If we went that route, here are a few others....

    Frida and Agnetha Faltskog were in a little group known as ABBA
    Dennis DeYoung was in a little group called Styx
    Ric Ocasek was lead singer of a little group I like to call The Cars
    Donald Fagan was with a little group called Steely Dan
    Timothy B Schmit was in another little group called The Eagles
    Andy Taylor's little group was Duran Duran
    You know now you mention it some of those groups do sound familiar
    Out of intrest did Brian Ferry have any better luck in the States with the little group he fronted called Roxy Music?

    Tnx

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Holt, Michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    884

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Great list daffy, a good resource to pull from on my way to filling up my hard drive.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Holt, Michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    884

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    from 1981 ...The Producers - What's he got

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Quote Originally Posted by stlkev70
    You know they have all these Greatest Hits albums of the 80's, whehter it best love songs, #1 hits of 1987 so on and so forth but does anyone know if the have one for The greatest one hit wonder songs? I would buy that in a heartbeat! The 80's must of been the decade for them! Please let me know.
    These were Canadian releases only, but there were two volumes of a compilation called One Hit Wonderful that came out a few years back. I can't find info on volume 2, but I can tell you it has a purple sleeve that has a picture of a kid with a black eye wearing boxing gloves



    1. Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
    2. Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha - Trio
    3. 99 Red Balloons - Nena
    4. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
    5. Pass the Dutchie - Musical Youth
    6. Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
    7. Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
    8. In a Big Country - Big Country
    9. 867-5309/Jenny - Tommy Tutone
    10. Voices Carry - 'Til Tuesday
    11. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
    12. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
    13. Rock the Boat - Hues Corporation
    14. Too Shy - Kajagoogoo, Limahl
    15. Living on Video - Trans-X
    16. Crash - The Primitives
    17. Respect Yourself - Bruce Willis
    18. Take Off - Bob and Doug McKenzie, Geddy Lee
    Last edited by whistledog; 8-30-04 at 02:19 AM.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Holt, Michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    884

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Came across this one that I have not heard in ages ...

    Big Pig - "I Can't Break Away" with all the drums, I played this a lot at the nightclub I worked at in Oklahoma.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Weslaco, TX
    Age
    53
    Posts
    77

    Red face Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but I did not spot "Sweet Baby" by Stanley Clarke & George Duke on this list.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
    __________________


  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Quote Originally Posted by whistledog
    These were Canadian releases only, but there were two volumes of a compilation called One Hit Wonderful that came out a few years back. I can't find info on volume 2, but I can tell you it has a purple sleeve that has a picture of a kid with a black eye wearing boxing gloves



    1. Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
    2. Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha - Trio
    3. 99 Red Balloons - Nena
    4. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
    5. Pass the Dutchie - Musical Youth
    6. Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
    7. Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
    8. In a Big Country - Big Country
    9. 867-5309/Jenny - Tommy Tutone
    10. Voices Carry - 'Til Tuesday
    11. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
    12. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
    13. Rock the Boat - Hues Corporation
    14. Too Shy - Kajagoogoo, Limahl
    15. Living on Video - Trans-X
    16. Crash - The Primitives
    17. Respect Yourself - Bruce Willis
    18. Take Off - Bob and Doug McKenzie, Geddy Lee
    Here's a track listing for the CD One Hit Wonderful 2. Not just 80's on this one however

    1. Mickey ~ Toni Basil
    2. Walking on Sunshine ~ Katrina & the Waves
    3. Montego Bay ~ Amazulu
    4. You Keep Me Hangin' On ~ Kim Wilde
    5. Axel F ~ Harold FAltermeyer
    6. Nemesis ~ Shriekback
    7. Tainted Love ~ Soft Cell
    8. 19 ~ Paul Hardcastle
    9. Walk the Dinosaur ~ Was (Not Was)
    10. Rico Suave ~ Gerardo
    11. Walk on the Wildside ~ Laymen Twaist
    12. Sleeping Satellite ~ Tasmin Archer
    13. Cry ~ Godley & Creme
    14. You Get What You Give ~ New Radicals
    15. Unbelievable ~ EMF
    16. I Touch Myself ~ Divinyls
    17. To Be With You ~ Mr. Big
    18. Welcome Back (Theme From Welcome Back Kotter) ~ John Sebastian
    19. Puttin' on the Ritz ~ Taco
    Last edited by whistledog; 1-15-05 at 04:11 PM.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Suzanne Vega - Luka 1987
    __________________


  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Buinen, Netherlands
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    The first list posted by djdaffy1227's contains 25 artist who had more than one hit in the chart her in the Netherlands,

    Like Gary Numan - Are friends electric
    Nena - Nur getraumd, Leuchtturm, Irgendwie Irgendwo Irgendwann and last year with Kim Wilde Anyplace Anywhere Anytime.
    Tracy Ullman - Breakaway, Sunglasses
    Kajagoogoo - Big Apple - Turn your back on me.

    And the second list contains 10.

    Like

    Pia Zadora - When the rain begins to fall
    Talk Talk - Dum dum girl, It's a shame, Life is what you make it and more. ( love their music )

    So it depends on where you live if a band is a one hit wonder. Sure there are one hit wonders overhere that you haven't heard of or that are mutiple scoring acts.

    Does any of you know one of our one hit wonders :

    Anya - Moscow nights

    She is the girl from the Nikita video, by Elton John. After the song Nikita became a big hit overhere she brought out this song and had a top 10 hit with it and she has never been heard of since.

    If anyone would like to hear what Anya sounds like than listen in overhere.

    home.planet.nl/~dam02036/Anya_moscownights.mp3

    It would be nice to hear what you think about it.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Canada baaaaaaaaaaby!
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,173

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    I discovered a couple of song with walvis, Nena song with Kim Wilde is very good!!

    That good old JS, an 80s lover in the past & for years to come!!


  14. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    One of my favourite 80's one hit wonders was an old Canadian song called 'What About Me' by Belinda Metz. Gosh I love that song

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Canada baaaaaaaaaaby!
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,173

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Rico Suave ~ Gerardo
    Worst song of all times!!

    That good old JS, an 80s lover in the past & for years to come!!


  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Buinen, Netherlands
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    If anyone would like to hear what Nena sound's like at this moment.

    Listen: ftp://84.80.96.90/walvis/001
    Last edited by walvis; 1-27-05 at 04:34 PM.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    http://danssongsearch.blogspot
    Posts
    905

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Quote Originally Posted by whistledog
    Here's a track listing for the CD One Hit Wonderful 2. Not just 80's on this one however

    1. Mickey ~ Toni Basil
    2. Walking on Sunshine ~ Katrina & the Waves
    3. Montego Bay ~ Amazulu
    4. You Keep Me Hangin' On ~ Kim Wilde
    5. Axel F ~ Harold FAltermeyer
    6. Nemesis ~ Shriekback
    7. Tainted Love ~ Soft Cell
    8. 19 ~ Paul Hardcastle
    9. Walk the Dinosaur ~ Was (Not Was)
    10. Rico Suave ~ Gerardo
    11. Walk on the Wildside ~ Laymen Twaist
    12. Sleeping Satellite ~ Tasmin Archer
    13. Cry ~ Godley & Creme
    14. You Get What You Give ~ New Radicals
    15. Unbelievable ~ EMF
    16. I Touch Myself ~ Divinyls
    17. To Be With You ~ Mr. Big
    18. Welcome Back (Theme From Welcome Back Kotter) ~ John Sebastian
    19. Puttin' on the Ritz ~ Taco


    ONE HIT WONDERFUL 2

    MORE HARD TO FIND ONE HIT WONDERS CD USA VG/VG

    (Very Good) Excellent condition, Please Email us with any questions about our merchandise, we are always happy to help! Look for our gift wrapping options on our Zshop store front!!!!!!!

    ONEHIT2 REGROOVEDC $25.00 BUY Info...

    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&d...IT+WONDERFUL+2

    Dan

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Canada baaaaaaaaaaby!
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,173

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Quote Originally Posted by walvis
    If anyone would like to hear what Nena sound's like at this moment.

    Listen: ftp://84.80.96.90/walvis
    Die hard 80s fans who like innovative music should go hear this stuff!!!


    That good old JS, an 80s lover in the past & for years to come!!


  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Buinen, Netherlands
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    Nice list of one hit wonders on this CD, but overhere not rare at all. The ones I have and you will find on any Best of the 80's CD are :


    1. Mickey ~ Toni Basil
    2. Walking on Sunshine ~ Katrina & the Waves
    4. You Keep Me Hangin' On ~ Kim Wilde
    5. Axel F ~ Harold FAltermeyer
    7. Tainted Love ~ Soft Cell
    8. 19 ~ Paul Hardcastle
    9. Walk the Dinosaur ~ Was (Not Was)
    12. Sleeping Satellite ~ Tasmin Archer
    13. Cry ~ Godley & Creme
    14. You Get What You Give ~ New Radicals
    15. Unbelievable ~ EMF
    17. To Be With You ~ Mr. Big
    19. Puttin' on the Ritz ~ Taco


    So if you need one of them, let me know.

    By the way most artist from the list are not one hit wonders over here.
    Except Tasmin Archer and Taco.
    Last edited by walvis; 1-27-05 at 08:01 AM.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melb - Aust
    Posts
    3

    Re: 80's One Hit Wonders

    agree there Walvis ( perhaps except for the kim wilde bit )

    probably not hits in every country, and perhaps just made it in Aust - but i like em' .

    1/. Til' Tuesday - voices carry .... was one ( as already mentioned a few post's back ) 85'
    2/. Tim Scott - Swear 83'
    3/. Sandii And The Sunsetz - Sticky Music 84'
    4/. Shona Laing - Glad I'm Not A Kennedy 86'
    5/. Monte Video & The Cassettes - Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop ...... 83'
    6/. Paul Carrack - When You Walk In The Room 87'
    7/. Billy Squier - The Stroke 81'
    8/. Ph.D - I Won't Let You Down

    hi Walvis !
    Last edited by aust rock; 6-23-05 at 09:08 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
[Output: 148.60 Kb. compressed to 120.33 Kb. by saving 28.27 Kb. (19.02%)]