Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
9/11 80's Related Music Events

80s Forum: 9/11 80's Related Music Events

Arrow 9/11 80's Related Music Events

1943 Mickey Hart, drummer for the Grateful Dead, is born today.

1953 Styx guitarist Tommy Shaw is born in Montgomery, Ala.

1957 Culture Club drummer Jon Moss is born in Wandsworth, England.

1958 Mick Talbot, of the group Style Council is born on this date.

1964 The winner of a Mick Jagger impersonation contest held in Greenwich, England, reveals that he's really Chris Jagger, the Rolling Stones frontman's younger brother.

1977 Bernie Taupin makes a guest appearance on TV's The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula. Elton John's lyricist plays the leader of the rock band Circus. In other strange guest-star news, it's announced that David Bowie will duet with Bing Crosby on this year's Christmas special. The two later perform "Little Drummer Boy."

1979 On the first date of his American tour, Tom Petty unveils a banner asking "Why MCA?" Petty was complaining because his label Gone Gator had been sold to the industry giant.

1982 With two songs in the top 10 - "Jack & Diane" and "Hurts So Good" - John Cougar Mellencamp's American Fool album goes to No. 1. Mellencamp becomes the first person to perform the feat since Michael Jackson's Off the Wall went to No. 1 in 1981. The No. 1 single in the U.S. is Chicago's "Hard to Say I'm Sorry."

1984 Some 16,800 Bruce Springsteen fans cram Philadelphia's Spectrum to see the Boss play the first of six nights. The show sets a new attendance record for the venue.

1987 Reggae star and former Wailer Peter Tosh is murdered in Kingston, Jamaica. His home had been invaded by robbers, who shot the "Legalize It" singer. Police apprehended only one of the three culprits. Lorne Green - Ben Cartwright in Bonanza and a singer who scored a No. 1 hit with "Ringo" in 1964 - dies of cardiac arrest. At the MTV Video Music Awards, Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" takes away the award for Best Video, while Paula Abdul wins Best Choreography for her work on Janet Jackson's "Nasty."

1990 George Michael releases Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1.

1996 David Bowie releases his new single "Telling Lies" on the Internet 24 hours before it's due to hit radio - a first. Michael Hutchence of INXS pleads guilty to assaulting a photographer who lay in ambush for him outside a hotel where he was staying with Bob Geldof's ex-wife Paula Yates. Hutchence is fined $600.

Thanks for posting these Stacy, I'm still reading them! I've been meaning to post that for a while but I've been in kind of a hurry on here lately. Tonight I have some time.
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Thanks, Lisa! It's nice to know someone is reading these.

Yes we are all reading this

A very interesting list my friend!

Re: 9/11 80's Related Music Events

I think it's interesting too. Thanks for starting it. It's an awesome thread.
    Another Good Catholic girl
    Secret stalker of Tempest
    Star Trek freak
    Guardian of all things furry

Thread Information