Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Didja Know? - Prince

80s Forum: Didja Know? - Prince

Didja Know? - Prince

Did you know that there is a rumor (unproveable, as it turns out) that Prince made a 2 album, 23 song acetate during the making of Purple Rain?

There is however, a two album set, released in Japan only as a promo set, that had some songs from Purple Rain on it. It was called Strange Tales From The Rain. It's super-rare, according to
    this site.

DJ is a big fan of Prince, whereas I am not.

What do you know about The Artist? Or whatever his name is now....

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?
    I don't know. I lost my psychic abilities when they stole my superhero powers.

Prince supposedly has over 5,000 songs written and recorded in the vaults of his Paisley Park recording studio.

Prince is rumored to have bedded a LOT of famous ladies, including Kim Bassinger, Sheena Easton, Shiela E, Martika and Others.

Prince was on his high school basketball team, despite being under 5 ft 5 inches.

Prince played all the instruments on the Purple Rain soundtrack.

Prince had a child with Ex Wife Mayte who died of a mysterious, rare medical condition.

Prince was offered the role that Wesley Snipes accepted in Michael Jacksons BAD video.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Prince's Wife Died???!!!! That's awful! Poor little kid! I thought they were having another child....must have been another couple.

What was her rare medical condition, does anyone know that?

LMAO @ MYSELF!!!!

I misread your post, Jasper...the child died, not the wife...I get it.

I do wonder why the kid was a month old and still not named.....

Another Edit: The child was shrouded in mystery! I found this:

October 1996, Mayte gave birth to a baby boy, but he died within a month under mysterious circumstances.

The birth and death of their baby have been riddled with mystery and rumors. Reports have said that the baby was born with brain damage and died from complications of Pfeiffer's Syndrome. Adding to the mystery was that Prince and Mayte refused to publicly discuss what was wrong with the child after it was born. The birth certificate for the child did not list a first name and Mayte was the only parent identified on the birth certificate. Two of Prince's former employees later came forward and said that the baby had been kept on life support and Prince had decided he could no longer endure the agony of seeing his child in pain and decided to "pull the plug" on the life support. Reports have surfaced that after the baby died, there was no autopsy and the body was cremated. For the record, on the baby's death certificate (which also didn't list Prince as the father and listed a different last name than the birth certificate), the cause of death is listed as "natural causes."

If you'd like to see the whole thing, it'shere.
    Last edited by ValJ; 10-16-02 at 12:25 AM.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?
    I don't know. I lost my psychic abilities when they stole my superhero powers.

His sister Tyka Nelson became a piece of trivia for these exact occasions, by releasing an album in 1988 that went nowhere, "Royal Blue".
    Last edited by Cartoon_Chris; 10-16-02 at 02:09 AM.

Val, his ex WIfe is now engaged to Tommy Lee of "Pam ANderson's Home Movie" fame! Oh, and he was in some rock band or something.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Prince can play 26 different musical instruments.

Purple Rain sold over ten million copies in the U.S. and spent 24 weeks at number one.

Prince allegedly had a torrid affair with actress Kim Basinger while he was recorded the Batman soundtrack and she was starring as Vicky Vale. Also, allegedly, he had a brief liaison with Madonna soon after she hit it big!!!
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette
    Prince wrote music for other people under the names:
    Prince
    Jamie Starr
    Alexander Nevermind
    Christopher
    Christopher Tracey
    Paisley Park
    and Madhouse among others

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Prince won an Academy Award for the song score to "Purple Rain", beating out the Willie Nelson movie "Songwriter" and "The Muppets Take Manhattan". His award was presented to him by Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas.

He won't allow "Weird" Al Yankovic to parody his songs or use them in his polka medleys.

Sincerely,

John "outofplacechild" Kilduff
    God bless the troops AND America now and forever!

Ted's friend in twisted humor (Come back soon, pal!)---
    TopCat Fan---
    A Pat Benatar admirer, just like Sarg--
    Stalker of the marvelous, fantastic, deliciously pretty abcmcd-Where are you? I miss you!---
    Tinajo rocks---
    Milani rules---
    Gazing dreamily at ImSooSure's picture---
    DD, I still miss you. Come back, please.
    Culture Club Freak's Raving Right-Winger Friend

"There are things about me you wouldn't undestand...Things you couldn't understand...Things you SHOULDN'T understand!"-Pee-Wee Herman

DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY PRESIDENT, GODDAMMIT!

Smile

Originally posted by outofplacechild

He won't allow "Weird" Al Yankovic to parody his songs or use them in his polka medleys.

That's really a shame! Weird Al could really make some hilarious parodies out of several Prince songs, that's for sure!
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

His 3CD Emancipation is among the best selling independent albums ever. Prince himself distributed this album worldwide after breaking up with Warner.

Originally posted by ValJ
    Prince's Wife Died???!!!! That's awful! Poor little kid! I thought they were having another child....must have been another couple.

What was her rare medical condition, does anyone know that?

LMAO @ MYSELF!!!!

I misread your post, Jasper...the child died, not the wife...I get it.

I do wonder why the kid was a month old and still not named.....

Another Edit: The child was shrouded in mystery! I found this:

October 1996, Mayte gave birth to a baby boy, but he died within a month under mysterious circumstances.

The birth and death of their baby have been riddled with mystery and rumors. Reports have said that the baby was born with brain damage and died from complications of Pfeiffer's Syndrome. Adding to the mystery was that Prince and Mayte refused to publicly discuss what was wrong with the child after it was born. The birth certificate for the child did not list a first name and Mayte was the only parent identified on the birth certificate. Two of Prince's former employees later came forward and said that the baby had been kept on life support and Prince had decided he could no longer endure the agony of seeing his child in pain and decided to "pull the plug" on the life support. Reports have surfaced that after the baby died, there was no autopsy and the body was cremated. For the record, on the baby's death certificate (which also didn't list Prince as the father and listed a different last name than the birth certificate), the cause of death is listed as "natural causes."

If you'd like to see the whole thing, it'shere.
    I remember this, I keep quite updated on the "Purple Ones" info, since I am a big fan of his since his first Album. I do remember that it was announced about 7 months into her pregnancy that they were expecting. And the brain damage and the fact the baby might not live was the reason it was not given a name. There was no chance of the baby living without life support.

He played Dublin last week. Awesome gig although a lot of people were annoyed he didnt play more of his hits. The man is a musical God!!!! (And I make no apologies for saying so!!!!)
    http://proudfootband.ie/ - PROUDFOOT Soul and Funk Band!

Yeah I heard a few people on prince.org complain about it.. but for the most part they said the show kicked butt.. I wish I could have seen it..
    But I live in the Midwest and the last time he was to play in Ames Iowa.. I bought tickets.. and then he cancelled and did a European Tour then.. 2 weeks from the concert date.. and the paisley park dudes changed there mind.. So.. someday I might see him.. Love the music.

Re: Didja Know? - Prince

Prince was on Oprah talking about the death of his child.
    He now is getting a divorce from his wife of 5 yrs.
    1st Avenue, the place where Purple Rain was filmed, is where Prince played many a night. He would just show up, unannounced. It's in Mpls, MN - (I've been there)
    He is "suppose" to have a purple house.
    Prince is very shy person, & secretive about his privite life
    He had a big concert on New Yrs. Eve in 1999. He had "The Time" from Purple Rain perform among others
    He does in fact play all instruments on his albums.
    For a few yrs. he wasn't "Prince" in name, but a sign. It was rumored that he did that to get out of his record deal.
    Purple is his favorite color
    He made a 2nd movie after Purple Rain which was a flop.
    Purple Rain had some truth to it in terms of his childhood.

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

Quote Originally Posted by SuezQ6 View Post
    He made a 2nd movie after Purple Rain which was a flop.

He actually made 4 films after "Purple rain" each one of them a flop. I liked the 1986 film "Under the cherry moon" it spawned a great soundtrack called "Parade" which is my favorite all time album by him. It had the #1 single "Kiss" on it and my all time favorite track "Sometimes it snows in April". The next film was "Sign o' the times" in 1987 which is hailed as one of the greatest concert films ever made. The next film was in 1990, it was somewhat of a sequel to "Purple rain" called "Graffiti Bridge". The soundtrack featured the top 10 hit "Thieves in the temple" as well as the Tevin Campbell hit "Round and round". It was terrible! Finally he made the straight to video film "3 chains o' gold". The most interesting part is when we get to see his ex wife Mayte completely nude .

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Wasn't there a movie that was completely in sepia tone???? Great information about Prince.

Thread Information