Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Audi-See cassette tapes

80s Forum: Audi-See cassette tapes

Post Audi-See cassette tapes

They came from the early 80's via Toys-R-Us. There were six total with read along books. Some of the titles were, "The War of the Worlds," "The Time Machine," and the "Star Prince." Good stories. I can't find mine (like that odd sock, you just loose things eventually) and I want them back. Hope you can help locate some good copies. Then they're going onto CD for sure. Thanks.

Hi, SMichael. I'm going to move this into the "80s Selling, Trading and Most Wanted" section. I think it'll get more attention there! I hope you find someone who can steer you right. Just click the RED bar at the topish left of the screen - it'll bring you to where this topic is now located. Or, you can just find the "80s Selling, Trading and Most Wanted" section at the main list of forums. If you need help, just ask...

------------------
    The loneliness just fades away
    thoughts of you just memories
    no cryin now for what we're missin
    time won't forget what you meant to me

Re: Audi-See cassette tapes

Hi SMichael, I have the time machine on cassette but dont really want to part with it as it took me years of searching to get hold of it. Im going to put it on CD myself. Would you be interested in a free copy?

Hi there wakster, I've been trying to get hold of mp3's of all of the audisee cassettes, my brother and I had them all and really loved them. I have managed to get 'the Star Prince' so far - happy to send you that via email or cd if you'd like it - any chance you could send me a copy of 'the time machine' Please? Let me know.
    Cheers
    Scott

Hey Wakster,

I had The Time Machine when I was a kid. I really enjoyed it at the time, but eventually grew up and either threw it out or gave it away, as I did with most of my childhood things. Of course, now I miss those things and regret having parted with them.

Recently, between finally reading H.G. Wells's The Time Machine and seeing reruns of "The Nerdvana Annihilation" episode of The Big Bang Theory, I've been thinking back to that AudiSee recording and picture book, and it's amazing how much of it I can remember. I can still hear certain words and phrases such as, "This visitor is the one who signs your paycheck" and "That thing is your keeper?!?" and "My name is Aliso Nasra." I also remember something about the Morlocks being founded by "Olga Morlock," (which, incidentally, is the name of a real person--more than one, actually, as "Morlock" is a real surname), and something about the Eloi having jump belts (which I think is unique to this version of story, and possibly borrowed from the original Buck Rogers story). I can also see in my mind some of the pictures from the books (Morlocks leading an Eloi into their underground lair, a red light on the time machine and the jump belts and how they really seemed to glow, a holographic image of Aliso Nasra).

Thinking about all these elements of the story, I see how some are connected to H.G. Wells original story, others are connected to movie versions, and others are connected to other works of science fiction. I love making connections like that. I guess it made a bigger impression on me than I previously realized.

Anyway, I'd love to hear the story again, so if you're putting in on CD (or making an MP3), please let me know how to get a copy. Thanks.

Thread Information