Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Attention WHITESNAKE/BLUE MURDER FANS!!!!

80s Forum: Attention WHITESNAKE/BLUE MURDER FANS!!!!

Cool Attention WHITESNAKE/BLUE MURDER FANS!!!!

John Sykes, the man who wrote all the music and songs for the WHITESNAKE cd (Still of the night, Here I go Again, etc) is touring under the name of Thin Lizzy. You may or may not know that he was a guitar player for the band in the late 70s early 80s before he joined Coverdale. Carmine Appice and Tony Franklin are rumored to be the Drummer and Bassist for this tour. If you loved the Whitesnake cd or the Blue Murder Cd, you HAVE to see this show!

Ron

------------------
    My morals are beyond reproach and I will brutally murder anybody who says different.

Thumbs up

In a word, AWESOME!! I didn't know John Sykes played with Thin Lizzy, they were gweat too. Carmine Appice has played with the best of 'em. Anything he does is going to be good. Same with Tony Franklin. I look forward to this one! Thanks for the info.

------------------

This new Thin Lizzy cd is basically a greatest hits collection. Its not really new at all. Its still worth buying simply because I am a fan. But why aren't there more guys who were actually in Thin Lizzy on this one? John Sykes was only in the band for one or two albums, so why is he taking the band's name for himself? I'm just curious about what's happening here, because Thin Lizzy put out some some classic material and I believe their name should be protected, not exploited.

------------------

Cool

Well, I see what you say about the name THIN LIZZY, but to tell you the truth, I am sure they are only going to play a handfull of tunes from the Thin Lizzy Catalog. That being said, I am not really that upset baout it, because if it was with Phil Lynott, I would probably not go. But with the 3 that are going to be there, the possibilty for a great nite of music will probably make up for it.

Sept 16th they will be here in St Louis. Can not wait!

Ron

------------------
    My morals are beyond reproach and I will brutally murder anybody who says different.

Thread Information