Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

A-ha - How Can I Sleep With Your Voice In My Head (Live)

80s Forum: A-ha - How Can I Sleep With Your Voice In My Head (Live)
    wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89

Since I don't know where to post it, I choose this place...if it's not the appropriate place, you might want to move it.
    (Hint: we could need a separate forum of todays releases from artists of the 80s... )

Tracklist:

CD1 (also Cleartray edition):

1. Forever Not Yours
    2. Minor Earth Major Sky
    3. Manhattan Skyline
    4. I've Been Losing You
    5. Crying In The Rain
    6. The Sun Always Shines On TV
    7. Did Anyone Approach You
    8. The Swing Of Things
    9. Lifelines
    10. Stay On These Roads
    11. Hunting High And Low
    12. Take On Me
    13. The Living Daylights
    14. Summer Moved On

CD2 (only available on the limited Digipak-edition):

1. Scoundrel Days
    2. Oranges On Appletrees
    3. Cry Wolf
    4. Dragonfly
    5. Time And Again
    6. Sycamore Leaves

7. Enhanced Video Track: a-ha Tourbook

I could make this short by saying "this (D)CD is really great, so go out and buy it now", but the one or another might want to know a little bit more before spending a few bucks on this product. Okay.

If you had missed the chance to see a-ha live, "How Can I Sleep With Your Voice In My Head" is a very good substitute for all fans of this Norwegian band (even if they had seen them live) and for connaisseurs of well-played pop/rock-music.
    Rock music? Rock music played by a-ha, one of the prototypes of 80s teenie pop-bands? Indeed, as they had already intertwined some rockier notes on their second album "Scoundrel Days", the sound of today's a-ha has become even more edgier without neglecting their trademarks of bittersweet pop tunes with irresistible and catchy hooklines.

"How Can I Sleep With Your Voice In My Head " is representing the 2002 tour of a-ha, featuring their greatest hits as well as the songs from their "hidden" and comeback phase. And, the "rockier" approach is injecting new life into the older songs, working very well - with the exception of "Take On Me" which somehow sounds a bit forced (sorry, but I simply can't get warm with alterations to that classic ). Once again, the voice of Morten Harket is still making you wonder whether he had actually aged since "Take On Me", since he is still able to hit the higher octaves (you have to admit that it's a tad more harder under live conditions). Even the ballads are coming over with a certain impact, far away from the "oh, it's time to fire the lighters"-routine, and the play between a-ha and the audience in "The Living Daylights" is just great.

All in all, the best is to listen to this album at home, with time to listen to it (and preferably a surround system to catch a glimpse of that live feeling). I do hope that this album will also find it's way to America since the fans there had to miss "Minor Earth Major Sky" and "Lifelines" as regular imports...which is a major mistake of the record company in my eyes.

On a scale of ten, I would rate this album a full eleven...nuff said.

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

Thanks for the info on a-ha's new live album, wavey! It's great to know that the guys are still going strong after all these years!
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Thanks very much for this posting Wave, this sort of information is always valuable.

I love Aha, and I might just get this thanks to reading your review.
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Milani's partner in Crime
    Official supplier of Officially Crap UK music to DJDaffy
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

Sounds like a great album. Thanks for posting your review, Wavemaster.
    STEVE Hangin' with my favorite DJs: DJDaffy & Prefab Sprouter!! Surfer Swooshing buddy to ImSoooSure, the penguin protector I found Harket! He's moved and looking for a new job. He may come back. I hope it's soon! Now listening to DJ LEX

Wanna have!! The memory of the 2 a-ha concerts last year is just not enough!
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

Thumbs up

Bought the album last week. And YES!!!... it is worth it. I like it more than the DVD "Homecoming".
    Wish, there would be a DVD of this as well.
    Hello, this is me to you
    Gary Kemp

the new live album ROCKS!! If you're in the Los Angeles area, join us for our little a-ha party!!....

July 5, 2003 - Hollywood, CA.

A fun-filled evening including buffet dinner, DJ/music
    with dance floor, exhibits, vendors, video presentations, giveaways, and other special surprises... whew!

http://www.fanparty.ontheweb.com

If you're an a-ha fan, you don't want to miss this party!

home of the a-ha US street team: http://www.a-ha.us

Date change... :-)

NEW DATE! July 12, 2003 - Hollywood, CA.

A fun-filled evening including buffet dinner, DJ/music
    with dance floor, exhibits, vendors, video presentations, giveaways, and other special surprises... whew!

a-ha U.S. Fan Convention Website

If you're an a-ha fan, you don't want to miss this party!

Thread Information