Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Campfire Gospels

80s Forum: Campfire Gospels

Smile Campfire Gospels

Did any of you go to camp as a kid? I had a blast at these. I went to camp every summer for a week from the age of 5. I also got to go to a couple of winter camps where we'd go skiing and sledding. In the summer though we'd sit around the camp fire, make smores and sing gospel songs. I remember Koombyah, of course, and This Little Light Of Mine the most. Do any of you remember campfire songs you'd sing? I wonder if kids today still do this. Those were such fun times!
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

I went to a great camp during the summers of my junior high and high school years. There were so many fun activities, like waterskiing, canoeing, rappelling. Oh yeah, and lots of cute boys! One campfire song that I particularly remember was called 'Shine'. Good camp memories. I still keep in touch with one of my cabin mates that I met in camp.

Oh, yeah... I went to Girl Scout camp from about 1984-87, and sang all sorts of great songs. I can't remember too many of the names, other than Alice the Camel. *g*

There was one Girl Scout-specific, religious song that we sang in a round at the campfiire at night, and it was so beautiful it gave me chills. Wish I could remember the name.

...(edit) Still can't find the name of the song, but here is a great web site listing lots of scouting and camp songs. Have fun!

ScoutSongs.com

...Seems like lots of our songs were grosser than these... maybe they were toned down for publication
    Last edited by Mary; 4-14-03 at 03:39 PM.
    Mary
    Jelly shoe-wearin', Jolt-drinking, cartoon mama

used to go to winter and summer camp with the scouts. never went to church camp but alot of activites though. went skating with the church youth group and it was no fun. they unplugged the pac-man machine(it was evil) and let me ask you have you ever tried to space skate to "the old rugged cross" i think not
    Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. Ferris Bueller

Throw me a fricken bone here! I'm the boss! Need the info: Dr. Evil

My family actually owned a camp so we got to see the families enjoy themselves.

I really enjoyed it.

I used to go to 4-H camp all the time from age 10 to about 15. THe song I rember most was the "Johnny Appleseed Prayer" we sung before meals..lol..have so many fun memories of camp..especially all the time I spent at the barn riding thier horses. I love horses and that was my favorite thing to do there.
    I'm a soldier in the KISS Army!

Stalking and currently being stalked by ALFtheChiqHunter(love u, baby..)

"Don't hunt what you can't kill" - Shawn Michaels

Starchild's Paradise

LadyM's PSP Tutorials

I went to Girl Scout Camp when I was a kid, too. That would be in the mid to late 70s though. The thing I remember most was sitting around the campfire singing "Kumbaya" and "Dust in the Wind".
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Camp!

I went to Girl Scout Camp, Church Camp, Nature Camp, French Camp, the list goes on and on...for the most part I liked most of the places I went, but French Camp definitely rated on top. There were lots of cool boys from all over the U.S. and the people were WILD! Woot! Woot!

I remember going camping and sitting round a campfire,eating marshmellows and just enjoying nature

So sad remembering all the good stuff of yesteryear

Thread Information