Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"Verschwende Deine Jugend" not longer anymore...

80s Forum: "Verschwende Deine Jugend" not longer anymore...
    wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89

"Verschwende Deine Jugend" not longer anymore...

...because the Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft (abbreviated as DAF or D.A.F.) is back on the scene...

DAF (Robert Görl and Gabi Delgado) were pioneers in many ways from their first record "Ein Produkt der DAF" in 1979, be it for their music which took EBM and Industrial beforehand or the sometimes extremely controversial lyrics like in "Der Mussolini" or "Der Räuber und der Prinz".

DAF's commercial breakthrough was the 1981 release "Alles wird gut", and they were dealt as "the hottest new product from Germany since Kraftwerk", but Görl and Delgado decided to disband DAF on the top of popularity in 1983 to pursue solo projects. Before, the duo appeared on the debut of Eurythmics "In The Garden", and in 1985, they teamed up again for "1st Step To Heaven" which failed the success of the predecessors and was - with the exception of the single "Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi C'Est Soir" - not very stringent.

In 1995, Delgado founded DAF/DOS with his partner Wotan Wilke, recording two albums which were rather Techno than anything else and basing the success in the independent clubs mainly on the presence of Gabi Delgado - commercially, DAF/DOS failed as well as the solo projects of Görl and Delgado (while Görls recordings earned at least more positive reactions).

Now, the "original" DAF are back, with the single "Der Sherriff" and the longplayer "Fünfzehn neue DAF Lieder" ("Fifteen new DAF songs"), continuing the path of their earlier recordings.

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

Hmmm. lots of information I didn't know about DAF. Thanks for the update Wavemaster! I will see if i can find the CD at a store and listen into it.
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

Thread Information