Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hair Metal making a comeback?

80s Forum: Hair Metal making a comeback?

Hair Metal making a comeback?

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette
    Mark Slaughter a chart-topper??? What charts are they talking about??? Anyway, Hair metal will NOT make a mainstream comeback. These are nothing but nostalga tours. There is nothing wrong with that either, but to say it's making a comeback is rediculous. It's not just hair metal either. There are nostalga concerts going on in every style of music. From 60's acts to old school rappers, from arena rockers to soft rockers etc. etc.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Interesting article, Pagan. Thanks for posting that link.

Well, that is nice to know. But here are a few questions as to why they are making a sudden comeback. Is it because of nostalgia? Is it because of the current degradation of today's music that they are looking to eighties bands as refuge for good music? Or is it a matter of today's youngsters, who are the children of eighties teenagers, experimenting with the things their parents grew up with?

Though one thing troubles me. As bad as it was for grunge to mock eighties hair metal I really don't want to see some hair metal bands mocking the grunge bands. It really doesn't seem professional. The members of Tuff seemed pretty fair in their criticisms of Kurt Cobain. They said they liked his music but not what he stood for against the eighties.

I like to think that dressing up and performing great songs at the same time is a challenge and not a cheap way for fame and fortune. I don't think the term Hair Metal should be something to be ashamed of. It was actually something very exciting and thoroughly entertaining.
    Last edited by BishounenRocker; 7-10-03 at 10:11 AM.

I would like to think they are coming back, with a vengeance! Not just for nostalgia sake. Da Leps put out a really good album with X and I would love to see more.

That was a pretty good article. Thanks for posting it.
    Sneaking a peek at Princess P
    Waiting for BrownEyedGirl to come my way, again and again.

Richard's Dazed and Confused Website

Originally posted by andiegirl
    I would like to think they are coming back, with a vengeance! Not just for nostalgia sake. Da Leps put out a really good album with X and I would love to see more.
    The only problem is that Def Leppard's new CD is not even the same type of music they did during their "hair metal" days. I can't even consider it hair metal. It's a pop album, start to finish. That's the direction they want to turn to I guess.

Either way, I love a good CD with guitars and songs you can sing along to. I dont really care who is making them, or what label you put on it, as long as it is just rocking I am happy.

I was impressed with the author of the article actually knew a lot about each band. That was cool. Not often you get the Vinnie Vincent mention when talking about slaughter.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

It's about time....maybe music will be fun again. Even the worst hair metal band is better than the garbage that's out there today....and I HATED hair bands!
    I would have to agree with your comment, Alan!

Nostlagia tours or no..that was the music I grew up with and still listen to this day...to be honest most nu metal makes me ill and I dont listen to it at all..lol... If I had the $$ I'd go see any and every hair metal or 80s metal band that is on tour..period! I was watchign the "love Kills" video by the Vinny Vincent Invasion the other day(i have it on videotape..lol..) ooooh whatta voice that Mark SLaughter has.. By the way.that article is a tad bit wrong on its info about the Vinny Vincent Invasion it was Vinny who was booted..and the band renamed Slaughter.. mmm..loved Slaughter then and love em now!
    Last edited by Starchildschiq; 7-11-03 at 01:38 AM.
    I'm a soldier in the KISS Army!

Stalking and currently being stalked by ALFtheChiqHunter(love u, baby..)

"Don't hunt what you can't kill" - Shawn Michaels

Starchild's Paradise

LadyM's PSP Tutorials

I hope they are making a come back. I've had about all the accoustic rock I can stomach.
    I'm 40 now....is my life over???

I saw the show the other night and it was really "tight".
    Kip winger wan't with his band,....just him, and his acoustic out there on stage.
    Kip's voice caught me by surpise a bit,...........he exhibited "excellent" vocals.
    Warrant was pretty good (Jani looked semi normal again)
    Mark Slaughter's voice has "always" amazed me
    And this was the second time I've seem Whitesnake this year,.....and Coverdale's voice is amazing also.
    I would have to say that that was usually a "staple" with Hair Metal - most of these bands had amazing lead vocals.

Great Article Pagan
    Please Visit My Homepage Below - It's dedicated to individuals like yourself......
    http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/hairmetalfantasy

Coverdale will always have an amazing voice. You don't get to be the lead singer for Deep Purple in their heyday for nothing!

I'd have to agree with your vocal comment HMF....with the exception of Vince Neil and Stephen Pearcy (who were too whiny and nasally for my taste) most hair bands did have excellent vocals. Sebastian Bach and Jani in his prime for example, were two polished vocalists.

Originally posted by Pagan
    Coverdale will always have an amazing voice. You don't get to be the lead singer for Deep Purple in their heyday for nothing!

I'd have to agree with your vocal comment HMF....with the exception of Vince Neil and Stephen Pearcy (who were too whiny and nasally for my taste) most hair bands did have excellent vocals. Sebastian Bach and Jani in his prime for example, were two polished vocalists.

Jani a good voice,now thats a good one,try Dee Snider kicks Jani ass on vocals!!One must wonder about aguy who likes warant,a bunch of wimpes!!

Originally posted by StarChild76

Jani a good voice,now thats a good one,try Dee Snider kicks Jani ass on vocals!!One must wonder about aguy who likes warant,a bunch of wimpes!!
    And one must wonder about someone who tries to insult a moderator and cannot even spell or use syntax correctly! Let's put school in session now.....

"thats" is spelled "that's", "warant" is "warrant", "wimpes" is "wimps"

Also, you would say "Dee Snider kicks Jani's ass", not "Dee Snider kicks Jani ass" And it's "Jani has a good voice",. not "Jani a good voice". Damn bro....Neanderthal or Cro-Magnon?

Dee Snider, for your information my West Coast friend, will be the first to tell you he's not a great singer. In fact, when he first started as Twisted's singer here in the local clubs, he was so bad that he was kept very low in the live mix. He got better as time went along.

And as anyone with even a snail's knowledge of music can tell you, Jani does have an accomplished voice. He's capable of hitting notes that Dee can only dream about.

Much as I'd love to continue this battle of wits with you, it's in poor taste to duel with an unarmed opponant. So do yourself a favor...before you come into a thread with both guns blazing, have some knowledge as ammunition...capesce?
    Last edited by Pagan; 7-21-03 at 05:53 PM.

Uh oh........now you have done it! Someone better call 911

Miss you Grandma Ruth
    R.I.P. Scott a.k.a. "Bear" ~ 1962-2006 Miss ya buddy
    Please don't drive drunk.... The life you lose may not be yours!
    One Nation Under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all
    ".....Solitaire, Alone I stand, It's all so clear, impressions you falsely take command.
    I'm not like you, there's more than meets the eye in me.......I'm an outcast....." Lizzy Borden - Outcast
    "Now you might take offense to the words like f.uck or shit, but you f.uckin' don't have the right to discriminate me for saying it'' - Anthrax - Starting up a posse
    Official stalker of Jazzmyn ......Come and get some Not Man Lovin'

Re: Hair Metal making a comeback?

Please say it is so...Please.
    Andrés Segovia (1893-1987)

Cyber Brother of SouthernImage Sicilian Cyber Brother of Annette
    "Smelly Sticker" Cyber Brother of Punky Power

Cyber Brother of BlackOyster
    jen*'s "King Of The Shovel" Brother
    Completely awestruck by my incredible keriberri!!!

Thread Information