Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Tim Gaines speaks about Stryper

80s Forum: Tim Gaines speaks about Stryper

Tim Gaines speaks about Stryper

from hardradio.com

Former STRYPER bassist Tim Gaines has posted the following update: "So you wonder about Stryper. Will they ever get back together? I say Stryper served its purpose in the time that God wanted to use it. Stryper today could be a great tool used by God if all of the members had the same vision. If all of the members had the same heart for ministry, to see lives saved, changed, or encouraged in the faith of Jesus Christ. Will it happen? I do not know. It would seem like the most logical thing for the former members to do to be the most effective for the sake of the Gospel. But my prayer is for God's will to be done with my life and not my own will. If God wants to raise up Stryper again then that is where I want to be. If he doesn't, then I don't want any part of it. Thanks for letting me into your day to ramble a bit. I hope a seed is planted and that things said are taken to heart. God Bless, Timothy Gaines."

*AUTHOR'S NOTE* Um.....Tim? How about just to make some great music again?

Scott Stapple and Creed, take note. God giveth and he taketh away and I would be so happy when Creed is no more.

And Scott is going to hell, isn't he? Cause last time I checked, stealing was a major no-no and he's stole Eddie Veder's and Tom Waits gravel-like voice and uses it badly

Earth Elemental of the 80sxchange Coven
    Sister to Jazzy and Therrall in the Sisterhood

Evil Cosmic Twin of Pagan & Taz's supplier of "Weeeeee"

Jean's mauvaise Espagnole princesse et ami dans des choses étranges
    Let's go DEVILS

"Loyalty to the country always.
    Loyalty to the Government only when they deserve it. - Mark Twain

To each his or her own I suppose..I like Creed
    *Jana*
    Carrie Lynn
    March 20, 1990-Sept. 12, 1992
    NIGHT RANGER'S #1 GROUPIE !!
    "YOU CAN STILL ROCK IN AMERICA!!!"
    THE 80SXCHANGE OFFICIAL BARGAIN HUNTRESS! (Thanks Sarg! )

I agree, Ty! I can't wait for Creed to be no more either....and all of the other bands that sound exactly like them!

To stick to the topic, it would be nice to hear from Stryper again.

Stryper was pretty good and yes I do have most of their cd's. As for Creed their first cd was ok after that they went downhill REAL fast.

@ Ty comments

Miss you Grandma Ruth
    R.I.P. Scott a.k.a. "Bear" ~ 1962-2006 Miss ya buddy
    Please don't drive drunk.... The life you lose may not be yours!
    One Nation Under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all
    ".....Solitaire, Alone I stand, It's all so clear, impressions you falsely take command.
    I'm not like you, there's more than meets the eye in me.......I'm an outcast....." Lizzy Borden - Outcast
    "Now you might take offense to the words like f.uck or shit, but you f.uckin' don't have the right to discriminate me for saying it'' - Anthrax - Starting up a posse
    Official stalker of Jazzmyn ......Come and get some Not Man Lovin'

Originally posted by Tydestra
    And Scott is going to hell, isn't he? Cause last time I checked, stealing was a major no-no and he's stole Eddie Veder's and Tom Waits gravel-like voice and uses it badly
    Ty, get it right........ Jim Morrison Begat Eddie Veddar, Eddie Vedder begat Scott Wiedland, and Scott Wiedland begat Scott Stapp.

So, he is basically ripping off Morrison, who is WAY OVERRATED to begin with!
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Nah, Morrison voice wasn't gravely as Eddie, it was low, but it was kinda Barry White like. And Morrison over rated?!?!? Why you

So to me, the line should look like this:
    "While goofing around, God got bored and wanted some tunes, so He begat Dylan, who begat Morrison, who begat Waits, who begat Eddie who begat Scott

Weidland's voice isn't gravely at all... I love the man, but he sound's like he's singing while gargling.

Let's go DEVILS

Ty.. you crack me up! !!!

I could never get into Stryper AT ALL! I couldn't get past the lyrics.. if the would have ditched those.. I could have maybe listened to the music a little bit more...

And Creed! Those guys have outstayed their welcome! Geez! I wish they would go away and fast! Once again.. I can't get past the lyrics... I don't like to be preached to while I'm listening to music.. just wanna have fun!
    A Veteran Xchanger

Thanks Tina

Actually their sales have been going down the drain... someone must have been caught sinning, cause their last album sold only half of what their 2 album did before.

This totally has nothing to do with any of this... but a little story on the guy:
    He got busted lying.. a while back, the editor of Metal Edge Paul G... (cant remember the spelling to his last name) did an interview with him and Scott was cursing like a sailor... Paul put it up on the mag's web site and the current isse and Scott got on the band's web site to get fans to boycott and write angry letters to Metal Edge. The editor, who did the interview on tape... just put up a file of the interview on the Metal Edge web site.

I'm wary of people who seem too high and mighty with a liking of preaching to the masses... they are usually more twisted than the common folk

Let's go DEVILS

Now now Tina.. I recall many a Stryper tape in your collection

muahhahaa
    http://www.ttops.net
    1st ever Fiona web site!
    http://www.ttops.net/fiona
    ------

LOL Nice to have someone that can tell us stories of Tina.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

I like Creed.
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

THANK YOU JEN.. (I think we're the only ones on here who do) Glad that I wasn' the "oddball" in this thread.
    *Jana*
    Carrie Lynn
    March 20, 1990-Sept. 12, 1992
    NIGHT RANGER'S #1 GROUPIE !!
    "YOU CAN STILL ROCK IN AMERICA!!!"
    THE 80SXCHANGE OFFICIAL BARGAIN HUNTRESS! (Thanks Sarg! )

Originally posted by jen*
    I like Creed.
    That's what makes the world go round. Nothing wrong with liking them. They aren't my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean my opinion is right or yours is wrong.

Miss you Grandma Ruth
    R.I.P. Scott a.k.a. "Bear" ~ 1962-2006 Miss ya buddy
    Please don't drive drunk.... The life you lose may not be yours!
    One Nation Under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all
    ".....Solitaire, Alone I stand, It's all so clear, impressions you falsely take command.
    I'm not like you, there's more than meets the eye in me.......I'm an outcast....." Lizzy Borden - Outcast
    "Now you might take offense to the words like f.uck or shit, but you f.uckin' don't have the right to discriminate me for saying it'' - Anthrax - Starting up a posse
    Official stalker of Jazzmyn ......Come and get some Not Man Lovin'

Originally posted by Creeps
    Now now Tina.. I recall many a Stryper tape in your collection

muahhahaa
    Ha ha ha! That's a good one! I honestly can't remember ever owning a Stryper tape... My buddy Coleen had a couple.. and I made fun of her plenty until she ditched them.

Nice try, babe
    A Veteran Xchanger

I liked Stryper, their music was fun. They played here on 2 of their tours in the 80s, saw em both times.

Don't really have an opinion on Creed. Can take em or leave em. I prefer secular to "Christian" rock though...
    ***Be Kind To Animals***

**Loving Animals Is A Sign of Intelligence**

**Rock On Gold Dust Woman**

~~~And he says 'Rhiannon-don't go', 'Rhiannon, stay'.... And he says 'I still cry out for you, don't leave me, don't leave me....'~~~

Re: Tim Gaines speaks about Stryper

To quote the old saying "To each his own". Personally I can't get into the lyrics of Venom but am not going post threads ripping on them. I just won't listen to them (was a fan about 20 years ago). But if you want to, so be it. The same with Stryper. Both deserve at least that respect.
    Andrés Segovia (1893-1987)

Cyber Brother of SouthernImage Sicilian Cyber Brother of Annette
    "Smelly Sticker" Cyber Brother of Punky Power

Cyber Brother of BlackOyster
    jen*'s "King Of The Shovel" Brother
    Completely awestruck by my incredible keriberri!!!

Thread Information