Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Smokey Robinson

80s Forum: Smokey Robinson

Thread: Smokey Robinson

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

Smokey Robinson

Formed the Miracles in 1955 as the Matadors. They became the first group signed by Motown records. Smokey left the Miracles in 1972 for a solo career. What does he have to do with the 80's? Well besides having 21 singles on the R&B charts of the 80's, he also was vice president of Motown from 1985-1988. He was inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 (the second year of inductions). He also won Grammy's living legends award in 1989. Not a bad record for the 80's. Personally he is one of my favorite singers of all time. Some of my favorite 80's songs by him are the biggies, "Being with you", "Cruisin'", "Just to see her", "One heartbeat" and "Ebony eyes" (with Rick James). He even made Kenny G sound good (I'm not much of a Kenny G fan) by singing vocals on the 1989 Kenny G hit "We've saved the best for last". He is awesome to say the least!

Your thoughts now

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

"One Heartbeat" is one of my favorite 80s songs. I have loved Smokey Robinson since I heard "Tracks Of My Tears". The first time I heard it was in the movie Good Morning Vietnam in the late 80s. A little late but it made me a huge Smokey fan. Thanks for posting this DJ!
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Good post DJ! Smokey Robinson is a true legend in every sense of the word, a gentleman outside the limelight as well as in it. I believe he was instrumental in the setting up of Motown records with Berry Gordy. My favourite 80's song would be "just to see her".

I have to confess that I sometimes found Motown artists a little too "polished", if you know what I mean. For me, the Soul Sound would be that of Stax/Volt, with the god Otis leading the charge.

However Marvin Gaye's "Whats Going On" is for me the best soul album EVER. Period!
    http://proudfootband.ie/ - PROUDFOOT Soul and Funk Band!

Smokey was great in the 80's and his previous work is wonderful, too. I think my favorite is Crusin'.

DJ, I didn't realize that Kenny G got the credit for We've saved the best for last.
    STEVE Hangin' with my favorite DJs: DJDaffy & Prefab Sprouter!! Surfer Swooshing buddy to ImSoooSure, the penguin protector I found Harket! He's moved and looking for a new job. He may come back. I hope it's soon! Now listening to DJ LEX

I can't think of anything Smokey has done that I haven't just loved. He is great. We need more Smokey and less of almost all of today's music.

And before ya'll get mad at me, I said MOST of today's music LOL
    ~~X~~~~X~~
    Nunc scio quid sit amor

~~Resident Urban Cougar-Boo~~
    Joe Elliot, Charlie Hunnam, Wentworth Miller, Kip Winger,Travis Fimmel, Tim McGraw Jon Bon Jovi and Billy Wirth walk into a bar...
    did I forget anyone, girls?

SIT DOWN, BUCKLE IN, HANG ON, SHUT UP
    I will find my inner child and kick his little ass
    Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    |PLAY >|STOP| <<RWD|FFWD>>|RCD|II|STFU!!!|
    You are starting to make sense. Time to up my medications!
    Spay or neuter your animals if you truly love them

We have enough youth--what we need is a fountain of SMART!
    AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE RESOURCE OF UNTAPPED ANGER, now in fashionable PINK
    DO NOT LEAVE ME UNSUPERVISED. If you do, DO NOT LEAVE WITNESSES
    Even BAD kitties get NINE LIVES
    MOMMMMMM...Retro's throwing wombats at me again...
    It's okay dear, they're COMBAT wombats!
    stand there, say nothing...thaaaatttt'ssss better
    80sxchange bad girls club
    trying to catch the deluge in a paper cup
    I can count to potato! I has a SNEAKY...
    Raging bitchkitty
    scared of my own shadow but not afraid of you
    ab astra

tracks of my tears

oohhh baby baby
    BIG FAN OF 80S MUSIC

FOREIGNER ROCKS!!

[big big fan of Horror] = long live Freddy Krueger

::::MARGARET:::

Thread Information