Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Do you think your opinion of the '90s will change as the years pass?

80s Forum: Do you think your opinion of the '90s will change as the years pass?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vincent is offline Ba Weep Grana Weep Niny Bong

Do you think your opinion of the '90s will change as the years pass?

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum, but often I see '80s vs. '90s discussions going on.

I'm not a big fan of the '90s. But I often wonder if my opinion of the decade will change as the years pass. Do you think yours will? I mean, that is usually what happens.

Good question.

Well it's inevitable that were gonna look back in our lives and reminisce about the good and bad times we've had, from any decade.
    I would assume that I would have some fond experiences to look back upon from the 90's. However, I don't think i'll ever view the 90's as being as enjoyable as the 80's, ever! This was the decade of discovery, transition and wonderment for me. Then again, every decade holds it's own special rememberances. Change comes with time.
    Trixter

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange
    I dare say that in the next decade or so, the 90s will be looked back at fondly by many people. There will be nostalgia, just like with all the other decades before. (After all, the 70s was a hated decade in the 80s wasn't it?)

The 90s was actually a great decade for me. But as far as TV, and music are concerned, I'm going to struggle to look back on it with fond memories.

The 90's were a peticularly bad decade for me(at least after 92)so I don't think my oppinion will change much,but there will always be the memories of being in my first 3 bands and that will always be a high point to look back on.
    Joey,Dee Dee,Johnny,Tommy,Peter Steel,Joe Strummer-R.I.P

PUNKS NOT DEAD
    -it just smells a little funny
    proud member of the BARMY ARMY

I AM the Big Daddy of Punk

"I'd like to live forever,but only for a little while."

I think it will. I didn't think the 90's were that awful. I only lived through 4 years of the 80's, so at least I can say I *remember* the 90's. However, there was a 70's nostalgia and I think every decade hits a nostaliga period at some point. Can't say I'll ever like the 90's as much as I LOVE the 80's though.
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

Personally, no. I don't think my bad memories on that level will get any better, maybe outside of life being simpler. My opinion of '90s music has already changed somewhat for the better, as only last year I found out about all the exciting power metal that started coming out of Europe in 1997-98. That doesn't stop the mainstream '90s music from still sucking, though.

Talking 80-90

Hey me to. I was born in 1984. in the month of November. 90's had some good quality stuff like the early 90's of nickelodean, such as Saulte your shots, and Family Double Dare, and myfave Nick Arcade.
    Now that this message is posted Mr.Fibble is very cross.

He just got the high score on Double Dragon-Corey Woods
    (Fred Savage,1989,The Wizard)

Originally posted by Christine
    I think it will. I didn't think the 90's were that awful. I only lived through 4 years of the 80's, so at least I can say I *remember* the 90's. However, there was a 70's nostalgia and I think every decade hits a nostaliga period at some point. Can't say I'll ever like the 90's as much as I LOVE the 80's though.
    Every decade had some degree of retro in it. But the '90s retro '70s fad was way over the top. No decade was as retro to the degree as the '90s were with the '70s. The '90s had zero originality to it.

The '80s are most likely going to be the last original decade. Everything from 1990 and onward has just been repeating everything else over and over and over again. Makes you wonder how teens can think they are so cool and original when all they do is repeat stuff from 20 years ago.

Smile

I don't particularly think badly about the 90s, but I will never feel the same affinity for that time as I feel for the 80s. Perhaps with the passage of time I will develop a greater fondness for the culture of the 90s, but that remains to be seen...

Who's That Girl? The Ultimate Madonna Trivia Book
    Last edited by 80sTrivia; 2-12-02 at 06:04 PM.
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Talking 80-90

Man dosen't that make you a little bit depressed. That the 80's was the last decade that was any good. I thought I had a different meaning to this I will post it.

As far as the music, the television and the whole "in-your-face" behavior that kids displayed in the 90s....I will not miss that. I didn't have the best decade in the 90s. At all. I think one good thing happened during the entire decade, and to be honest, I really don't recall it.

The 80s had

1. My first kiss
    2. My first boyfriend
    3. My fist crush
    4. My first rebellion
    5. My first drink
    6. My first "time"

And so it goes on and on. However, whatever we are calling this decade that we are in now, this one does seem to be better. I've found the man that I will be spending the rest of my life with, I've seen my friends's kids growing up, I've seen a resurgance in values/morals, (in kids....that, to me, is important in this day and age.), and I see myself in a new light. I'm a pretty strong woman, and it took the "Awful 90s" to get me here. Hmmm, maybe that is the one good thing. I don't know!

Sorry for the ramble!

Re: 80-90

Originally posted by DanAria
    Man dosen't that make you a little bit depressed. That the 80's was the last decade that was any good. I thought I had a different meaning to this I will post it.
    Well I didn't mean it that way. The '90s weren't that bad, and I am actually liking it a bit more as time passes. That's why I was wondering if others who hated the decade are too. But I do feel that the '80s are going to be the last original decade. Not the last good decade, but the last original one.

Talking 80-90

Well I think it was the last original to.I am just saying that I wish the 80's were here again, or I had a time macheine.

To me, the 90's were much like any other decade before it. There are both good and bad things from each.
    My favorite times happened in the 70's and 80's. I loved the music from both, the 80's a little more. The 90's did have some good music too, but that was very minimal, and the fashions sucked. Even the hippies of the 60's when I was growing up had more style than the kids of the 90's. That's MHO of course.
    Wally

http://BenatarFanClub.com The Official Fanclub

Talking

MHO what is that?

Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!
    "MHO" = My Humble Opinion.

The 90's look good? NEVER! What a bad decade that was for me. Nope. Just as soon leave it behind.
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

The 90's was a difficult, but rewarding time for me personally. I will have many milestones to look back upon & smile (graduating college, my marriage, my kids being small, building our own house, my first real job). It wasn't always easy, but I am glad for the experinces I had. It was totally different from my experiences (also happy, also trying) in the 80's as a kid/teenager.

From a pop-culture stand point, the 90's did not have much to offer me. IMHO, it all went downhill after about 1992. As I have stated before, I think most generations resent the one right after them for changing what is cool from the fads & style that marked our "time in the sun", if you will. Soon the 90's kids will be the old codgers complaining about how "different" & "weird" everything is in the 00's.
    nolanbuc - the Commish
    "Hijacking threads and beating dead horses since 2001"

World Fantasy Sports - Official Home of the World Fantasy Football League.

I doubt it.I'm sure 20 years from now I'll still hate the 90's.There's nothing that really stood out in the 90's for me like the 80's that I liked.I didn't like the clothes of the 90's.The movies were better in the 80's so were the toys.The music of the 90's was o.k. but I prefer the music of the 80's.I really didn't care for thing's in the 90's that much at all.
    Take me back to the 80's!

80'saholic!

fan of all thing's horror
    especially vampires

Originally posted by nolanbuc
    From a pop-culture stand point, the 90's did not have much to offer me. IMHO, it all went downhill after about 1992. As I have stated before, I think most generations resent the one right after them for changing what is cool from the fads & style that marked our "time in the sun", if you will. Soon the 90's kids will be the old codgers complaining about how "different" & "weird" everything is in the 00's.
    Actually I've met several of us former '90s high school kids that never really liked the decade. Especially those of us that were born in the '70s and really experienced the '80s. Like someone else said, the '90s were an OK time. I graduated high school in '95, but I always liked the '80s. Comparing the music of both decades, it's just no contest, the '80s are the run away winner.

I think one reason I've never been fond of the '90s is because I was getting into '80s metal when I was in 6th and 7th grade in the late '80s, but then that was phased out by the early '90s!!

So I was a 17 year old codger back in '94/'95 bashing the '90s.

I was a teenager in the nineties, so it will always be a special decade to me. My older brother made me listen to eighties music most of the time, so my best music memories from the nineties will always be about the eighties. The same thing with movies.
    ((-Sara-))

((-Stalked By The Sweet And Charming Roemello-))
    ((-Stalking The French Cutie Boy TGND-))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information