Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
boxing?

80s Forum: boxing?

Thread: boxing?

boxing?

I'm in desperate need of losing fat and getting leaner to find myself a wife-- I mean to complement my weightlifting in the gym and improve my cardiovascular health overall. I'm thinking of taking up a boxing routine. Not the sport of boxing, but the same workouts boxers do to get in shape (cardiovascular, losing fat, shadow boxing, etc).

I'd love to hear from anyone on this forum who boxes or does a boxing workout. I tried tae bo and beleive it or not, I didn't break a sweat! I'm referring to the tapes

Loves watching records spin
    Dance banana dance!

www.superspud.com <== do not look at this website!

Man had always thought he was much more intelligent than dolphins because he had built so many things and accomplished so much while dolphins just spent all of their time playing and mucking about in the water. Ironically, dolphins thought they were more intelligent for exactly the same reasons.
    -Douglas Adams, The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Re: boxing?

My Dad was a boxer & was always in EXCELLENT shape!!
    Leilani

Yeah, boxing will whip you into shape, but it's still a training regimen. I mean, with road work, you're talking 5 hours a day. If you just mean in the gym, sparring, heavy/speed bag, jump rope, etc... it will still take the weight right off, trust me.
    THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET

Good. That's exactly what I want to hear! I won't be doing road wrok (I'm so lazy), strictly gym stuff (non sparring-- ok, I'm a poser).

Loves watching records spin
    Dance banana dance!

www.superspud.com <== do not look at this website!

Man had always thought he was much more intelligent than dolphins because he had built so many things and accomplished so much while dolphins just spent all of their time playing and mucking about in the water. Ironically, dolphins thought they were more intelligent for exactly the same reasons.
    -Douglas Adams, The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Pushups, situps, skip rope, squat thrusts, running-in-place bringing your knees to your chest.. Those are a few of the exercises we'd do.. You'll probably only have a heavy bag in your gym but that's better than nothing. In reality, there's about 10 different types of bags to hit.. The ones that come back at you at high-speed give you the best workout because you bob and weave while punching... Boxers throw many thousands of punches per day...

My husband is a boxer & his training keeps him in excellent shape. You might want to try getting a few books that show you the type of workouts boxers do. The ones I know my husband would recommend are:

Ultimate Guide To Weight Training for Boxing by Robert Price
    The Boxer's Workout by Peter Depasquale
    and any of the books written by Doug Werner

Good luck!!!

Boxing is good, but have you tried this?

http://www.slavercise.com/class.htm
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Thread Information