Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bret Easton Ellis

80s Forum: Bret Easton Ellis

Bret Easton Ellis

I've only read two of his novels: American Psycho and Less Than Zero. Both are pretty disturbing but I think both paint a pretty accurate picture of what living in the 80s was like. American Psycho had some pretty graphic passages of violence and murder and I'm still not sure if the protagonist actually committed these horrible acts or if he was fantasizing.

Anyone else read these books?

Re: Bret Easton Ellis

I haven't read his books, but I've always wanted to. I did see 'Less Than Zero', 'American Psycho' and 'The Rules of Attraction' on video though

I've read Less Than Zero, American Psycho and The Rules of Attraction. I feel that Less Than Zero is the best of the three and is a fairly accurate portrait of drugged-up and disaffected youth of the 80s. I found American Psycho to be pretty disturbing and a bit graphic, however.
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Only read American Psycho - very "different" book Saw "Less than Zero", but never read it.

I bought 'Glamorama' close to a year ago, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Come to think of it, there about 25 books in my reading queue right now. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be dead before I finish them all. It's not that I'm in bad health, it's just that as much as I love to read, I tend to fall asleep within about ten minutes of opening up a book.

One of these days I'll do the math and figure out how many books I'll read during the remainder of my life at a pace of 7 pages per day....

I've read Less than Zero and The Informers and part of American Pyscho. I enjoyed them all and would recommend them to anyone.
    "ask me i won't say no, how could i?"

Thread Information