Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Best Poison Song? - Page 2

80s Forum: Best Poison Song?

View Poll Results: What's Your Favorite Poison Song?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every Rose Has It's Thorn

14 26.42%
  • Cry Tough

4 7.55%
  • Want Some Need Some

0 0%
  • Talk Dirty To Me

5 9.43%
  • Nothin' But A Good Time

7 13.21%
  • Unskinny Bop

3 5.66%
  • Rock And Roll All Nite

1 1.89%
  • Other

19 35.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Best Poison Song?

Quote Originally Posted by Creeps
    I thought that was Nirvana.
    [b]Nah....Nirvana brought about metal's downfall, and they did so because they were sick of bands like Poison.

So I hold BOTH of them equally responsible!

Quote Originally Posted by Creeps
    I thought that was Nirvana.
    Actually they were the final manifistation of what started happening in the late '80s. It was basically a backlash to what the '80s stood for (look, sound, technical ability, etc. you name it). And hair metal was included in what the 80s stood for. That's just fact. The sad part is never in a million years would I have thought it would have basically destroyed Metal in the mainstream. I also remember when I first say G'n'Rs "Welcome To The Jungle" on MTV. I thought, "Yeah another lame poser-type band that isn't going to sell very many records. They'll be gone in a year". Man, was I wrong. And look what it set in motion.........today.
    Andrés Segovia (1893-1987)

Cyber Brother of SouthernImage Sicilian Cyber Brother of Annette
    "Smelly Sticker" Cyber Brother of Punky Power

Cyber Brother of BlackOyster
    jen*'s "King Of The Shovel" Brother
    Completely awestruck by my incredible keriberri!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCRichRocker4JC
    Actually they were the final manifistation of what started happening in the late '80s. It was basically a backlash to what the '80s stood for (look, sound, technical ability, etc. you name it). And hair metal was included in what the 80s stood for. That's just fact. The sad part is never in a million years would I have thought it would have basically destroyed Metal in the mainstream. I also remember when I first say G'n'Rs "Welcome To The Jungle" on MTV. I thought, "Yeah another lame poser-type band that isn't going to sell very many records. They'll be gone in a year". Man, was I wrong. And look what it set in motion.........today.
    Good call. If you listen to 80s style metal, so much of it is about being triumphant, (aside from the occasional heartbreak ballad). Overcoming odds, standing up for yourself, sticking to your guns even if you're in the minority. Grunge had an entirely different message. "I'm a loser. I'm a sissy. I'm gender-confused. I don't even think life is worth living anymore. Boo hoo hoo!" That sums up grunge in just a few succinct phrases.
    Last edited by Black Oyster; 7-26-04 at 11:58 PM.
    ~~Stalking SouthernImage~~

You do not let your eyes see, nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Do you not think that there are things which you cannot undersand and yet which are; that some people see things that others cannot? -- Abraham Van Helsing

Unskinny Bop got my vote!

'Every Rose Has It's Thorn' was the only Poison song I really liked. A wonderful metal ballad

My favorite Poison song is "Mama's Fallen Angel." It's a hard choice to make, I am very fond of "Unskinny Bop" and "Talk Dirty To Me."
    I don't know if it is Pagan or Black Oyster who is correct at who is to blame for the beginning of the downfall of the 80's hair bands. I believe it was BCRichrocker who said he wished both types of music could survive at the same time.
    My own opinion is that I loved the music of the 80's! I can listen to music from the 60's & 70's. I can even handle the 50's if I have to. I really like the 40's Big Band and Swing era music because I grew up listening to my father play it. If not for that music, none of the other would have evolved. I cannot stand the music from the 90's or today. Sure, there are a few songs I have heard here and there that I like, but for the most part I'd rather have silence than listen to the noise they call music today.

Other - Look what the cat dragged in.

Every Rose has its thorn, one of the best hair band/power ballads out there, got my vote!

I love a lot of Poison songs, but from your list I chose Every Rose.... I love the lyrics.
    BON JOVI ROCK!!

---------------------
    No.1 ALIAS fan
    ---------------------

I went with Other for "Something To Believe In"!

I guess I'd say 'Fallen Angel'... with possibly 'Look What the Cat Dragged In' at a close second for the same reason Creeps mentioned... it was probably their heaviest

This was a tough pick for me due to the fact that I love all their songs. I picked Cry Tough. Poison was actually the very first concert I saw. I still have the stub and the tee from that show. GOOD TIMES!! GOOD TIMES!!

Every Rose has it's Thorn

Fallen Angel... With Talk Dirty To Me and Nothin' But A Good Time close behind...

Every Rose Has It's Thorn

(That's the only song I know of theres, but I always thought it was nice.)

I was never a Poison fan but I'll pick Unskinny Bop. Every time I hear that song it sticks in my head!

Fallen Angel.

I enjoy Poison for what it is. Pop Metal. I listen to it when I'm in that kind of mood.

What I think is a big cause of the demise of metal is rap and the urban ghetto fad. Look at bands like Linkin Park and many others. They could have been the rebirth of metal, but instead are craprock.

Every Rose Has It's Thorn
    Brandon in Baltimore, MD

Poison by Alice Cooper!

No seriously,

I can't really stand the voice of Bret ''fake arse'' Michaels but my favorite song of that band is Talk Dirty To Me. Something To Believe In is one another great song!!

That good old JS, an 80s lover in the past & for years to come!!

"Something To Believe In" is my all time favorite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information