Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Did you sneak out of the house?

80s Forum: Did you sneak out of the house?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Did you sneak out of the house?

Did you sneak out of the house when you were in high school?

My bedroom was on the ground floor and had a window that faced the front yard. There were a lot of kids from high school that lived around me. They would come knocking on my window at night and I would crawl out. I had a curfew and most of them didn't so they would come back and get me. Usually we'd just hang out in the neighborhood but sometimes we would go back to a party or something. I did always leave my parents a note just in case...I didn't want them to worry too much. I never got caught, that I know of. Those were some fun times!
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

I did my share of sneaking out of the house when I was in high school. It was hard too, especially when we had one dog in the house and two in the backyard and I didn't want any of them to start barking. I would carefully take the screen off of my bedroom window on the side of the house facing the field I would walk through. My ex-husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) would be waiting at this church across the street from the field. One time I fell asleep in my room waiting for the time to pass to sneak out. He had to come to my window (which was already up) and whisper, "Stacy, Stacy get up!" Luckly I snuck out without a problem.

One time I almost got busted coming back. It was during a school week and I had exactly an hour before I had to get up for school. Again, I had to sneak through the field. At a point through the field, I'm in clear view of the front of our house. In the field, there was this tall dirt mound I could hide behind if I needed to. After you get to a certain point past it, there is nothing to hide behind. Anyway, I was at that point and my mom walked out the front door and was standing on the front porch. She was letting our dog, Charlie (a terrier) out to go to the bathroom. I totally froze and did not move, praying she would not look up and see me in the field. Luckly, Charlie did his business and she went back in the house. I got back in the house with no problem.

I did my share of sneaking out as well! I would lock my bedroom door and slip out my sliding door on the side of the house. Luckily my parents house was shaped like a "U" and there were two halls with bedrooms and I was in one and them in another, so it was relatively easy. And I parked in front of the house and my parents slept toward the back, so my car was never heard.
    Trixter

wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89
    Sure...

Wasn´t that easy, since I had to sneak past my parents bedroom, and our dog was pretty watchful in the night.

But it wasn't the dog which made my parents discovering my nightly trips out...one night, the exhaust pipe of my moped fell off while I was returning from my g/f, causing my parents to wake up.
    Boy, the both had read me out like a top drill instructor...

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

Oh my gosh! Way too many memories on this one!!
    My bedroom was originally the "Florida room" as they call them here, so I had an actual door that I could sneak out of. No windows, no screens to deal with. I would sneak out all the time! Mostly on the weekends. We lived on a small lake, so we would take my canoe and paddle to the middle of the lake and just sit there and talk until the sun was getting ready to come up! I don't think my parents ever knew we did that...
    We moved into a different house when I was going into 11th grade, so that ended that! And I pretty much got to stay out as late as I wanted to anyway, so long as I called and said where I was at. My friends were the ones that had to sneak out and lie to say where they were going. I remember going to my friend's house and knocking on their window to get them to come out!!

brings back memories of trying to sneak into my dad and stepmom's house after curfew (never snuck out, but got back late once too many
    the part of the house where I had to sneak through was the kitchen with high ceilings and a hardwood floor. Every breath and creak echoed through there, right down the hallway to the master bedroom. lol. Then I had to sneak upstairs to my room. (now imagine doing that drunk and tired..

Originally posted by Vilji
    brings back memories of trying to sneak into my dad and stepmom's house after curfew (never snuck out, but got back late once too many
    the part of the house where I had to sneak through was the kitchen with high ceilings and a hardwood floor. Every breath and creak echoed through there, right down the hallway to the master bedroom. lol. Then I had to sneak upstairs to my room. (now imagine doing that drunk and tired..
    Hahaha, yeah the whole drunk thing definately made sneaking back into the house a bit harder. Vilji, did we ever sneak out? You lived right around the corner at first so it would make sense that we did. I just can't remember for sure.
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!
    Never really had to. Don't know whether the folks knew I was gonna do what I wanted whether they tried to stop me or not, but I didn't have any kind of curfew or anything. Just kind of came and went as I pleased. Man, I had fun!
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

My room was in the basement so it was perfect for people to come knocking on my window. I didn't sneak out too much until my friend started coming over at 4:00am and getting me up to go deliver newspapers with him on Saturday mornings. He had to be careful going past the front windows 'tho so our dog didn't notice him. Once the dog did notice and began growling, so we had to take her out with us so she didn't wake up my parents.
    **Official Stalker of the musically omniscient TJ**
    **Stalked by the fantabulous OPC**
    **Mutual admirer of DJDaffy, my dream man**

I will give you every penny's worth, but it will cost you a dollar first.
    alli on facebook

I couldn't sneak out of my house cuz my bedroom was up on the 2nd floor...and we had squeaky doors and noisey dogs.

But I did sneak out with my friend once when I was camping with her and her parents at a big campground. Her mom woke up and realized we were gone. She went out looking for us and we were busted. We had a 9:00 curfew for the rest of the week while we were there...lol Her mom was cool though, never said anything to my parents about it.

Never sneaked out that I can remember, but I sure sneaked in a bunch!
    Mary
    Jelly shoe-wearin', Jolt-drinking, cartoon mama

imsoosure, no, I don't think we did. But our parents trusted us hanging out late, I think. lol. We didn't drink much then, as we were what, 14? hehe
    but I remember when we'd have fun watching the USA Night tracks video show and get all excited when the new Duran videos would show...lol

In high school I never snuck out of the house; there was no need since there was nothing to do around my town. My mom always stayed out late so I could do anything I wanted. I had a pretty dull child hood.

I used to have to sneak IN quite a bit, as well, and my bedroom was on the second floor, so I had a chain ladder (intended to be used in event of a fire) rolled up and stashed in the gutter. My mom never said anything, so I figured I had been getting away with it, until one night, I climbed in and jumped in my bed, and my mom was sleeping in my bed! I almost had a heart attack, and did I get the riot act the next day! (This did not, however, deter me from staying out past curfew in the future.)
    "It's not the way you wear your hair, but what's inside your head"~ Henry Rollins

Nope..never snuck out. I had to behave..my dad was a cop! LOL I was a good girl anyway...at least THEN.
    *Jana*
    Carrie Lynn
    March 20, 1990-Sept. 12, 1992
    NIGHT RANGER'S #1 GROUPIE !!
    "YOU CAN STILL ROCK IN AMERICA!!!"
    THE 80SXCHANGE OFFICIAL BARGAIN HUNTRESS! (Thanks Sarg! )

I never had to sneak out, because my parents were naive enough to trust me most of the time.

I really liked the stories here. It is so much fun to read about all you bad girls and boys.

wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89
    Oh...now I can remember another "homecoming" story...

A large closet was standing on the floor to my room, just vis-a-vis my parents bedroom. Usually, it was no problem to avoid running into it, but this certain night, I was pretty tanked up. So the inevitable happened...I ran into it, creating a loud "boom" sound like a bassdrum. The dog began to bark and my parents began to swear...

But, from this night on, I had never hitted it again, no matter how drunken I was...

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

Re: Did you sneak out of the house?

I used to sneak out MANY TIMES!!!

Its fun............Go swimming,etc........ (I still do those things (During the summer that is))

I find this water hole near me and i swim in that @ 2am,its so peacefull,etc......

going out wasn't too much of a problem but coming back home was another story. My mum would always wake up when I came in late. My mum was real cool with my friends but she hated me staying out late. I slept over at a friend's house who didn't have a curfew (or so we thought) and we got busted for cutting school and coming back from our favourite club at six o'clock in the morning. We'd had to walk home two hours in the snow and her mother found out there was something wrong when she saw our wet shoes and clothes the next morning (too much alcohol, not thinking we should at least hide the clothes). There was h*** to pay for this one. I think we were grounded for a week.

Well, I guess you could say that I snuck out, in the sense that my parents did not know I was leaving. However, sneaking out of my parent's house meant walking straight out the front door. I could've slammed the door twenty times and they wouldn't wake up. We had barking dogs, too, but the dogs barking wouldn't wake them up.

One time, I was coming home around 3:00 am and my parents were getting home at the same time. We were all wasted. We just looked at each other and laughed, and the next morning my dad came and woke me up and said "Let's go get pancakes!" We still laugh about it.

It was great having parents who were partiers.

ROCK ON!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information