Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

When did you know it was over? - Page 2

80s Forum: When did you know it was over?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: When did you know it was over?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    Why did you feel the need to change him? He was good enough for you to begin with, why try to have him change afterwards? I never understood why women get like that!
    Have you considered that people don't always know everything about somebody when they first start a relationship with them? People don't usually use "hey, I'm an alcoholic" as their pick-up lines. Haven't you ever been in a relationship where you found something out about someone AFTER you started dating them? People need to change and adapt to make relationships work because things in life don't stay the same. If you started a relationship with a woman and found out later that she's a heroin addict, a raging alcoholic, a hooker, whatever, would you want her to stop? Would you leave her? I'm guessing you wouldn't stay and just put up with it, so why should Mia or anybody else have to?

Hard to believe he would have been drinking a lot.
    And that WAS cheap shot, Jasper. Implying that Mia's ex was drinking because of her was rude, insensitive and just mean.

ANYHOW, I knew it was over a LONG time before we decided to end it. It was over for me when lies about money piled up, and she cost me everything I had and all I loved in life
    And to borrow a quote from YOU, "Why did you feel the need to change her (him)? She was good enough for you to begin with, why try to have her change afterwards?"

If everybody was as great as they are for the whole relationship as they are in the very beginning, nobody would ever get divorced or break up. But people DO change, and if somebody isn't happy being in the relationship, they have the right to leave it.
    Last edited by PunkyPower; 9-04-04 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo
    PunkyPower RetroMan

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    I finally knew it was over when she pepper sprayed me, and then had the courts put me a restraining order on me
    Sorry I had to chuckle to the pepper spray .. what did you do to her to make her spray you?
    Ok, I really don't want to know.

I've never been married, but i've had two relationships break up, both times, we just really stopped communicating and it felt like it was a chore to see one another. IMO if you can't be bothered spending time with your loved one, it isn't working.
    BON JOVI ROCK!!

---------------------
    No.1 ALIAS fan
    ---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyPower
    Have you considered that people don't always know everything about somebody when they first start a relationship with them? People don't usually use "hey, I'm an alcoholic" as their pick-up lines. Haven't you ever been in a relationship where you found something about about someone AFTER you started dating them? People need to change and adapt to make relationships work because things in life don't stay the same. If you started a relationship with a woman and found out later that she's a heroin addict, a raging alcoholic, a hooker, whatever, would you want her to stop? Would you leave her? I'm guessing you wouldn't stay and just put up with it, so why should Mia or anybody else have to?

And that WAS cheap shot, Jasper. Implying that Mia's ex was drinking because of her was rude, insensitive and just mean.

And to borrow a quote from YOU, "Why did you feel the need to change her (him)? She was good enough for you to begin with, why try to have her change afterwards?"

If everybody was as great as they are for the whole relationship as they are in the very beginning, nobody would ever get divorced or break up. But people DO change, and if somebody isn't happy being in the relationship, they have the right to leave it.
    You took the words right out of my mouth, Sarah. SOME people here are really quick to jump on others and pass judgement on them. It's a horrible, horrible thing when such a person is in a position of authority.
    ~~Stalking SouthernImage~~

You do not let your eyes see, nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Do you not think that there are things which you cannot undersand and yet which are; that some people see things that others cannot? -- Abraham Van Helsing

You know when it is over when you just dont' feel the same about him or her like you did in the beginning of the relationship. I know you have to work hard to keep it going but when you have to work hard for the both of you then it is time to call it quits.
    But what do I know? I am still in a relationship I dont' want to be in, and I hate him more and more each day we are together.

Why did you feel the need to change him? He was good enough for you to begin with, why try to have him change afterwards? I never understood why women get like that!

TOLD him not to do? Were you his partner or his parent?
    He gets hurt working, and you leave him? Hard to believe he would have been drinking a lot.
    Dude, Jasper, why are you talking to Mia as if you know this guy ? How do you know he was good enough for her to begin with ? Maybe he wasn't.

" Women like that " ... what ? I don't understand why you would refer to one of our most popular and freindliest members like that !

What's " Hard to believe " is the way you have blatenly insulted Mia for opening up and sharing this her story with us. You should have pmed her if you had any questions or suggestions about her story.
    Stalking The Loveliest One SweetestJezebel
    Stalking The Beautiful One ≈ Slayergrrl ≈
    Being Watched by the sensuous ♠◊ Tinajo ◊♠
    ₪₪₪ "S" Brother to SouthernImage ₪₪₪
    Roem's GQ Smooth brotha
    Champion
    Prefab is coming for it!!!
    In The Matrix With Shakey
    80sxchange Trekkin Crew By Harket

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett
    Dude, Jasper, why are you talking to Mia as if you know this guy ? How do you know he was good enough for her to begin with ? Maybe he wasn't.

" Women like that " ... what ? I don't understand why you would refer to one of our most popular and freindliest members like that !

What's " Hard to believe " is the way you have blatenly insulted Mia for opening up and sharing this her story with us. You should have pmed her if you had any questions or suggestions about her story.

Thanks Sonny

Guys,
    It might be no harm to take a few deep breaths and pause before posting on this thread. This is a thread that a number of people obviously have connections and they are obviously very personal. Discussions like these on a subject this powerful can descend into arguments and personal digs and I wouldnt like to see that happening. It might be a good idea for the pm route to be used if people have issues with posts in this thread.

Just my 2 worth.
    http://proudfootband.ie/ - PROUDFOOT Soul and Funk Band!

I sort of figured it was over while I was cutting up the body and hiding it in the crawl space
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

I sort of figured it was over while I was cutting up the body and hiding it in the crawl space
    You know what Cal, this is the kind of post I missed whilst I was away!!!
    http://proudfootband.ie/ - PROUDFOOT Soul and Funk Band!

Good job Cal and Prafab!! Thats why we like you guys around!! We all need to be reminded to not take things so seriously, especially here! We just wanna have fun, right?

Thanks guys!

NOW! Back on topic!!
    A Veteran Xchanger

On my last date with my last boyfriend, we were walking around Osaka city. He wanted to visit some brand-name shops. Before we walked into the Cartier jewelery shop, he suddenly turned to me and said, "I`m not going to buy you anything here!" I had never asked him to buy me anyting in any shop, but I realised he was saying he would never buy me an engagement ring.

I find a relationship is over when the little things they do or say make you grit your teeth in disgust, when you actually wish they weren't around and even if your being civil, when spending time with them is actually unbearable

You hit the nail on the head there for me Caligula!! Thats how it was for me anyway!!

I knew it was over when I changed my song for her to a song that included the lyrics, "She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly..."

I knew it was over when she expected me to bend over backwards to help her, but was too busy to help me or just flat out didn't care when I was in a jam. Mutual reciprocity is very important to me.

I knew it was over when she started talking about plans for our wedding, three weeks into our relationship!

My ex and I split up 16 years ago, he found a career in music more important than a wife and child. A career that never took off btw. I realy hated his guts over the last 16 years and wished him all the horrible things I could think of. Our daughter, contacted him about 6 months ago and tried realy hard to get a father / daughter relationship. I said tried, because last week a friend of him called, to say that he died from a heartatack. Now I have no idea what I should feel, the only thing I can feel is big symphaty for my daughter, because she lost her dad.

That's a sad story Walvis, sympathy to you and your doughter. She lost a dad, but I'm pretty sure she has a caring mom...

Respect.
    aim/icq/msn/y!: gitarissimonl

Another old thread brought from the dead.

I knew it was over with my ex husband when I just didn't care anymore about "us". I sincerely cared about his well being as long as it wasn't attached to me any longer.
    For years I thought I was this horrible, defective person and he was this perfect man who could do no wrong. Thru years of therapy I finally realized he had his fair share of problems and a fair share of responsibility in why the relationship could never work.
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

HAHA! I remember this thread. Good times!

HAHA! I remember this thread. Good times!
    HA! It's all coming back to me now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information