Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Classic Arcade Games

80s Forum: Classic Arcade Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!

80's games on-line.

I know that we have a few 80's games being hosted here on the 80sxchange, but I wanted to try and compile a separate list here in the game forum. This is a pretty decent list, but nowehere near complete, so if you have any links to add, please feel free.

Asteroids
    Battlezone
    Centipede
    Defender
    Dig Dug
    Frogger
    Galaga
    Galaxian
    Joust
    Missle Command
    Pac-Man
    Phoenix
    Q-Bert
    Space Invaders
    Time Pilot
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

So... Anyone playing any of these?
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

With the exception of my conquest to master 'Snake', my comp game playing has been non existant

That's a nice wishlist for our Xchange arcade though...some of 'em just might be coming soon

Sweet! It would be cool to have a LARGE arcade here. Now where do I put my friggin quarter?
    - Shakey

That's the great thing about these online arcade games, that we don't have to pay a quarter each time we play. As much as I've played Pac-Man here, if I had to pay a quarter for each game, I wouldn't have enough on me to buy burgers and fries tonight, and I forsee I would be in severe debt by the time I beat Recker's score

RockBoy83
    RockBoy83

An essential ingredient in my life is lots of rock music pouring into my ears, especially the kind with blistering guitar riffs and pounding drumbeats.

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange
    You mean IF you beat Recker's score!

Galaga..... thanks Shakey, I might as well just quit work now and play this al day long
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Our arcade here will indeed be expanding Shakey As soon as beta 2 is ready and working stable, integrating new games will be next on the agenda

Originally posted by Recker
    You mean IF you beat Recker's score!

That sounds much like what sports critics said to Joe Namath prior to Super Bowl III, "You mean IF you beat the Baltimore Colts". And we all know the outcome of that game.

RockBoy83

Originally posted by Caligula
    Galaga..... thanks Shakey, I might as well just quit work now and play this al day long
    Galaga f'ing rocks!!! I love that game, nice to play it free. Now if I could get all those quaters back I spent on this game in the 80's , I'd be able to pay for my kids college.
    nolanbuc - the Commish
    "Hijacking threads and beating dead horses since 2001"

World Fantasy Sports - Official Home of the World Fantasy Football League.

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange
    Originally posted by RockBoy83

That sounds much like what sports critics said to Joe Namath prior to Super Bowl III, "You mean IF you beat the Baltimore Colts". And we all know the outcome of that game.

RockBoy83
    I wouldn't have a clue, New Zealanders don't follow the Super Bowl! I assume the Baltimore Colt's reigned supreme?

Originally posted by Recker

I wouldn't have a clue, New Zealanders don't follow the Super Bowl! I assume the Baltimore Colt's reigned supreme?
    Super Bowl III had the appearance of an extremely lopsided and ugly game, and that the star-studded Baltimore Colts would easily waltz to the championship. Nobody ever gave the puny New York Jets a chance. This was at a time before the AFL and NFL merged into one league, and the AFL was considered the "minor league" where the less talented players were. Well, the quarterback on that AFL Jets team, Joe Namath, publicly announced "we're going to beat the Baltimore Colts". And beat them they did! Many consider Super Bowl III the greatest Super Bowl there ever was.

As to how this translates to Pac-Man, I am presently not devoting my playing time to try to post the highest scores I can, but rather I am getting practice, practice, and more practice on being able to maneuver throughout the board without getting cornered by the ghosts, which will be essential if I'm going to fill my stomach up with all those keys!

Believe me, when the time comes, I will reclaim the top spot on the scoreboard.

RockBoy83

Had to dig this out, because I found some more. You can play them here - Retro Arcade.

So, how's the job going, Cal? Still working or have you quit yet?
    - Shakey

That website is awesome! I saved both to my bookmarks. I never knew they existed I am playing Bowling right now. This is so damn cool
    Brandon in Baltimore, MD

I Found a Great Video Game Site

I'm not sure if this site's been mentioned here, but I've discovered this site while looking for a version of Donkey Kong. The URL is: http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/arcade.htm, and it's a way cool site.

Yep. I actually had that site posted in this thread. Thought it was sticky, but guess I was wrong. Thanks for reminding me.
    - Shakey

Q-bert....now there's a game I forgot all about....another on my wishlist for the arcade Which has gotten pretty large since my last post in here...have ya seen all the new games in our arcade, Shakey?

http://web.utanet.at/nkehrer/jae.html

I was pretty addicted to the 1983 version of "Mario Bros" a couple of months ago (it's #31).
    Last edited by Cartoon_Chris; 5-17-03 at 02:57 AM.

I should have looked before I posted. I must have been high on cold meds when I posted this, plus I was excited to have found Donkey Kong that I could download. Man, that brings back a lot of memories. I also downloaded from this site Ms. Pac-Man, another of my faves.
    Last edited by BlueMolly2001; 5-17-03 at 04:06 AM.

Classic Arcade Games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information