Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Creepiest TV Commercials Of All Time?

80s Forum: Creepiest TV Commercials Of All Time?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creepiest TV Commercials Of All Time?

Didn't put this in the 80s TV section, because none of the commercials I'm going to mention were made in the 80s. What were the commercials that stuck in your mind for the sole reason that they creeped you out? I'll list three now, and more later if I think of them:

1) No one remembers this but me. It was a commercial for Ted Nugent's Double Live Gonzo album. There was this room at the top of a flight of stairs in a darkened house. The light is on, and the door is opening and banging shut in time with Ted's music. This teenaged girl is sitting on the floor inside the room, beside a phonograph player, in a white nightgown. Everything's dark around her. She looks around, possibly at a picture on a wall, and there are these children dressed in old-fashioned clothing, and they're singing some creepy nursery rhyme. Then it shows the cover of the Double Live Gonzo album, and an announcer says, "Ted Nugent -- he's gonna do it to ya!" I know I didn't dream this. Does anyone else remember this commercial?

2) There was this movie called The Children, and all I remember from the commercial is these little pale faced children with dark circles around their eyes. They have red lips twisted into evil smiles, and they are reaching for you.

3) The creepiest commercials of all though, have to be those two new ones where the guy wakes up, and a guy dressed in a Burger King outfit, who's as big as Lucius Hagrid is sitting next to him in the bed. I keep waiting to have a nightmare about this one.
    ~~Stalking SouthernImage~~

You do not let your eyes see, nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Do you not think that there are things which you cannot undersand and yet which are; that some people see things that others cannot? -- Abraham Van Helsing

Re: Creepiest TV Commercials Of All Time?

3) The creepiest commercials of all though, have to be those two new ones where the guy wakes up, and a guy dressed in a Burger King outfit, who's as big as Lucius Hagrid is sitting next to him in the bed. I keep waiting to have a nightmare about this one
    I HATE that commercial. If I woke up with that thing next to me I would have died from a heart attack.

When I first saw that, I was like WTF??? I wouldn't be eating that breakfast and laughing with him.

That is the most freakiest commercial ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernImage
    I HATE that commercial. If I woke up with that thing next to me I would have died from a heart attack.

When I first saw that, I was like WTF??? I wouldn't be eating that breakfast and laughing with him.

That is the most freakiest commercial ever.
    I first, I thought the joke was that his wife had dressed up like the King. But after watching in a few times, it's obvious that that's not the case.

You do not let your eyes see, nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Do you not think that there are things which you cannot undersand and yet which are; that some people see things that others cannot? -- Abraham Van Helsing

I think it was Nintendo that had that commercial with the scary-a$$ clown in it. I always had to turn the channel or close my eyes when that one came on.
    PunkyPower RetroMan

Quote Originally Posted by Black Oyster
    3) The creepiest commercials of all though, have to be those two new ones where the guy wakes up, and a guy dressed in a Burger King outfit, who's as big as Lucius Hagrid is sitting next to him in the bed. I keep waiting to have a nightmare about this one.
    I haven't seen this commercial yet, but I have to correct something for you. If you are talking about Hagrid from the Harry Potter series. His first name is Rubeus. Lucius is a Malfoy.

My husband has seen the Burger King commercial and he agrees that it is pretty creepy.
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

When I was a young girl I was afraid of the "Where's The Beef" commercial with that scarey looking 'Where's the Beef' advocate (I can't remember her name). She seemed so mean to me. I don't know why, but I didn't like her vioce and the faces that she made were alarming to me. Kids can be silly with what they are afraid of....I certainly was. I'm sure she was a nice person, but I saw her as evil.

Any Chucky Commercials give the creeps, in fact, he gives me the creeps.

I have the video of the Where's The Beef commerial on my PC. I can send it to ya Rachelle, and now that you are older maybe you could face your fears?? !

Gotta go with the Burger King one... OH! And that jeans one where a man takes the jeans off of the male manequin and then it comes to life and follows the guy to where he is sleeping at night to get his jeans back. CREEPY!

You can never win or lose if you don't run the race...
    - The Psychedelic Furs

My Family Photo 3/2005

Really now,how much do you think that guy had to drink before he took the burger king home,I mean,I've woken up next to some scary girls after a night of binge drinking but even I couldn't be drunk enough to Bed the Burger King!!!
    Joey,Dee Dee,Johnny,Tommy,Peter Steel,Joe Strummer-R.I.P

PUNKS NOT DEAD
    -it just smells a little funny
    proud member of the BARMY ARMY

I AM the Big Daddy of Punk

"I'd like to live forever,but only for a little while."

Quote Originally Posted by jen*
    I haven't seen this commercial yet, but I have to correct something for you. If you are talking about Hagrid from the Harry Potter series. His first name is Rubeus. Lucius is a Malfoy.

My husband has seen the Burger King commercial and he agrees that it is pretty creepy.
    By George, you're right. Rubius or Rubeus or however you spell it Hagrid. I'll edit my original post. Lucius was the father of that little rich sissy that got his butt kicked by a girl, right.

OMG Culty, I just had rum and coke stream out of my nose. Thanks for that visual!!
    ~jen~

~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Quote Originally Posted by cultleader
    Really now,how much do you think that guy had to drink before he took the burger king home,I mean,I've woken up next to some scary girls after a night of binge drinking but even I couldn't be drunk enough to Bed the Burger King!!!
    I'd have to shoot myself.

By George, you're right. Rubius or Rubeus or however you spell it Hagrid. I'll edit my original post. Lucius was the father of that little rich sissy that got his butt kicked by a girl, right.
    Oh, you have that soooo right. Hermione kicked his ass!!

I actually had to go look up Hagrid's first name. All I knew is that it wasn't Lucius.
    Last edited by jen*; 10-03-04 at 11:08 PM.
    ~jen~

~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Quote Originally Posted by TeachX3
    I have the video of the Where's The Beef commerial on my PC. I can send it to ya Rachelle, and now that you are older maybe you could face your fears?? !

Gotta go with the Burger King one... OH! And that jeans one where a man takes the jeans off of the male manequin and then it comes to life and follows the guy to where he is sleeping at night to get his jeans back. CREEPY!
    That sounds creepy alright. Never saw that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TeachX3
    I have the video of the Where's The Beef commerial on my PC. I can send it to ya Rachelle, and now that you are older maybe you could face your fears?? ! [/B]
    Hee Hee....You're too funny! Giggles....

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicR
    When I was a young girl I was afraid of the "Where's The Beef" commercial with that scarey looking 'Where's the Beef' advocate (I can't remember her name). She seemed so mean to me. I don't know why, but I didn't like her vioce and the faces that she made were alarming to me. Kids can be silly with what they are afraid of....I certainly was. I'm sure she was a nice person, but I saw her as evil.

Any Chucky Commercials give the creeps, in fact, he gives me the creeps.
    Clara Peller was that old lady. She was the Will Hung of her generation. She became famous do to her senility, just like Will's become famous for singing and dancing horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyPower
    I think it was Nintendo that had that commercial with the scary-a$$ clown in it. I always had to turn the channel or close my eyes when that one came on.
    I LIKE scary clowns. Pennywise for President! LOL

I don't know if they qualify as "creepy", but I find those new commercials for Mrs. Paul's Fish Sticks... odd. The ones with the fish at the play ground and on the squash court with a gaping mouth as the people standing around it are moving their mouths in the same fashion, then a voice over says "Uncomfortable around fish?" What is that supposed to mean, anyway?
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

WTF is right~ What is this one all about? I yet to figure it out, yet i can't watch it cuz it so freakin' weird!

When I was a kid there were two movie trailers that freaked me out. Luckily I remember the movies but the comercial images have faded. The first one was for "It's Alive", the movie with the demon baby. The second was for the exorcist. Not the original but the trailer for the first video release. Those screwed with me. I found the comercials creepier than the films as I saw the films and was OK. The images in the comercials left more to the imagination, and imagination was something I did not lack when I was young.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forever testing the nature of reality and the patience of others
    Reaching for Lucidity Productions

The commercial for that new movie, "The Grudge" is pretty freaky...

Unfortunatley, the movie probably blows ass, cause Sarah Michelle Gellar is in it

does anyone remember that old Transformers commercial, where that kid has green alien eyes. That used to creep me out as a kid

Last edited by whistledog; 10-04-04 at 08:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information