Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Strait to the top!

80s Forum: Strait to the top!
    djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

Strait to the top!

from www.eonline.com

Strait Shoots Past Usher

by David Jenison
    Oct 13, 2004, 12:35 PM PT

Usher was thisclose to reclaiming the top slot on the Billboard album chart. But when the dust settled, that cowboy crooner George Strait lassoed away the number one position.

Early Wednesday, the sales-tracking folks at Nielsen SoundScan reported that, in one of the year's closest chart finishes, Usher's revamped Confessions (the disc includes new artwork, a DVD and new tracks, including the R&B crooner's new radio hit, a remix of "My Boo" with Alicia Keys) edged out Strait's 50 Number Ones by a mere 5,000 discs, 336,000 copies to 331,000.

But before you could say hold your horses, Strait was back on top thanks to a tallying faux pas. SoundScan's new numbers showed that Strait's latest greatest-hits collection actually moved 343,000 to Usher's 336,000.

The title of Strait's new compilation of country radio hits is actually a misnomer: The disc features a new track, "I Hate Everything," which recently hit the top spot itself--which technically means the disc features 51 number ones.

"This is the kind of problem you want to have," Strait said in a release. "Country radio has been great to me my whole career. I can't thank those folks enough for making my album title a lie. It's because of their support and the great fans that Iím lucky enough to be able to make music and celebrate this milestone in my career."

Strait's new disc also topped Billboard's Top Country Albums rundown, extending his record to 18 chart-topping country releases.

Strait's previous best-of collection, Latest Greatest Straitest Hits, opened at number two on the Billboard 200 pop chart in 2000.

With Strait and Usher leading the pack, Rascal Flatts' Feels Like Today got bounced to number eight on 82,000 copies, down nearly 120,000 from last weeks' chart-topping debut.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Re: Strait to the top!

As a big Strait fan, I was estatic to get this CD! I highly recommend it. It is wonderful.

I'm asking for this for Christmas!

On a side note, what is it with people putting new songs on their 'greatest hits' CDs? I don't understand the logic behind that....anyone? Bueller?

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?
    I don't know. I lost my psychic abilities when they stole my superhero powers.

George Strait is my Favorite!! This one is also on my Christmas list!! I absolutely adore King George!!

Annette
    Partners in Crime with Slayergrrl
    Proud Member of the Metal Chick Posse
    Proudly stalking and being stalked by the Cool Canadian80s
    Twins Separated at birth with Jillybean
    Best Buds with Tinajo
    BCRichRocker4JC's Silician Cyber Sis
    Goonie Buddies with the most awesome RetroMan
    http://www.facebook.com/ohiogooniegirl

It's about time someone knocked Usher off the top. I can't stand Usher

I don't know a whole lot about George Strait's songs, but I think he's got a great voice. I saw him in the movie 'Pure Country' and he was pretty good as an actor

Quote Originally Posted by ValJ
    I'm asking for this for Christmas!

On a side note, what is it with people putting new songs on their 'greatest hits' CDs? I don't understand the logic behind that....anyone? Bueller?
    I think artists do it just to show that they are still around and that it's not just your typical GH collection. Lots of record companies will put out GH collections of artists when there is already like 6 other ones that have already been released

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

George is my favorite but since I have the box set and all his other hits on other CD's, I won't be getting this one.

They put new songs on greatest hits to sell more. If you can only get a certain song by buying this collection then you may lay down the money to get it.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

That's exactly why they do it.

Thread Information