Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nothing like a racist asshole to get your blood boiling, huh? - Page 2

80s Forum: Nothing like a racist asshole to get your blood boiling, huh?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Nothing like a racist asshole to get your blood boiling, huh?

Sometimes, people just boggle my mind with the pointless pablum that comes out of their mouths. Is this guy on drugs or what???
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Quote Originally Posted by keriberri
    Senator Jaiz I'll hold your coat while you 'deal' with him and Kimmy I'll hold you hair back so you don't mess it up while you help!
    Maybe we'll just tie him down in front of my new bass rig while I turn things up to "11".

Yeah, he's an asshole!!! he will probably be shot and killed from another rapper in a few years anyways.
    Brandon in Baltimore, MD

It seems that KRS-One is trying to apologize or is he?

From MTV:

"If you are not prepared to hear what hip-hop has to say about its view of world events, then don't ask!" — KRS-One

Rap pioneer KRS-One, who built his reputation on fiercely political music, is taking heat for comments he recently made about September 11.

Thursday's Rush & Molloy gossip column in the New York Daily News alleged that "the hip-hop anarchist has declared his solidarity with Al Qaeda by asserting that he and other African-Americans 'cheered when 9-11 happened,' " and said that KRS's words "defiled the memory of those who died in the terrorist attacks."

KRS-One's comments came during an October 2 discussion panel at The New Yorker Festival. He ignited heated reactions when he stated that security guards at the Twin Towers did not let blacks enter because of their manner of speech and dress, and that because of that discrimination, "when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm ... justice.' "

The often controversial rapper (see "KRS-One On Nelly: 'I Can Slap Him Around For Days' ") also said he felt that voting adds to society's corruption and that "America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place."

The statement incited former Nirvana member Krist Novoselic — also on the panel — to shout in response: "That is wrong, man. Suicide is not the answer."

In response to the Daily News story, KRS released a statement on Thursday to explain his words.

"Like everyone," he wrote, "I was shocked to read that I and other African-Americans actually 'cheered when 9-11 happened,' and that I have 'declared my solidarity with Al Qaeda.'

"I would never just say something as crazy as 'we cheered when 9-11 happened'!" he continued. "I was making an objective point about how many hip-hoppas as well as the oppressed peoples of the world felt that day."

The rapper said that when he was asked why hip-hop has not "engaged the current situation more [meaning 9-11], my response was 'because it does not affect us, or at least we don't perceive that it affects us. September 11 happened to them.' I went on to say that 'I am speaking for the culture now; I am not speaking my personal opinion.' "

KRS said that after he stated that the hip-hop community's response to the attacks was "Mmmm ... justice," he had hoped to say, "Now of course, a lot of our friends and family were lost there as well," but was interrupted.

In the lengthy statement, KRS went on to explain that his words were taken out of context and that some of what he said may have been misunderstood because "I am a poet and I speak poetically."

With regard to his statement about America committing suicide in order for the world to become a better place, KRS explained: "If you want to go beyond voting, American interests must put a gun to its head and commit suicide, because as long as we are only interested in American interests, we go out and invade the rest of the world."

Though he was saddened by 9-11, the rapper said, he and many members of his community who were "racially profiled and harassed by the World Trade Center's security" felt a "sense of justice, a sense of change, a wake-up call watching the Twin Towers fall."

"For the record," the rapper said, concluding his statement, "I am an American philosopher. I speak and seek truth." KRS apologized "if the slander that the Daily News has printed regarding my political views has offended anyone in any way."

"However," he added, "we do have a voice and a point of view, and if you are not prepared to hear what hip-hop has to say about its view of world events, then don't ask!"

—Alyssa Rashbaum
    I am back to the future! 80'style! Officialy a Child of the 80's...

Oh that is a bunch of crap he is watching his bottom line, he should thought about what he said before he made that statement! I do buy it for a second. I have seen some tap dancing in my life but this takes the cake!

Anyway who gave him that title to speak for the whole 'hip-hop community'? I am sure alot of hip-hopers don't take him that seriously. If they do... well I think there are just more dumb and dumber individuals out there than I thought.

Those statements of 'us Vs. them' are just plain stupid! What does he wants that everyone must join the 'nation of hip-hop' and just listen to that 'music' and have his 'dress-code' like his visions states?

He is just confuse and needs to realize that the real world is more than his 'hip-hop world'... that is all.

But then again he is just trying to sell his dumb music. Just ask their 'friend' Emenim.

He is just a joke IMO!
    Last edited by Krull; 10-15-04 at 04:54 PM.
    I am back to the future! 80'style! Officialy a Child of the 80's...

His original comments and subsequent 'apology' are not worthy of consideration let alone debate.
    Boom! Boom!
    Waaahahahahaha!

Well, he has been irrelevant for YEARS, at least he got his name back in the press. I mean really, when is the last time you heard of him?

Asshat, and thats about all we can say.

Im all for free speech...but dammit, I dont give a crap if he was misinterpreted..the fact remains that he is an idiot.

"However," he added, "we do have a voice and a point of view, and if you are not prepared to hear what hip-hop has to say about its view of world events, then don't ask!"
    Well....I for one know that whenever I need insightful, well thought out commentary on world events, the FIRST place I turn to is the hip-hop community!

Any press is good press to people like this back-pedaling wet end.

Quote Originally Posted by keriberri
    Senator Jaiz I'll hold your coat while you 'deal' with him and Kimmy I'll hold you hair back so you don't mess it up while you help!
    That's the second funniest thing I've read in as many minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    Well, he has been irrelevant for YEARS, at least he got his name back in the press. I mean really, when is the last time you heard of him?

Asshat, and thats about all we can say.
    Well I've NEVER even heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Well....I for one know that whenever I need insightful, well thought out commentary on world events, the FIRST place I turn to is the hip-hop community!
    LMAO!

Couldn't have summed it up better. No further comment necessary.
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Milani's partner in Crime
    Official supplier of Officially Crap UK music to DJDaffy
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

С рожденством

Всех с рожденством ребята!

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Man....thank the Goddess not everyone is this ignorant...

Rapper: Blacks 'cheered when 9-11 happened'

Knight Ridder Newspapers
    Oct. 14, 2004 03:08 PM

If Osama bin Laden ever buys a rap album, he'll probably start with a CD by KRS-One.

The hip-hop anarchist has declared his solidarity with al-Qaida by asserting that he and other African-Americans "cheered when 9-11 happened," reports the New York Daily News.

The rapper, real name Kris Parker, defiled the memory of those who died in the terrorist attacks as he spouted off at a recent New Yorker Festival panel discussion.

"I say that proudly," the Boogie Down Productions founder went on, insisting that, before the attack, security guards kept Blacks out of the World Trade Center "because of the way we talk and dress.

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' "

The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us in the hip-hop community," he said. "9-11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations."

Parker also sneered at efforts by other rappers to get young people to vote.

"Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption," he added. "America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place."

This thread is pretty old, but I never heard this. I'm fairly sure that a lot of people don't have the capacity to think at times. I can't believe someone would actually cheer about so many people dying. This event not only lost a lot of lives but led to a war that is still going on over a decade later. Anyone to take this person seriously is probably a moron...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information