Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sophia George - Girlie Girlie

80s Forum: Sophia George - Girlie Girlie

Sophia George - Girlie Girlie

Girlie Girlie Sound Clip

Does anyone remember this 1985 UK Top 40 hit? Girlie Girlie by Sophia George. I don't remember it, but years ago, someone told me about it in Napster. I've been addicted to it ever since. There's nothing I like better than a catchy 80's reggae tune

Re: Sophia George - Girlie Girlie

An absolute classic, one of my favourite Reggae songs of the 80's. Recently burnt it to a CD that I take to the gym, and lo and behold a few weeks later I notice that someone else has recorded it to their own compliation.

A very underrated track, just so catchy.
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Milani's partner in Crime
    Official supplier of Officially Crap UK music to DJDaffy
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

Re: Sophia George - Girlie Girlie

Back in the 80s, I was given a cassette, for Xmas. It was a non stop megamix of songs by all different acts of '85/'86. Anyway, the inlay for the cassette (with all songtitle/artiste info) must have got thrown out with the xmas wrapping paper.
    I had the lines of Girlie Girlie in my head for yeeeeeeears without knowing who had a hit with it. Thankfully the internet came into my life in the 2000's, and mystery solved !

Thread Information