Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Headaches?

80s Forum: Headaches?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headaches?

Headaches?

Anyone else suffer from them? I get severe ones about every 3 months. More in the fall. I think mine are sinus related. I had one yesterday. The only thing I can do is lay down with a heating pad over the eye that the throbbing pain is behind. The more I move the worse it throbs. I swear, sometimes I think my head will explode. I made it through work but only to have to go to bed at 7:30 last night.

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Re: Headaches?

Have you tried Excedrin Migraine?

If it's sinus related and it happens often - you might want to talk to your doctor about it. I've heard of people getting their adnoids (sp?) removed to relieve them of ongoing sinus infections.

Hope you can figure out whats causing them!

I find that I get bad headaches when I don't drink enough water (dehydration) or when I eat too much sugar. My Mother has suffered with migraines all her life and I have a feeling I know what you are going through TopCat. I hope you feel better soon!!!! I suggest you see a doctor about some perscription medication that will help. I can't remember what my Mother uses. I'll ask her the next time we talk. She lives in New Zealand.

Blessings,

Rachelle

I have one right now! I get headaches if I'm too hot, I'm really tired, or if my allergies are acting up. I have all three right now. Aleve works pretty well for me most of the time, but I've had a couple migraines before and they really suck.
    PunkyPower RetroMan

I spent about 18 years involved Martial Arts and got to know some Eastern healing along with it. I don't believe in anything that doesn't produce real, demonstrable, results. Lots of hocus pocus that will take your money and laugh. Try two things: If you can stand it accupuncture can work if it is related to something it can block. The other is So-Tai, a fairly obscure and fairly modern Japanese physical therapy that I reccomend. It is VERY hard to find someone that is certified in So-Tai, obviously "healing" brings out lots of wierdness and fakes. Only a handful of Occidentals are certified, but it helped me recovering from a nearly life ending sickness. Nothing works quick, that is not the way the body functions, but So-Tai over a few years did it for me.

Another self help trick I learned from Mitsugi Kutawa. Take your thumbs and put them in the top of your eyes close to your nose. On the top bone ridge very close to the corner of the eye you will find very small "nicks" on each eye socket in the bone. If you rub these very gently, it helps some people.

Due to my crappy sinuses from years of cocaine abuse (clean for 14 years now!) and allergies, I get migraines CONSTANTLY. Nothing else ever works for me except Advil Migraine, and it kills them but QUICK. That's what I'd recommend.

I get tension, sinus and migraines!!! Rare for me not to have one. I found an herbal supplement recently that works wonders. After 3 weeks on it, I went 2 weeks without a single headache. They only came back as a side effect of a med I briefly took. Been about 4 days now with nothing major. It's called feverfew. Highly recommended in nutrition stores. You might try it to see if it helps. I also use a newer med for my really bad migraines. Called Frova. Gets rid of a migraine in about 20 minutes and you rarely have to take a second one. Problem is it's very spendy. If you don't have insurance to pay for it it's $100 for 6 pills. Hope this helps ya some.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Yes, I occasionally get headaches. But the headaches I get generally result from a lack of caffeine.
    I'm on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jeffsteele
    BUT...I'm NO LONGER on Twitter!

35 years of
    THE TRANSFORMERS
    1984-2019

I've suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember. No identifiable triggers for them, either. I've been prescribed calcium blockers and a migraine medication called Maxalt. The combination seems to be working, but it's crazy-expensive. Thankfully I have insurance through work. Now, I only get migraines once every two months versus once a week. Occasionally, I can zap a migraine really fast if I take Advil Migraine early enough.

Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!

I get at least one headache per day. On regular days, I take Advil. When it turns so bad that I can't even think, see or function, I go to the Advil Migraine. Just great stuff.
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

TopCat I would go to the Dr's to see if there is something they can do. Don't hesitate

My girlfriend gets headaches all the time, supposedly it has something to do with her being run over by a car when she was 6. What we use is something called Mersyndol (with Codeine). It's nota prescription drug, but they don't sell it on the shelves. You have to ask the pharmacist for it because they keep it behind the shelf. It does work but it will put you to sleep.
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmyn
    I get tension, sinus and migraines!!! Rare for me not to have one. I found an herbal supplement recently that works wonders. After 3 weeks on it, I went 2 weeks without a single headache. They only came back as a side effect of a med I briefly took. Been about 4 days now with nothing major. It's called feverfew. Highly recommended in nutrition stores. You might try it to see if it helps.
    I was going to recommend this one also as I am an avid proponent of Herbal Remedies (nothing against traditional medicines, just like using Nature's resources as my first recourse).
    Andrés Segovia (1893-1987)

Cyber Brother of SouthernImage Sicilian Cyber Brother of Annette
    "Smelly Sticker" Cyber Brother of Punky Power

Cyber Brother of BlackOyster
    jen*'s "King Of The Shovel" Brother
    Completely awestruck by my incredible keriberri!!!

I never used to get them real bad until a few years ago. I noticed it mostly when I was working 12 hour night shifts. I obviously never got enough sleep and when I WAS up during the day (on my days off), my head would throb. I guess I just dealt with it and when I started working at another job, I had to take an elevator every day (on the 23rd floor) and the pressure would cause my ears to pop (no matter what I tried) so after awhile, I went to the doctor and he gave me some pills to take at bedtime. After a month, it never helped and I went off them.

I then discovered that strong scents give me headaches, too. I'm doomed, not sure what else to do. Went to a neurologist and he told me I need therapy... WTF. That won't cure my headaches, you moron.

So, I guess I have to suffer. No idea what to do, really, they've become a part of my life!
    Never seen without a tube of lip gloss

Jilly.... see your regular dr and explain you suffer from migraines. There are numerous meds that can help. Can't belive a neurologist and they told you to get counseling!!!! That's not good at all. Sure sign he's a not a good dr.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Thanks for the advice.

Even when I take medicine, I still have to lay down. I am 99% sure it is sinusus. I use a face steamer too and that helps. I have become used to living with them. Least it gives me an excuse for leaving work.

Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

Have you tried taking an OTC allergy medicine? You might be congested and/or have sinus pressure. I use Alavert-D and it works pretty well for me. Take it before you go to bed - allergy meds work best if you take them at bedtime because they have time to work and are in your system when you wake up, and that's when your immune system is weakest.
    PunkyPower RetroMan

I never thought of taking an allergy med at bedtime. I was always leary because they make me sleepy. I will get some today and see how that works.

Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

I dont suffer from headaches near as bad as you, TC, but when I get one, I found that if I take my thumbs and massage my temples for a while..sometimes with this lavander scented oil, it helps the pain ease up..I dont like taking meds because they make me loopy or sleepy, and I cant have that when I chase around toddlers all day.

Good luck, and I hope you get some relief!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat
    I never thought of taking an allergy med at bedtime. I was always leary because they make me sleepy. I will get some today and see how that works.
    It can't hurt. I take the non-drowsy, 12-hour formula. It's Alavert D-12. The thing is that it has an antihistamine in it, which you probably don't need. Antihistamines can keep you awake though. I sleep like a rock anyway, so it doesn't affect me. Maybe you can just take a decongestant for sinus congestion & pressure, then you probably won't need a painkiller. You'll have to experiment to see what works for you.
    PunkyPower RetroMan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information