Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer? - Page 2

80s Forum: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

View Poll Results: Greatest Rock Drummers

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neil Peart (Rush)

    6 19.35%
  • 2. Keith Moon (Who)

    2 6.45%
  • John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

    8 25.81%
  • Ginger Baker (Cream)

    0 0%
  • Terry Bozzio (Zappa, Jeff Beck)

    1 3.23%
  • Danny Carey (Tool)

    2 6.45%
  • Carl Palmer (ELP)

    0 0%
  • Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

    5 16.13%
  • Bill Bruford (Yes)

    0 0%
  • Ian Paice (Deep Purple)

    1 3.23%
  • Other

    6 19.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Southbury, CT
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,108

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    There are too many guys out there to say best of all time... and to say "Rock" drummer... that's a pretty general catagory.... gotta narrow it down to other catagories of "rock" so you don't start arguments like in this thread. lol


    ...as for the purpose of Kev's list.... I pick John Bohnham.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    44
    Posts
    704

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Nel Peart is my favourite not only for his drumming, but also for his lyrics.
    No doot aboot it. I'm stalking the beautiful and sexy PG

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    61
    Posts
    548

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Hey, we forgot Jughead...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    CANADA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,151

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    what about Sheila E .... my pick was neil peart
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    YOU aren't in on the joke!
    Age
    49
    Posts
    17,359

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Quote Originally Posted by PG
    And yes, even though I can't stand him, Lars is an outstanding drummer
    Unless something like keeping time while playing live is important, otherwise, yeah, he's good.


    What about Eric Singer?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Larry Mullen Jr. of U2


    Pictures are thanks to homepages.ihug.co.nz

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Spring Hill, Florida
    Age
    48
    Posts
    910

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Charlie Benante is metal's ,most underrated drummer, the boy has skills and is starting to show them more and more with each release be it Anthrax or SOD.

    Frankie Banali is always a good solid, talented drummer.
    Eric Singer
    Mickey Dee
    Scott Travis

    These are my favorites.
    http://www.ttops.net
    1st ever Fiona web site!
    http://www.ttops.net/fiona
    ------

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    st. louis, mo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,048

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    I didn't think this would cause so much controversey! I should of broke it down to metal, rock and pop include the 70's and or 80's

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Quote Originally Posted by stlkev70
    I didn't think this would cause so much controversey! I should of broke it down to metal, rock and pop include the 70's and or 80's
    I apologize if it was me that messed up your thread dear. However, I do feel U2 is Rock, it may be more alternative and not metal, but your title didn't say Metal Drummer, thus, the reason I chose Larry Mullen, Jr.

    As far as for Metal Drummer, I haven't listened to Metal long enough to have a favorite.

    Pop (New Wave/Synthpop): Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I would have to say New Order's Stephen Morris.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newburgh, NY
    Age
    57
    Posts
    20,299

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Not for anything people.....but the fact that he said greatest ROCK drummer is kind of a hint, no?

    That would leave out country, rap, disco, synthpop, or whatever other form of music. Rock is rock. Metal, classic rock, hard rock, hair bands, thrash, death.....ROCK.
    Last edited by Pagan; 11-18-04 at 11:58 AM.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Not for anything people.....but the fact that he said greatest ROCK drummer is kind of a hint, no?

    That would leave out country, rap, disco, synthpop, or whatever other form of music. Rock is rock. Metal, classic rock, hard rock, hair bands, thrash, death.....ROCK.
    Why do I get the feeling your trying to start another debate sassy boy....Tisk Tisk.....

    Rock is embedded in all types of music and if the title doesn't read Metal, then I am going to freely answer. So there......

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newburgh, NY
    Age
    57
    Posts
    20,299

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Ever hear the song "You're So Vain", Rachelle? Go listen to the lyrics.

    Contrary to what you might believe, some posts aren't directed towards you. I made that statement for the benefit of anyone who was confused in this thread.

    You may freely answer all you like, even if your answers reveal the fact that you have no idea what a good drummer is!

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    AAAAAAAAAAND not to mention this is the METAL forum...

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Likes it when they just stand there & don't say anything!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Proud Bad Girl Sistah
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Spring Hill, Florida
    Age
    48
    Posts
    910

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    HA

    that was funny.
    http://www.ttops.net
    1st ever Fiona web site!
    http://www.ttops.net/fiona
    ------

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    east coast
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,937

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeps
    HA

    that was funny.
    I'm over here laughing my ass off.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Ever hear the song "You're So Vain", Rachelle? Go listen to the lyrics.

    Contrary to what you might believe, some posts aren't directed towards you. I made that statement for the benefit of anyone who was confused in this thread.

    You may freely answer all you like, even if your answers reveal the fact that you have no idea what a good drummer is!
    Well as you spoke of Synth Pop, which I evidentaly has just posted my fave synth pop drummer and because you mentioned this being on Rock, it is hard to believe that you weren't trying to make a point that was following what I said. I am not vein, but I was taught that you have to love yourself, in order to be able to love others. So take it the way you want it, but I do think that your vein statement was rather rude and uncalled for.

    Secondly, I didn't know that post was in the Metal forum. I merely clicked on it as a newly posted thread and answered it before realizing it was in the metal forum when I replied to this thread.

    Martin Luther King said: I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed; we hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal. I don't see why New Wavers and Metalers cannot be equal. We are all people and just because we may prefer one type of music over another, doesn't mean we can't mingle and answer threads in the others music forte' sections. I always feel that when I even attempt to answer any threads in this forum, people are trying to kick me out. It's a free country and I would never dis-welcome anyone that posted in any forum they choose.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    east coast
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,937

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Rachelle, why are you quoting Martin Luthur King in a MUSIC POLL? That's a little much....

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Quote Originally Posted by PG
    Rachelle, why are you quoting Martin Luthur King in a MUSIC POLL? That's a little much....
    Smiles, because the I have a dream speech in retrospect to music could be the same thing....I feel that just because I don't know much about metal and I prefer other forms of music, I'm not welcome in the forum. I don't know if you've noticed, but every time I post in this forum, I have some smart alleck comment thrown at me. I have the right to post on here. Just because I'm prone to listen to classical, dance, new wave, etc, doesn't mean that I don't want to be part of discussions in other musical areas. I'm trying to take part, and that is what counts. If I had a thread up with a classical music poll and someone posted a favorite musician that was of metal origin, I would just be happy they took part in the discussion, I wouldn't make them feel like they shouldn't take part in the discussion.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newburgh, NY
    Age
    57
    Posts
    20,299

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicR
    So take it the way you want it, but I do think that your vein statement was rather rude and uncalled for.
    [b]About as rude as your "than I am going to freely answer, so there" comment. Think before you say someone is being rude to you. 99% of the time there's a reason.

    Martin Luther King said: I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed; we hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal. I don't see why New Wavers and Metalers cannot be equal. We are all people and just because we may prefer one type of music over another, doesn't mean we can't mingle and answer threads in the others music forte' sections. I always feel that when I even attempt to answer any threads in this forum, people are trying to kick me out. It's a free country and I would never dis-welcome anyone that posted in any forum they choose.
    No one is "dis-welcoming" you Rachelle. But when you post in the metal forum, at least bring something to the table for the discussion, ya know? Do I go into the rap forum and post "Well, I'm not into rap, but let me just say......" No, I don't, cause I'd bring absolutely NOTHING to the discussion and I'd only be posting to hear myself speak and to run up my post count, and in the process making myself look pretty f*cking silly. If I had a comment about something about rap I knew about, yes...then I'd post.

    Now before you get all offended, I'm not saying don't post here, and no one's trying to kick you out. I'm just saying that when you do post, at least say something!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina, Unite
    Age
    50
    Posts
    888

    Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

    OK, Breathe Deeply, again, Breath Deeply Breathe Haha, I am trying to be a peacemaker, now that is freakin funny By the way, my choice is Bonham
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forever testing the nature of reality and the patience of others
    Reaching for Lucidity Productions


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
[Output: 154.21 Kb. compressed to 124.99 Kb. by saving 29.22 Kb. (18.95%)]