Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer? - Page 2

80s Forum: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

View Poll Results: Greatest Rock Drummers

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neil Peart (Rush)

6 19.35%
  • 2. Keith Moon (Who)

2 6.45%
  • John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)

8 25.81%
  • Ginger Baker (Cream)

0 0%
  • Terry Bozzio (Zappa, Jeff Beck)

1 3.23%
  • Danny Carey (Tool)

2 6.45%
  • Carl Palmer (ELP)

0 0%
  • Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

5 16.13%
  • Bill Bruford (Yes)

0 0%
  • Ian Paice (Deep Purple)

1 3.23%
  • Other

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Who Is The Greatest Rock Drummer?

There are too many guys out there to say best of all time... and to say "Rock" drummer... that's a pretty general catagory.... gotta narrow it down to other catagories of "rock" so you don't start arguments like in this thread. lol

...as for the purpose of Kev's list.... I pick John Bohnham.

Nel Peart is my favourite not only for his drumming, but also for his lyrics.
    No doot aboot it. I'm stalking the beautiful and sexy PG

Hey, we forgot Jughead...

what about Sheila E .... my pick was neil peart
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by PG
    And yes, even though I can't stand him, Lars is an outstanding drummer
    Unless something like keeping time while playing live is important, otherwise, yeah, he's good.

What about Eric Singer?

Larry Mullen Jr. of U2

Pictures are thanks to homepages.ihug.co.nz

Charlie Benante is metal's ,most underrated drummer, the boy has skills and is starting to show them more and more with each release be it Anthrax or SOD.

Frankie Banali is always a good solid, talented drummer.
    Eric Singer
    Mickey Dee
    Scott Travis

These are my favorites.
    http://www.ttops.net
    1st ever Fiona web site!
    http://www.ttops.net/fiona
    ------

I didn't think this would cause so much controversey! I should of broke it down to metal, rock and pop include the 70's and or 80's

Quote Originally Posted by stlkev70
    I didn't think this would cause so much controversey! I should of broke it down to metal, rock and pop include the 70's and or 80's
    I apologize if it was me that messed up your thread dear. However, I do feel U2 is Rock, it may be more alternative and not metal, but your title didn't say Metal Drummer, thus, the reason I chose Larry Mullen, Jr.

As far as for Metal Drummer, I haven't listened to Metal long enough to have a favorite.

Pop (New Wave/Synthpop): Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I would have to say New Order's Stephen Morris.

Not for anything people.....but the fact that he said greatest ROCK drummer is kind of a hint, no?

That would leave out country, rap, disco, synthpop, or whatever other form of music. Rock is rock. Metal, classic rock, hard rock, hair bands, thrash, death.....ROCK.
    Last edited by Pagan; 11-18-04 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Not for anything people.....but the fact that he said greatest ROCK drummer is kind of a hint, no?

That would leave out country, rap, disco, synthpop, or whatever other form of music. Rock is rock. Metal, classic rock, hard rock, hair bands, thrash, death.....ROCK.
    Why do I get the feeling your trying to start another debate sassy boy....Tisk Tisk.....

Rock is embedded in all types of music and if the title doesn't read Metal, then I am going to freely answer. So there......

Ever hear the song "You're So Vain", Rachelle? Go listen to the lyrics.

Contrary to what you might believe, some posts aren't directed towards you. I made that statement for the benefit of anyone who was confused in this thread.

You may freely answer all you like, even if your answers reveal the fact that you have no idea what a good drummer is!

AAAAAAAAAAND not to mention this is the METAL forum...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Likes it when they just stand there & don't say anything!
    Proud Bad Girl Sistah

HA

that was funny.
    http://www.ttops.net
    1st ever Fiona web site!
    http://www.ttops.net/fiona
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Creeps
    HA

that was funny.
    I'm over here laughing my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Ever hear the song "You're So Vain", Rachelle? Go listen to the lyrics.

Contrary to what you might believe, some posts aren't directed towards you. I made that statement for the benefit of anyone who was confused in this thread.

You may freely answer all you like, even if your answers reveal the fact that you have no idea what a good drummer is!
    Well as you spoke of Synth Pop, which I evidentaly has just posted my fave synth pop drummer and because you mentioned this being on Rock, it is hard to believe that you weren't trying to make a point that was following what I said. I am not vein, but I was taught that you have to love yourself, in order to be able to love others. So take it the way you want it, but I do think that your vein statement was rather rude and uncalled for.

Secondly, I didn't know that post was in the Metal forum. I merely clicked on it as a newly posted thread and answered it before realizing it was in the metal forum when I replied to this thread.

Martin Luther King said: I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed; we hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal. I don't see why New Wavers and Metalers cannot be equal. We are all people and just because we may prefer one type of music over another, doesn't mean we can't mingle and answer threads in the others music forte' sections. I always feel that when I even attempt to answer any threads in this forum, people are trying to kick me out. It's a free country and I would never dis-welcome anyone that posted in any forum they choose.

Rachelle, why are you quoting Martin Luthur King in a MUSIC POLL? That's a little much....

Quote Originally Posted by PG
    Rachelle, why are you quoting Martin Luthur King in a MUSIC POLL? That's a little much....
    Smiles, because the I have a dream speech in retrospect to music could be the same thing....I feel that just because I don't know much about metal and I prefer other forms of music, I'm not welcome in the forum. I don't know if you've noticed, but every time I post in this forum, I have some smart alleck comment thrown at me. I have the right to post on here. Just because I'm prone to listen to classical, dance, new wave, etc, doesn't mean that I don't want to be part of discussions in other musical areas. I'm trying to take part, and that is what counts. If I had a thread up with a classical music poll and someone posted a favorite musician that was of metal origin, I would just be happy they took part in the discussion, I wouldn't make them feel like they shouldn't take part in the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicR
    So take it the way you want it, but I do think that your vein statement was rather rude and uncalled for.
    [b]About as rude as your "than I am going to freely answer, so there" comment. Think before you say someone is being rude to you. 99% of the time there's a reason.

Martin Luther King said: I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed; we hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal. I don't see why New Wavers and Metalers cannot be equal. We are all people and just because we may prefer one type of music over another, doesn't mean we can't mingle and answer threads in the others music forte' sections. I always feel that when I even attempt to answer any threads in this forum, people are trying to kick me out. It's a free country and I would never dis-welcome anyone that posted in any forum they choose.
    No one is "dis-welcoming" you Rachelle. But when you post in the metal forum, at least bring something to the table for the discussion, ya know? Do I go into the rap forum and post "Well, I'm not into rap, but let me just say......" No, I don't, cause I'd bring absolutely NOTHING to the discussion and I'd only be posting to hear myself speak and to run up my post count, and in the process making myself look pretty f*cking silly. If I had a comment about something about rap I knew about, yes...then I'd post.

Now before you get all offended, I'm not saying don't post here, and no one's trying to kick you out. I'm just saying that when you do post, at least say something!

OK, Breathe Deeply, again, Breath Deeply Breathe Haha, I am trying to be a peacemaker, now that is freakin funny By the way, my choice is Bonham
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forever testing the nature of reality and the patience of others
    Reaching for Lucidity Productions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information