Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My favorite Club tunes from the 80's - Page 2

80s Forum: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 97
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ---
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsofagreppo
    Paul Rutherford - Get Real
    Was that the guy in Frankie Goes to Hollywood that looked like Freddie Mercury?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Near Houston
    Posts
    69

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by godeltsihw
    Was that the guy in Frankie Goes to Hollywood that looked like Freddie Mercury?
    I believe he was in information society.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    you are bringing back so many memories! i picked all the songs from your list i used to LOVE dancing to at this old new wave club in the east village in nyc. i miss it so much. i swear, there was nothing better than getting lost on the dancefloor to Secession or Celebrate the Nun. i was such a celebrate the nun fan. my friend even made me a t-shirt from an lp cover once.

    Quote Originally Posted by wiggin
    X Living on Video - Trans-X
    Will You Be There - Celebrate the Nun
    Why - Bronski Beat
    Warm Leatherette - The Normals
    The Walk - The cure
    Toujor L'mour - Telex
    Touch - Secession
    Theme from S-Express - S Express
    Tesla Girls _ OMD
    Tears Run Rings - Soft Cell
    Take Me Now - Vicious Pink
    Subculture - New Order
    Situations - Ceta Javu
    Sex Dwarf - Soft cell
    Russian Radio - Red flag
    Running Up the Hill - Kate Bush
    Rhythm of time - Front 242
    Phyche Out - Meat beat Manifesto
    The Perfect Kiss - New Order
    Let Your Body Learn - Nitzer Ebb
    Murderous - Nitzer Ebb
    Kis me - Tin Tin Duffy
    Join in the Chant - Nitzer Ebb
    Imagination - Belious Some
    I sit on Acid - Lords of Acid
    I Beg Your Pardon - Kon Kan
    Hurts - Boytronic
    How Soon is Now - The Smiths
    Headhunter - Front 242
    Have in Mind - Ceta Javu
    Everyday is Halloween - Ministry
    The great Commandment - Camouflage
    Go! - Tones on Tail
    Genius of Love - Tom Tom Club
    Fade to Grey - Visage
    Everything Counts - Depeche Mode
    Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight - Dominatrix
    Dig It - Skinny Puppy
    Control I'm Here - Nitzer Ebb
    Cities in Dust - Siouxsie and the Banshees
    CCCan't You See - Vicious Pink
    Bring Me Edelweiss - Edelweiss
    Big in Japan - Alphaville
    8.15 to Nowhere - Vicious Pink
    "ask me i won't say no, how could i?"

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Devon
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,676

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbhead
    I believe he was in information society.
    That Paul Rutherford - 'Get Real' EXCELLENT track was written by Martin Fry & Mark White of ABC. I have it on 12", was mystified it wasn't a hit!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    738

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza67
    That Paul Rutherford - 'Get Real' EXCELLENT track was written by Martin Fry & Mark White of ABC. I have it on 12", was mystified it wasn't a hit!
    It was a big hit in Houston, as the radio stations would play the song during the day as well as during live broadcasts from clubs.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southampton
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Hi, dunno whether its the 80s but I like dance tunes like rhythm is a dancer and freed from desire. Does any one kno of any other songs like this? U know, the ones that always get played at clubs on 80s themed nights.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Austin, TEXAS
    Posts
    2

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    So, I don't understand how someone would point you out as being from Houston. However, all the songs you listed were so apparent from days at NRG and IN-10-City. My gosh, people other than myself remember these awesome songs. Club 6400 and #'s. WOW!!!! Please get in touch with me. I am sure there are many, many songs I need to remember.

    MEOW

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    cybotron - r2 1983

    A timeless piece!
    __________________


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    53
    Posts
    129

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Ok how about a few more

    Aircrash Bureau - Exibition
    Boy Toy - Touch My Body
    Boytronic - Blue Velvet
    Celebrate the Nun - She's a Secretary
    Central Unit - Computer Music
    Chayell - Don't Even Think About It
    Colm III - You Take Me Higher
    Double ID - Communicate
    English Boy on a Love Ranch - Man in your Life
    Final Cut - She Destroys
    Hardsonic Bottom 3 - Do it anyway
    HoHoKam - Harlequin Tears
    I start counting - Lose Him
    In Sotto Voce - In Sotto Voce

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas,NV
    Age
    49
    Posts
    598

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Here's a few jams I consistantly play and dance to in clubs:


    Be good Johnny-Men at Work
    Take it Easy-Andy Taylor
    Electricity-OMD
    Lovecats-The Cure
    Spellbound-Siouxsie and the banshees
    Cuts you Up-Peter Murphy
    Love is a Shield-Camouflage
    The Great Commandment-Camouflage
    Beats So Lonely-Charlie Sexton
    Dancin in Heaven-Q Feel
    GO-Tones on Tail
    Ask-The Smiths
    The Sun always shines on TV-Aha
    Telcommunication-Flock of Seagulls
    Masquerade-Berlin
    Sending out an SOS-The Police
    This Corrosion-Sisters of Mercy
    She Sells Sanctuary-The Cult
    Lips Like Sugar- Echo and the Bunnymen
    Ceremony-New Order
    Enola Gay-OMD
    Between Something and Nothing-The Ocean Blue
    Last edited by DJJEFFCLARKE; 1-19-05 at 06:31 AM.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    154

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Any body remember Ricki-Bang, Bang, Bang (Who's on the phone?) and Three O'Clock-Suzie's on the Ball Now from NRG? Those are a couple of my favorites. I just found this forum, this is amazing!!! I wonder what it was about that time period in Houston? Hardly anyone else in the country seems to be familiar with this particular music.

    By the way, I have almost every record mentioned above and for Christmas my wife gave me everything I need to convert them to MP3's. If anybody is looking for anything let me know.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    53
    Posts
    129

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlee
    Any body remember Ricki-Bang, Bang, Bang (Who's on the phone?) and Three O'Clock-Suzie's on the Ball Now from NRG? Those are a couple of my favorites. I just found this forum, this is amazing!!! I wonder what it was about that time period in Houston? Hardly anyone else in the country seems to be familiar with this particular music.

    By the way, I have almost every record mentioned above and for Christmas my wife gave me everything I need to convert them to MP3's. If anybody is looking for anything let me know.
    Welcome - H-town was amazing during this time period. Anyway, welcome and I'll keep you in mind.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    154

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    There was plenty of "wiggin" going on back then too.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    738

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlee
    Any body remember Ricki-Bang, Bang, Bang (Who's on the phone?) and Three O'Clock-Suzie's on the Ball Now from NRG? Those are a couple of my favorites. I just found this forum, this is amazing!!! I wonder what it was about that time period in Houston? Hardly anyone else in the country seems to be familiar with this particular music.

    By the way, I have almost every record mentioned above and for Christmas my wife gave me everything I need to convert them to MP3's. If anybody is looking for anything let me know.
    Would love to get a list from you on NRG songs. I have Ricki but i'll have to look for Three o'clock. I have a NRG club tape made by Willie when he was playing the adult room. A guy from Georgia emailed it to me. I have plenty to trade in 6400 songs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlee
    There was plenty of "wiggin" going on back then too.


    if you go to www.shoutcast.com and type in search for 6400, my station pulls up. Right now its playing Colm III

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    53
    Posts
    129

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlee
    There was plenty of "wiggin" going on back then too.

    you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    154

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcess-N-Htown
    Would love to get a list from you on NRG songs. I have Ricki but i'll have to look for Three o'clock. I have a NRG club tape made by Willie when he was playing the adult room. A guy from Georgia emailed it to me. I have plenty to trade in 6400 songs.




    if you go to www.shoutcast.com and type in search for 6400, my station pulls up. Right now its playing Colm III
    Sure, I'd be glad to give you anything you don't have. I just got a system called Finalscratch2 that allows you to record your vinyl to computer hard drive and then mix the MP3's with your turntables. I'm in the process of recording everything, but I have a long way to go since I just started. I'm sort of computer illiterate, but I'm learning. If you give me your e-mail, I'll record Three O'Clock and send it to you. I have a single and extended version of Bang Bang Bang. I never heard the extended version at NRG (or any other club). I'm sure you have some stuff I don't have too. Pretty much every song I knew, I bought, but there were few songs on these lists that I'm not familier with. It sounds like you have alot of music.

    I have some mix tapes from the club dj's back then, but I'm not sure how good of condition they are in after all these years. I have one from NRG that I bought from Ford (the black guy who worked in the bathroom), one from a club called Houston Life, one from Power Tools. I also have one from Mike Pratt, but I can't remember what club he dj'd at. I think it was Houston Life. One thing I have that is cool if I can find it is an acetate that plays on your record player that NRG mailed out as an advertisement for a 1988 New Years Eve party. I know it is somewhere in my record collection, but at the moment I can't remember where I put it.

    I also have two or three copies of some records (including Three O'Clock). If I found something for 25 cents at Half Price Books I couldn't pass it up. Sorry, I don't have a list put together. If you are in Houston, I don't mind you looking through my crates though. Hell, I'm excited that other people are still interested in this stuff. I haven't run accross anybody that knows this music as well as you guys in about 15 years. When I read the lists of yall's favorite songs, I was thinking holly crap there is my record collection!

    Scott

    A few more rare ones I thought of that I didn't see on the lists:

    Telekin-Imagination
    No ho-Touch
    Ho Ho Kam - Harlequin Tears
    Tiger Moon - Something Tells Me
    Ward Brothers-Cross that Bridge
    Two Minds Crack-Cry, Cry, Cry
    Until December-Until December
    Taffy-I Love My Radio
    Michael Moret-Want Me
    Sean Hayden-Party Boy

    I remember when Until December and the Razormaid with Call it Heaven where something like $300 at Record Rack. Telekin was about a $100. All of the above where $20 to $50 at one time.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    738

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlee
    Sure, I'd be glad to give you anything you don't have. I just got a system called Finalscratch2 that allows you to record your vinyl to computer hard drive and then mix the MP3's with your turntables. I'm in the process of recording everything, but I have a long way to go since I just started. I'm sort of computer illiterate, but I'm learning. If you give me your e-mail, I'll record Three O'Clock and send it to you. I have a single and extended version of Bang Bang Bang. I never heard the extended version at NRG (or any other club). I'm sure you have some stuff I don't have too. Pretty much every song I knew, I bought, but there were few songs on these lists that I'm not familier with. It sounds like you have alot of music.

    I have some mix tapes from the club dj's back then, but I'm not sure how good of condition they are in after all these years. I have one from NRG that I bought from Ford (the black guy who worked in the bathroom), one from a club called Houston Life, one from Power Tools. I also have one from Mike Pratt, but I can't remember what club he dj'd at. I think it was Houston Life. One thing I have that is cool if I can find it is an acetate that plays on your record player that NRG mailed out as an advertisement for a 1988 New Years Eve party. I know it is somewhere in my record collection, but at the moment I can't remember where I put it.

    I also have two or three copies of some records (including Three O'Clock). If I found something for 25 cents at Half Price Books I couldn't pass it up. Sorry, I don't have a list put together. If you are in Houston, I don't mind you looking through my crates though. Hell, I'm excited that other people are still interested in this stuff. I haven't run accross anybody that knows this music as well as you guys in about 15 years. When I read the lists of yall's favorite songs, I was thinking holly crap there is my record collection!

    Scott

    A few more rare ones I thought of that I didn't see on the lists:

    Telekin-Imagination
    No ho-Touch
    Ho Ho Kam - Harlequin Tears
    Tiger Moon - Something Tells Me
    Ward Brothers-Cross that Bridge
    Two Minds Crack-Cry, Cry, Cry
    Until December-Until December
    Taffy-I Love My Radio
    Michael Moret-Want Me
    Sean Hayden-Party Boy

    I remember when Until December and the Razormaid with Call it Heaven where something like $300 at Record Rack. Telekin was about a $100. All of the above where $20 to $50 at one time.
    Lets defenitly get together. I have already put all of my vinyl on cds. I have lots of club tapes too. I have the 45 to Call It Heaven/Feeling Like a stranger (Razormaid version is much better) I also have another Call it Heaven song called Boys, Boys, Boys. Here is my email jdeehous@swbell.net

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dallas (I miss Houston!!!!)
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    You guys are bringing back sooooo many memories!!! I soooo loved all of the music that you all have listed! Still do! I used to sneak into 6400, I was probably 16 years old, but not the original one, the one they opened after it burnt down. Does anyone remember the club Carrz (sp?). Used to go there too. And Numbers (of course). If anyone has any old mix tapes please let me know. I saw that Greenlee posted that he has an old tape of Mikey Pratt's, I would love to hear that!! I never got to go to NRG, it closed down before I got the chance, but I do have an old NRG matchbook in a scrapbook. Got it from a friend of mine way back when! Anyway, take care all you H-Towners. Hope to see a reply from someone about those mixtapes!

    Oops, almost forgot to put one of my favorite songs down on my post. Here are a few.

    Maurice - Acid
    Kyper - Exstacy
    Ministry - Flashback
    Last edited by pimpgrrl; 2-06-05 at 11:48 PM.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    154

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    I remember Cars, but I am a little too old to have gone there. I think it was more of a teen club and I was in my early 20's by that time.

    I don't mind sharing tapes. Xcess N Htown is copying the Mike Pratt tape to cd.

    I lived in Dallas for a few years in the 90's. Dallas had a cool 90's dance music scene.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,913

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpgrrl
    Does anyone remember the club Carrz (sp?). Used to go there too.
    Which one? I-10 or Kuykendahl.

    What year was it? I never went, but do remember them. I think I was around 18 at the time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
[Output: 143.24 Kb. compressed to 116.49 Kb. by saving 26.75 Kb. (18.67%)]