Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
My favorite Club tunes from the 80's - Page 5

80s Forum: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 81 to 97 of 97
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Nice to see so many Houston peeps. This town was awesome for music back in the 80s.

    Here's some of my favorites:

    When in Rome - The Promise
    Secession - The Magician
    Heaven 17 - Let me go
    The Smiths - How soon is now
    Peter Murphy - Cuts you up
    Posie Noire - Pity for the self
    Peter Schilling - Different Story(World of Lust & Crime)
    New Order - Blue Monday
    Bolshoi - A way
    Love and Rockets - So Alive
    Kon Kan - I beg your pardon
    Front 242 - Headhunter
    Camouflage - The great commandment
    Until December - Until December
    Cetu Javu - Have in mind and Situations
    Vicious Pink - Take me now
    Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love
    Final Cut - She Destroys
    Marathon - Movin
    Rhythm Device - Acid Rock
    All the hits by Inxs, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, The Cure

    To name a few.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pasadena Tx.
    Posts
    2

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    does anybody have an MP3 of Invincible Limit (Push!)???

    I have the 12" but I dont have the equipment to convert it to an mp3

    Need more help. I am looking for another song, but the only thing I know about it is there is a line that goes " I'd like to dance, but your standing on my shoe"????????
    Last edited by svt_93_svt; 11-18-05 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    154

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by svt_93_svt
    does anybody have an MP3 of Invincible Limit (Push!)???
    I have the 12" but I dont have the equipment to convert it to an mp3

    Need more help. I am looking for another song, but the only thing I know about it is there is a line that goes " I'd like to dance, but your standing on my shoe"????????
    The second one is Live Cinema - Pop Density. I think I have both of those converted to Mpy 3 already. Send me a pm with your e-mail address.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pasadena Tx.
    Posts
    2

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    I can't pm you.... My email address is svt_93_svt@yahoo.com

    Thanks alot!!!!

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    London, UK
    Age
    53
    Posts
    594

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    A lot of these tunes seem to be my soundtrack from the 80's.

    But what about Fascinated - Company B?

    Now there's a tune!!!!
    From Timbo
    Check out http://www.planettimbo.tk - it's my new internet home!!!!!

  6. #86
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,913

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by svt_93_svt
    I can't pm you.... My email address is svt_93_svt@yahoo.com

    Thanks alot!!!!
    Hey svt_93_svt, I'm from Pasadena too (live in Clear Lake now). Where did you go to school?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    53
    Posts
    129

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Since I started this post way back when and for those interested I will be posting most of these songs on my new site...


    funky green tabs
    - I will soon have it set up where you can listen to all of them.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    6

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    A lot of great songs listed here. However.........I do not see any Big Audio Dynamite. What's up??
    E=Mc2
    A Party
    Bottom Line
    Medicine Show
    Hollywood Blvd..............

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    6

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    ...and since most of the posters here are from the Houston area, what about The Judy's?
    Not necessarily club, but the best beach music of the time!! I had many good times hanging out at Jamaica Beach, jamming to The Judy's.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    738

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by badrockcity View Post
    ...and since most of the posters here are from the Houston area, what about The Judy's?
    Not necessarily club, but the best beach music of the time!! I had many good times hanging out at Jamaica Beach, jamming to The Judy's.
    Wow, Sunday mornings on Jamaica beach were the best. It is a small strip of beach that was getting way too crowded on Sunday mornings, so the cops put up barracades and wouldn't allow any cars on it so we had to move to Indian beach. That beach was too big and spread everyone out too far so it wasn't as much fun.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,913

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcess-N-Htown View Post
    Wow, Sunday mornings on Jamaica beach were the best. It is a small strip of beach that was getting way too crowded on Sunday mornings, so the cops put up barracades and wouldn't allow any cars on it so we had to move to Indian beach. That beach was too big and spread everyone out too far so it wasn't as much fun.
    Jamaica beach was the best!!! But if I remember right it was spring break 88 or 89 that caused Jamaica beach to be shut down.

    badrockcity, I liked some of The Judy's music "Guyana Punch" and "All The Pretty Girls" at the top of my list. Here is a site you should check out: http://www.thejudys.com/index.html

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    738

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Jamaica beach was the best!!! But if I remember right it was spring break 88 or 89 that caused Jamaica beach to be shut down.

    badrockcity, I liked some of The Judy's music "Guyana Punch" and "All The Pretty Girls" at the top of my list. Here is a site you should check out: http://www.thejudys.com/index.html

    I thought it was closed sometime during the summer of 1988. I remember (I think) that we were going to Indian beach in 1988 but maybe it was 1989.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    6

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I liked some of The Judy's music "Guyana Punch" and "All The Pretty Girls" at the top of my list. Here is a site you should check out: http://www.thejudys.com/index.html
    Yeah, I was lucky enough to find that site before they took all of the MP3's down. I was able to get a lot of demos & live versions.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    6

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcess-N-Htown View Post
    I thought it was closed sometime during the summer of 1988. I remember (I think) that we were going to Indian beach in 1988 but maybe it was 1989.
    I can't remember exactly when either, it's all a blur. I think I may have drifted away from it a little towards the end & started hanging out on the sea wall.
    I seems like it was around the same time they closed NRG. When was that?

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    738

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Quote Originally Posted by badrockcity View Post
    I can't remember exactly when either, it's all a blur. I think I may have drifted away from it a little towards the end & started hanging out on the sea wall.
    I seems like it was around the same time they closed NRG. When was that?
    NRG's probably closed 1988 as John started the club that was at the Therapy Location in 1988. I remember going to NRG's in the early part of 1988 and it was dying then.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    3

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    wow, memories......i need to come down to h-town and check out Numbers on Fri night. I live for underground 80s, any song you can think of, i have it on vinyl, i need a place to spin this shit.

    cory v

    www.coryv.com
    www.myspace.com/coldwardjs

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1

    Re: My favorite Club tunes from the 80's

    Does anyone remember club AM? Man these songs are a tripp. I was about 15 I think and my cousin use to sneak me in lol. Baby double dome (haha) was when it was fun. Quick question where would I be able to get these songs mp3? I'm not a dj and I'm in Afghanistan right now so downloading is out of the question. Would someone do me a favor and burn some mixes to cd? I'll be more than happy to pay for a little nostalgia. Thanks..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
[Output: 119.94 Kb. compressed to 97.26 Kb. by saving 22.68 Kb. (18.91%)]