Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Name this Tune

80s Forum: Name this Tune

Thread: Name this Tune

Name this Tune

Ladies and Gents,

I am new to posting but have been reading these post for a while. I think it is great that there are people like me that still follow the good old times. I am from Corpus and we had a club there called the Great Escape. It was a very very good time on the weekends at that club. I used to have my brother record that houston radio station that played 6400 songs (when it would come in) but the tapes are all but gone now. Now since the last few year and the technology has permitted most of my 12" records and all of my CDs are stored in the MP3 format which is great. To keep from babbling on about the good ole' times let me ask my question.

The lyrcs are:

"Something small creepy crawls in the room at night... when you are all tucked up in bed so tight... where theres a will theres a way so don't give in... cause somebodys outside looking in..."

I know I have had this on 12" but some how or another it did not get labeled during the recording. This song is kind of a light industrial sounding song, kind of Secession-ish (All of the Animals), Thrill Kill-ish (The devil does Drugs), Moev-ish (Cruisify Me). Any help in naming this song would keep me from blaming those good ole times for me memory loss...

Thanks in Advance
    R

Re: Name this Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Randium
    Ladies and Gents,

I am new to posting but have been reading these post for a while. I think it is great that there are people like me that still follow the good old times. I am from Corpus and we had a club there called the Great Escape. It was a very very good time on the weekends at that club. I used to have my brother record that houston radio station that played 6400 songs (when it would come in) but the tapes are all but gone now. Now since the last few year and the technology has permitted most of my 12" records and all of my CDs are stored in the MP3 format which is great. To keep from babbling on about the good ole' times let me ask my question.

The lyrcs are:

"Something small creepy crawls in the room at night... when you are all tucked up in bed so tight... where theres a will theres a way so don't give in... cause somebodys outside looking in..."

I know I have had this on 12" but some how or another it did not get labeled during the recording. This song is kind of a light industrial sounding song, kind of Secession-ish (All of the Animals), Thrill Kill-ish (The devil does Drugs), Moev-ish (Cruisify Me). Any help in naming this song would keep me from blaming those good ole times for me memory loss...

Thanks in Advance
    R

The song is Secession - Simon Says

BTW, I make custom 6400 Cd's with any song you can think of.

Let me know if you are interested.

Take care,

KofA
    Last edited by kingsofagreppo; 12-23-04 at 02:42 PM.

KOA, I think its actually Sneakyville by Secession if i'm not mistaken. One of my all time fav's

Quote Originally Posted by Axodry
    KOA, I think its actually Sneakyville by Secession if i'm not mistaken. One of my all time fav's
    Yes it is Sneakyville, my fave from that group. All the animals come out at night is on the B-side to that 12"
    Last edited by Xcess-N-Htown; 12-23-04 at 05:26 PM.

It is Sneakyville I found the All the animals come out 12" sneakyville is on the flip side.
    I had crossed secession out of my search just because of the super deep voice. It is one of my all time favorites as well.

Xcess-N-Htown is Record Rack still open in Houston? About 75% of my records came from there back in the late 80's

Thanks
    Last edited by Randium; 12-23-04 at 07:03 PM.

Yes, it is sneakyville. I have them both yet could not remember which one had those lyrics!!

Thanks Axodry!

J

Quote Originally Posted by Randium
    It is Sneakyville I found the All the animals come out 12" sneakyville is on the flip side.
    I had crossed secession out of my search just because of the super deep voice. It is one of my all time favorites as well.

Xcess-N-Htown is Record Rack still open in Houston? About 75% of my records came from there back in the late 80's

Thanks
    Record Rack has been closed for a few years now. Bruce (the owner) blamed the closure on Napster and free music downloading.

I tried to avoid Record Rack. If you asked them to play a record before buying, Bruce or his guys, seemed to be inconvienced. A lot of times, I knew what you wanted. But sometimes I like to 'browse' and listen to stuff I've never heard, or stuff from an artist or label you know you like. My fav. record store was "Noo Beat" behind the old tower theater (decadance) If Malcom or Rick didnt already have a record opened, they would gladly open one and hand it to you. You could play it on headphones at their listening stations. You could check out the flipside or the other tracks. At the Rack, you heard the version they wanted to play. Granted, Im sure between R Rack and Numbers, Bruce helped the houston club scene become what it was.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    sorry for the rant, Im finished

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbhead
    I tried to avoid Record Rack. If you asked them to play a record before buying, Bruce or his guys, seemed to be inconvienced. A lot of times, I knew what you wanted. But sometimes I like to 'browse' and listen to stuff I've never heard, or stuff from an artist or label you know you like. My fav. record store was "Noo Beat" behind the old tower theater (decadance) If Malcom or Rick didnt already have a record opened, they would gladly open one and hand it to you. You could play it on headphones at their listening stations. You could check out the flipside or the other tracks. At the Rack, you heard the version they wanted to play. Granted, Im sure between R Rack and Numbers, Bruce helped the houston club scene become what it was.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    I felt the same way, Noo beat was a great place. Before it closed, I was off of work one day during the early afternoon, and took my 1 1/2 year old daughter to Noo Beat and played music on his record player for a couple of hours. He was as nice as he could be helping me find music and didn't mind my kid at all. The owner at vinal edge is pretty nice as well but he is kinda overpriced. He has always been helpful playing music for me and finding stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbhead

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    i didn't think people were allowed to ask questions at RecordRack. ;P I tried once and they looked at me like i was crazy. i agree that rick and malcom were were always plenty of help with finding what you were looking for.
    a little off topic but right before i took over doing BeatBox on kpft Malcolm used to do what he called the "Ultr-Mix" which was a one hour set (pre-recorded) of rare dance/industrial music. Great stuff!! he was freakin rad when it came to actually mixing music.

Does anyone know what Bruce is doing now? Its good to know I was'nt the only one that felt uncomfortable asking for help at the "Rack". Bruce always made you feel like a complete idiot when you asked questions. And if he was on the phone and you were ready to pay for the records, he would just look at you and make you wait. I hated it but what could you do. He had the records everyone wanted. When his store shrunk to half its original size I just laughed to myself. I remember being in there shopping when the napster thing started and hearing him complain to everyone the napster was the devil and costing him money. I guess he had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by dcantujr
    Does anyone know what Bruce is doing now? Its good to know I was'nt the only one that felt uncomfortable asking for help at the "Rack". Bruce always made you feel like a complete idiot when you asked questions. And if he was on the phone and you were ready to pay for the records, he would just look at you and make you wait. I hated it but what could you do. He had the records everyone wanted. When his store shrunk to half its original size I just laughed to myself. I remember being in there shopping when the napster thing started and hearing him complain to everyone the napster was the devil and costing him money. I guess he had it coming.

Bruce is more involved with the day to day business of running #'s. other than that he is pretty much takin' it easy.

LOL!

Ahh. The glory days of NooBeat and Record Rack.I knew both places very well and spent great amounts of time at both. I actually worked at Record Rack for awhile .

I tried to avoid Record Rack. If you asked them to play a record before buying, Bruce or his guys, seemed to be inconvienced.
    I was very familiar with this and when I was there and tried to play a store copy of what someone was intrested in after the event I would get asked "Why did you do that?"
    Hmm..well lets see the costumer was intrested in the product..Did you ever think if he actually was able to hear it, he would be intrested in buying it??

Needless to say, I wasnt there very long.I remember an argument between Bruce and a customer that wanted to return something and Bruce was basically in the "Too bad, tough shit" mode needless to say the customer walked out pissed off and got nothing.

Not a good way to do business, but Bruce did have his nitch and if you wanted anything dance/12" oriented he was the one to go to.Bruce could be very rude but as much as people will say all the things they do about him, I will give him this:
    He knows the industry and the business and has the connections,no questions about it and as a business person,hes top notch, I have to admire him for that much.But torwards the end of Record Rack's reign I would always hear him say things like : "Im not a nice person" or "I'm jaded". I never understood this.

You run your own business for years, youve owned more than one club. Youve traveled the world.You have the connections to get people like Erasure , Pet Shop Boys to play your club and have an in-store with Morrissey.Everytime Depeche Mode came to town theyd stop by NUMBERS.You have the abbility to do basically anything you wanted in your nitch of the industry. How can you be jaded after this kind of experience , I just dont get it,most people would die to have this kind professional life.
    How can you possibly be disgruntled or jaded?? I just dont get it.

RicK and Malcolm at NooBeat were great! It was always fun hanging out there untill 2-3 am after the club hours when the clubbers would come and buy the music they were dancing to earlier.Its really too bad that technology has forced many specialized music shops like this to close ,they were the ones that were more caterized to the music that I cared about. There are almost no stores like this anymore and its so hard to find good music these days, much less track down the 12" mixes of the glory days if you didnt have them already.

Sad.

V
    Last edited by Mr.Vertigo; 2-14-05 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbhead View Post
    Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    Hey, it's Malcolm from Noo Beat Records. I just wanted to thank you and everybody for the nice comments. My sister found, and sent me this link. It made me feel so good when I read all those compliments. I miss Noo Beat alot. Technology took over. I still have a lot of my 12" records. I was thinking of selling them. Does anybody know a website, to sell them?

Just hang around Noo Beat, we got a few DJ's on this site that may be interested.

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

Welcome Noo Beat Records,its nice to have you amoung us

Hey, it's Malcolm from Noo Beat Records. I just wanted to thank you and everybody for the nice comments. My sister found, and sent me this link. It made me feel so good when I read all those compliments. I miss Noo Beat alot. Technology took over. I still have a lot of my 12" records. I was thinking of selling them. Does anybody know a website, to sell them?

Hey Malcom, sorry I would like to get rid of all of mine as well. Wish a record convention would come to town and we could all rent a table.

Bruce Godwin will be djing at Numbers March 20th if anyone is interested.

Thread Information