Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Blvd (Boulevard)

80s Forum: Blvd (Boulevard)

Arrow Blvd (Boulevard)

Here's a band I bet many Canadians forgot all about:

Blvd were the Canadian pop rock combo of:

David Forbes - Lead Singer
    Randy Burgess - Bass Guitar
    Randy Gould - Guitarist
    Mark Holden - Sax
    Andrew Johns - Keyboards
    Randall Stol - Drums
    Tom Christianson (replaced Burgess for the second album) - Bass Guitar

Gould, Holden and Forbes formed Blvd. in 1983 in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Over the next few years they filled out the band with Burgess, Johns and Stol and in 1985 they recorded a few demos that gained the attention of MCA Records Canada. By 1987, they had signed a record deal with MCA and in 1988 hit the Canadian charts with their debut single 'In the Twilight'.

Their self-titled debut album followed that same year and spawned 3 more hits with 'Dream On', 'Never Give Up' and their most successful hit, 'Far From Over'

Alot of their fans, however, found confusion over the band's name, so in 1990, they changed it from Blvd. to Boulevard and released their second album 'Into the Streets'.

The album featured no major hit singles, and by this time, Burgess and Stoll had already left the band. Soon after, Blvd. called it quits.

Wink Re: Blvd (Boulevard)

Quote Originally Posted by whistledog

Their self-titled debut album followed that same year and spawned 3 more hits with 'Dream On', 'Never Give Up' and their most successful hit, 'Far From Over'
    'Far From Over' is my anthem of Canadian 80s music! You already know this, but it bears repeating. And every time I log on to the 80s Xchange, I'm happily reminded that the 80s are indeed 'Far From Over'.

Re: Blvd (Boulevard)

Far From Over is such a good song!!!

Do they have a song as good as this one??

That good old JS, an 80s lover in the past & for years to come!!

Cool Re: Blvd (Boulevard)

Really! Need we say more? We should feel so sorry for the rest of the world
    that has yet to freely appreciate this song 'Far from Over'.

Yet be glad that somehow it is like a rare gem still circulating like
    a touchstone from those still can recall with a glint in the eye
    and a barely perceptible smile how music made the 80's what
    they were about. Nearly every moment.

Indeed, a search for the lyrics to this song is what led me to this site, and what caused me to register to make my comment..

now may the band play on! and the piper keep playing...

down memory lane I go...for a strolll..let the good times roll. once more again. once only. one message. one song. one post.

The song lets you walk on air and makes you want to live in between the notes of the music the way sometimes you want to live between the pages of a life lived out between the pages of a really really good book. It takes you away like a bolt of lightning riding a horse with no name...and beyond.

Re: Blvd (Boulevard)

Quote Originally Posted by mach
    Really! Need we say more? We should feel so sorry for the rest of the world
    that has yet to freely appreciate this song 'Far from Over'.

Yet be glad that somehow it is like a rare gem still circulating like
    a touchstone from those still can recall with a glint in the eye
    and a barely perceptible smile how music made the 80's what
    they were about. Nearly every moment.

Indeed, a search for the lyrics to this song is what led me to this site, and what caused me to register to make my comment..

now may the band play on! and the piper keep playing...

down memory lane I go...for a strolll..let the good times roll. once more again. once only. one message. one song. one post.

The song lets you walk on air and makes you want to live in between the notes of the music the way sometimes you want to live between the pages of a life lived out between the pages of a really really good book. It takes you away like a bolt of lightning riding a horse with no name...and beyond.
    Wow! Very well said

Thread Information