I have a radio program in Tasmania. The CDs I use began in the 80s:
________________________this prose-poem describes my experience._____

BACK ON THE MUSICAL RAILS

While I’ve been writing poetry during the years of the fourth epoch, 1986 to 2000, a world of music was being born utilizing the new format known as the disc. After accepting the invitation by the Launceston Baha’i community to present their half hour program on the community station, City Park Radio, I was given a box of casette tapes and discs. Some twenty of the discs I had never seen or heard before. It was a wonderful world of sound produced in the U.K., Canada, United States and Australia. I would have my first program at the end of the Ridvan period at the outset of a new One Year Plan aimed at “concentrating the forces, the capacities and the insights that (had) so strongly emerged”1 in recent years. -Ron Price with appreciation to The Universal House of Justice, Letter 26 November 1999.

I inherited a world,
some fifteen years of sound
organized by: Brenda Lake,
Noel Broomhall and Dave Purcell.1
It was yet another part of that coming
out of obscurity. Such sweet sounds
brought me up-to-date after my life
got disconnected in the seventies
and early eighties from the music
produced by Baha’is. After a dozen
years of connection I’d gone off the
musical rails for, what, twenty-five.2
Now I was getting back on track
with old songs and new: jazz, blues,
folk, music for meditation, choral,
musical drama, indigenous(Indian),
South American, African and more:
soulful, tuneful, heartful and for me:
water-on-a-desert
after all these years.

1 the three presenters from the inception of the Baha’i community’s involvement with City Park Radio:1985(ca) to 2000.
2 music seemed to be less a part of the centre of my life from about 1975 for many reasons: a second marriage and children, illness, a burgeoning musical world, a gradual loss of intensity and enthusiasm in the day-to-day round, a quietening-down of my personality. ------Ron Price 14 April 2000