Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New ABC cd (well almost)

80s Forum: New ABC cd (well almost)

Post New ABC cd (well almost)

ABC is out with a new album called Lexicon Of Live. It contains 13 songs recorded live in London in 1997. Most of the songs are hits from the 80s like Look Of Love, When Smokey Sings & Poison Arrow. This is definately worth getting if you liked ABC back then.

- Flixfan

------------------

Wink

I Love ABC I went to see them last year. It was an 80s tribute concert with the Human League and Culture Club it was a great concert. I have the updated Lexicon of love not the live one.Great to see other New Romantics .

------------------

Question

Kate, I'm not sure I know the updated Lexicon of love. I would like to know what makes it different from the original. I absolutely love ABC and I'm always searching for more stuff for my collection.

-Flixfan

------------------

Flixfan the updated cd I have was released in 1996 and has 5 extra tracks on it. They are 11.Tears are not enough (demo), 12 Poison arrow (Jazz remix) 13 Look of Love (1990 Re-mix) 14 Alphabet Soup (12" mix) 15 Theme from mantrap 16 Look of Love (Live). I had the original on vinyl. Look of love is one of my alltime favourite songs and the 1990 version is brilliant. I hope that helps.:-

------------------

Talking

Thanks alot, Kate. I had no idea that this version existed. That's great. I am with you 100%. Look of love is THE classic ABC song. I like the old old 7 minute Remix from the 80's alot. I remember hearing it thinking "WOW, this sampling/mixing is unique". And I've been a huge fan ever since. Would you please e-mail me, or post it here, the catalog number from your cd. I would appreciate it ALOT.

Thanks again

-Flixfan

------------------

Thumbs up

Flixfan the catalog no is 514942-2 mercury records. I hope you find it. In the meantime why dont you try napster there is a few versions including the 1990 remix.
    I have just downloaded the Look of Love (Ultimix) and it is 8.04 minutes long and it's great
    Kate.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Kate (edited 05-28-2000).]

Kate, sorry for the late post (I'm a newbie !), but I was also at that gig in the RDS...ABC were superb, Human League were awesome, but I have to say that Culture Club were a bit of a let-down...

------------------

Thread Information