Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Wanted ! Sony Headphones From 80's

80s Forum: Wanted ! Sony Headphones From 80's

Wanted ! Sony Headphones From 80's

Looking For Sony Headphones. Model MDR-S50. Like the way
    they sound and my pair is wearing out.
    Bought it back around 1988.

Re: Wanted ! Sony Headphones From 80's

If it isn't a specific retro look you are trying for, surely there are current models that sound as good. Is there something that special about their sound that really sets them apart?

I would just head to Radio Shack, and pick up a new pair. They have better quality sound and you still get them as big as they were in the 80's.

OR Ebay...

I've used these Sony Headphones to do narative recordings for several years, and my voice has a very close to natural sound recording and monitoring simultaniously. I've bought several pairs of new headphones and some of them even make me feel like my sinus's are plugged, and changes the pacing of my speech. I just can't seem to get used to any of the new ones I've bought. If I could even find a new pair that has about the same sound quality of the Old phones Sony MDR-S50 I think I would buy a lifetime supply.
    Probably at least three pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam of the 80s
    I've used these Sony Headphones to do narative recordings for several years, and my voice has a very close to natural sound recording and monitoring simultaniously. I've bought several pairs of new headphones and some of them even make me feel like my sinus's are plugged, and changes the pacing of my speech. I just can't seem to get used to any of the new ones I've bought. If I could even find a new pair that has about the same sound quality of the Old phones Sony MDR-S50 I think I would buy a lifetime supply.
    Probably at least three pairs.
    Ok, I see where you're coming from now.
    Maybe also try asking in an audiophile forum, someone there might be familiar with models that sound similar.
    Aside from that Id just say bring a cd of something you are familiar with, maybe your voice, and test as many phones as you can in stores before buying anything. Shops shouldnt have a problem with this.

Thread Information