Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Xbox 360

80s Forum: Xbox 360
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360

Xbox 360

I'm a Nintendo girl, always have been, always will be!! But i'm not sure i'm going to be able to resist buying the Xbox 360! Have you guys checked it out?? There was a show on TV here last night about it, man it is so cool. The gameplay was like nothing i've ever seen before and it is hard to even describe how life like it was.
    Also you can talk with friends via your TV! It is pretty cool, it isn't being released here in Australia till next year, but i'm pretty sure I could get my hands on one before then

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/default.htm
    BON JOVI ROCK!!

---------------------
    No.1 ALIAS fan
    ---------------------

Re: Xbox 360

I might consider it actually. Let's not forget that Nintendo "Revolution" will come mid-2006 too.

XBox 360 is on the TOP of my hit list!

The Revolution won't be able to compete with the XBox and the PS3, it ust doesn't have the horsepower.

Being an XBox fan from the beginning, I'm drooling over this thing. I saw previews of Madden and Need for Speed, and they look so real it's scary.

Maybe it's just me, no....it's not. Alot of people I talk to think the same way...but the Nintendo systems have always been the "kiddie" system. Kiddie games, kiddie image.

They better change that fast or they'll be crushed in the next-gen wars. Gamecube is already getting pummelled by XBox and PS2, next-gen could get even uglier.

I think I'll wait to see the specs on the PS3 before I decide which system to go for, but I like what I've seen about the Xbox360 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    The Revolution won't be able to compete with the XBox and the PS3, it ust doesn't have the horsepower.
    Uh.... you don't know that yet. Nobody knows ANYTHING concrete about Nintendo's next console specs yet and more than likely won't until they're ready to unveil it. All they really need is more 3rd party support to add to their forever top selling franchises like Zelda, Metroid, Mario, et al and they'll be a force. That and put more effort into U.S. marketing... they seem to focus too much on Japan and too less here. They also have a knack for coming out with great original stuff, so I wouldn't count 'em out just yet. Did I mention FREE WiFi online play?

Anyway, I've become a HUGE fan of the Xbox, so I definitely can't wait for this one... if it's got a good set of launch titles (especially Perfect Dark Zero), I'll be right out to grab this one Unless I get stingy and wait for a price drop

I have to look up the article when I get some time Bro. Nintendo's CEO even said in an interview that he knows he will not compete with Sony and Microsoft.

Plus....the early design is goofy looking!

Revolution Pic

I think I've read that interview... something to the effect of they're not focusing on horsepower, but innovation. Then again, both the Xbox and Revolution graphics chips are being done by the same developer I believe, so they may not be too far off from eachother.

Maybe it's just me, no....it's not. Alot of people I talk to think the same way...but the Nintendo systems have always been the "kiddie" system. Kiddie games, kiddie image.
    I think that is why I love Nintendo so much! I'm not really into all of the fighting and racing games, I prefer good solid platformers and Nintendo do them so well!

But you are right Pagan about the design, it isn't very good at all!!
    BON JOVI ROCK!!

---------------------
    No.1 ALIAS fan
    ---------------------

As good as the 360 will be Sony will DOMINATE the next gen console war. The specs on this thing are right off of Q's desk. (007 reference). heh heh

People are already calling the 360 Xbox 1.5 when compared to the "leap" it took vs. Sony and the PS3.

That's not saying I don't WANT one though. But if it came down to having one or the other, Sony's getting my dough.
    http://www.ttops.net
    1st ever Fiona web site!
    http://www.ttops.net/fiona
    ------

The PS3 will definitely have a little more horsepower, but XBox will have the wild card....XBox Live.

Unless Sony comes up with an online system that rivals XBL, they're gonna lose ground. Sony's online service blew chunks.

Forecasters have predicted that XBox will lead the market by 2010, with 38% of all videogame system sales.

Doesn't matter to me though....I'll get both.

Sony & Nintendo really dont have a choice about creating an online community since Xbox Live. Sony's been working on one since last year.
    http://www.ttops.net
    1st ever Fiona web site!
    http://www.ttops.net/fiona
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by galaga-girl
    I'm a Nintendo girl, always have been, always will be!! But i'm not sure i'm going to be able to resist buying the Xbox 360! Have you guys checked it out?? There was a show on TV here last night about it, man it is so cool. The gameplay was like nothing i've ever seen before and it is hard to even describe how life like it was.
    Well, frankly that whole no backwards compatability thing is a deal killer. I got too many games tied up in the current console to give it up. Also, I think that they are rushing the development cycle WAY too fast, just to beat Sony out the door. Sorry - but there is a LOT of life left in the current generation.

Im a PC Gamer. Always have been, always will be.

Consoles dont do it for me.

Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony J Case
    Well, frankly that whole no backwards compatability thing is a deal killer.
    I feel the same way. Well, that and the ridiculous $700 price tag. I'm as game addicted as it gets, but there isn't a game in existence worth that price tag.
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey
    I feel the same way. Well, that and the ridiculous $700 price tag. I'm as game addicted as it gets, but there isn't a game in existence worth that price tag.
    WHAT?!? 700$??????

Apart from the fact that I can assemble a quite powerful PC with 700 bucks in the pocket, this is an absolute rip-off. According to heise online, a German source for all IT stuff, the 360 will be sold in Japan for around 280 (330$), including a 20 MB HD, wireless controller, remote control, headset, HD-component-videocable and ethernet wire; the basic price tag in Germany is said to be 300 (350$) without all that extra gadgets and 400 (470$) for the "Pro"-version with the Japanese extras (although the remocon will come as an limited offer).

700$...man, Bill Gates seems to be not so patriotic when it comes to sell his stuff to his fellow countrymen.

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!

Whoops, my bad. I remember them talking about that being the price once upon a time, but a quick search turned up this - a no-frills version for $299.99 or a bells-and-whistles version for $399.99. Still won't be buying one though. I stick with the current version XBOX for a while.
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89

Ah...so it's us Germans again who will be ripped. Anyway, 400$...still way to much for a VG console; unless it can also cook, do the laundry and feed the cats.

I hope that the new consoles will lead to lower prices for the "older" ones (and a definite price drop on the games)...a PS2 would be certainly enough for us to spend some time.

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

If ya think that's bad, I've heard the PS3 is gonna end up probably in the $500+ range Absolutely nuts. It's up in the air right now whether I'll jump right out to get 360 or wait it out for the first price drop or first MAJOR release... dunno.. depends how strong my desire for a new toy is when the time comes

$500?!?! Wow...it'd better come with a game or two for THAT price.

The two versions that will ship is priced here in Denmark at:

Xbox 360 Core System: 393.85$

Xbox 360 (The big one with hd and all): 525.18$

(Using the current $ price)

There will be no games included with any of those systems.
    Last edited by Harket; 9-19-05 at 08:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information