Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
need some input

80s Forum: need some input

Thread: need some input

need some input

Could use some input here. This past monday I saw a neurologist for my headaches. Was put on a new medication that's used to prevent the headaches from occuring. Only been 5 days, but I am noticing a difference already. Just one small problem. One of the side effects can be changes in moods. This med is making me really irritable. I'm snapping at people over stupid little things. Trying to decide if the mood problems are worth it. I really need something to control the headaches as I get them almost daily now. I see my regular dr on monday. Hopefully she can suggest something. Anyone else have some ideas??? The med I'm taking is topamax.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Re: need some input

I would ask if there was any way to get on any other meds that may help out with the mood swings. OR if you are on something already for mood type problems, if the topomax will interfear with it.

Either way, its easier to try to modify moods than to eliminate headaches, so I would just stick with it, and HOPE I didnt piss anybody off too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    I would ask if there was any way to get on any other meds that may help out with the mood swings. OR if you are on something already for mood type problems, if the topomax will interfear with it.

Either way, its easier to try to modify moods than to eliminate headaches, so I would just stick with it, and HOPE I didnt piss anybody off too bad.
    Jasper is right on the nose here. There are more than likely a bunch of meds out there that can help with the moods, but not too many that will help with the headaches.

Ask your doc for some help with that and ask the people around you to be patient with you, and to let you know if you say something that hurts them so that you can take care of it right away. True friends will understand you are adjusting right now

Good luck, hon.
    ~~X~~~~X~~
    Nunc scio quid sit amor

~~Resident Urban Cougar-Boo~~
    Joe Elliot, Charlie Hunnam, Wentworth Miller, Kip Winger,Travis Fimmel, Tim McGraw Jon Bon Jovi and Billy Wirth walk into a bar...
    did I forget anyone, girls?

SIT DOWN, BUCKLE IN, HANG ON, SHUT UP
    I will find my inner child and kick his little ass
    Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    |PLAY >|STOP| <<RWD|FFWD>>|RCD|II|STFU!!!|
    You are starting to make sense. Time to up my medications!
    Spay or neuter your animals if you truly love them

We have enough youth--what we need is a fountain of SMART!
    AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE RESOURCE OF UNTAPPED ANGER, now in fashionable PINK
    DO NOT LEAVE ME UNSUPERVISED. If you do, DO NOT LEAVE WITNESSES
    Even BAD kitties get NINE LIVES
    MOMMMMMM...Retro's throwing wombats at me again...
    It's okay dear, they're COMBAT wombats!
    stand there, say nothing...thaaaatttt'ssss better
    80sxchange bad girls club
    trying to catch the deluge in a paper cup
    I can count to potato! I has a SNEAKY...
    Raging bitchkitty
    scared of my own shadow but not afraid of you
    ab astra

lol I'm bitchy on good days. I already take meds for depression and anxiety. Going to ask my dr tomorrow if changing those will help any. Thanks for the advice.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Jazzmyn,

not sure if this will work but I recently discovered that putting eau de cologne or perfume on my temples, forehead and back of my neck works miracles for headaches. I used a really cheap sample which stinks but really works. Might not be good for migraines but worht trying some when you feel a headache coming on and then just drink plenty of water.

Hope it works.

It takes awhile for meds to level off in your body. When my hubby was first diagnosed with Diabetes, the meds they prescribed caused him to have some INTENSE mood swings. It eventually leveled off about two weeks later.
    Now they are much better, as long as he keeps on a regular eating and sleeping schedule.

Thread Information