Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Houston 80's club goers, remember this song? (ID question)

80s Forum: Houston 80's club goers, remember this song? (ID question)

Houston 80's club goers, remember this song? (ID question)

Here's my other post on this song: Played at Paragon, Shelter, Red Square, Blue Planet/World Party, 6400, Decadance, etc.

Originally recorded off 104 and 93Q, frequently played late at night either on clubcasts, or "retro cut" weekends.

I've had half a mind to email Paul 'Cubbie' Bryant or Ryan Chase on this, but I have my doubts as if they'd even remember the stuff they played back then.

Clues?

Re: Houston 80's club goers, remember this song? (ID question)

Quote Originally Posted by industrialgeek
    Here's my other post on this song: Played at Paragon, Shelter, Red Square, Blue Planet/World Party, 6400, Decadance, etc.

Originally recorded off 104 and 93Q, frequently played late at night either on clubcasts, or "retro cut" weekends.

I've had half a mind to email Paul 'Cubbie' Bryant or Ryan Chase on this, but I have my doubts as if they'd even remember the stuff they played back then.

Clues?
    Sounds Familiar, I'll let you know if I can think of it. Did you go to Red Square? I had a few good times there. Nice club.

I was young for most of the era, but I had friends who'd pick up my brother to go clubbing, and he'd let me tag along because he could usually smuggle me in.

I thank him for that gesture, now. :P Red Square was one of my favorites.

The song is "Tonight - by The Hunger"

I have an MP3 copy of the 12" if you want it, E-mail me.

Great song and they are from Houston!!

Take care,

KofA

I just squealed. Thank you! Ahh, I feel such a weight off my mind now.

The one band I never thought to check out for the song when so much of their stuff was getting played at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsofagreppo
    The song is "Tonight - by The Hunger"

I have an MP3 copy of the 12" if you want it, E-mail me.

Great song and they are from Houston!!

Take care,

KofA
    Kofa, I been looking for this also...can you send me a copy.

What happened to my Cd's???

I will send the MP3 today.

Remember the CD we spoke about? I was waiting for
    a few more additons before I sent them out. The others
    are ready.

If you want, I can send them seperately.

Let me know.

Thanks,

JwZ

Since this is one of the newer threads I decided to make my post here. I have been reading the posts on here for a while now and finally decided to register. I guess that I am getting very nostalgic in my old age, but I have really enjoyed everyone's memories re: a great time to be young (and dumb in some instances.......okay, in A LOT of instances! lol) I worked in the club business in Houston for several years (worked at Xcess, Aftermath/Club AM, Avalon, DV8, and finally Red Square) and I have have to agree with everyone's take on the 80s club scene in Houston. How f'in awesome was that? Kids and clubs now have NO IDEA how great things were back then. Sure you had your occassional fight in the club, but for the most part everyone was doin' the X thing, chewing on straws, and lovin' EVERYBODY!(How often did you have a friend tell you how much they loved you and how great you and everything in the world was....while their eyes were rolling back in their head?!? Only to follow it up by asking you for a hug.) It just a completely different generation now. When I look back at everything 2 things usually come to mind........... 1) I can't believe I didn't die from some of the things I did, and 2) F--K, That was GREAT!

Peace and Love, Everyone-

Mike D.

Quote Originally Posted by lugan329
    Since this is one of the newer threads I decided to make my post here. I have been reading the posts on here for a while now and finally decided to register. I guess that I am getting very nostalgic in my old age, but I have really enjoyed everyone's memories re: a great time to be young (and dumb in some instances.......okay, in A LOT of instances! lol) I worked in the club business in Houston for several years (worked at Xcess, Aftermath/Club AM, Avalon, DV8, and finally Red Square) and I have have to agree with everyone's take on the 80s club scene in Houston. How f'in awesome was that? Kids and clubs now have NO IDEA how great things were back then. Sure you had your occassional fight in the club, but for the most part everyone was doin' the X thing, chewing on straws, and lovin' EVERYBODY!(How often did you have a friend tell you how much they loved you and how great you and everything in the world was....while their eyes were rolling back in their head?!? Only to follow it up by asking you for a hug.) It just a completely different generation now. When I look back at everything 2 things usually come to mind........... 1) I can't believe I didn't die from some of the things I did, and 2) F--K, That was GREAT!

Peace and Love, Everyone-

Mike D.

Thats too funny! Thats my exact take on the whole scene back then. I remember a unknown girl who was sweating her butt off and she asked me for a stick of gum. Luckly I had one and gave it to her. She gave me a big hug and told me she loved me. That club was also the first time I hugged a guy, besides my dad, as well. It was nice as we all looked out for each other.

I think a lot of us feel that way...I did a lot of stupid things by the time I was 18. I didn't get a chance to do it for very long, I joined the Navy and left when I was 18, but I did enjoy every moment I had. I did a little DJ'ing back then and loved the music, the vibe...everything...You hit the nail on the head with all that...(the eyes rollin back, everything...hahaha) I couldn't have said it any better
    Last edited by 80sflshbak; 6-16-05 at 11:07 PM.

Wow that's on the B side of The Hunger - Shoot To Kill 12". I have it

Thread Information