Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Getting Sick

80s Forum: Getting Sick

Thread: Getting Sick

Getting Sick

Here lately, I've been getting violently sick on plain cream cheese. I'm not totally sure what the deal is, but I've ruled out the heat, for the simple fact that I tried eating a cream cheese bagel the next day, and I was fine. I don't eat the stuff as often as I used to, so maybe that might have something to do with it.

Could it be stress induced, or what? I've tried a couple of different brands of cream cheese, but it still happens. As far as I know, I'm not lactose intolerant. But it scares me, because this is the second time this has happened, and I'm almost afraid to eat anything.
    MetalFan83 - Kelli

-----

Re: Getting Sick

Maybe you're having some type of allergic reaction? Not only can people grow out of allergies, you can grow into them as well. For instance, I never used to have any problem eating sesame seeds, but now I everytime I eat them I have HORRIBLE stomach pains and nausea.

Violently sick meaning what, barfing, the runs, both??? Both my mom and I had cream cheese and chives on a bagel a few summers ago and within hours we were both running to the bathroom for a few hours and a few times per hour. We know it something in the food because we ate the same thing at the same time and it came out the same way on both of us at the same time as well We have both eaten the same thing from the same place before without a problem though. I never had a problem with any dairy nor do I now so it was probably an isolated incident... I don't think I ate cream cheese since...

Sorry to hear that you got sick. Check the ingredients on the label. There could be preservatives that you are allergic to. Check with your doctor to see if he can run some allergy tests to rule that out.

DO you feel violent cramp in your lower stomach? IF you do it could be Irritatable Bowel Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by stlkev70
    DO you feel violent cramp in your lower stomach? IF you do it could be Irritatable Bowel Syndrome.
    Eh, something to that effect. And then it's a bitch trying to get comfortable, because it hurts when I move. The thing is, after about an hour or so, I feel somewhat better. Irritable Bowel is the last thing I need!

Princess - More like very bad pains and vomiting. But after this second time, I'm not too sure it was just bad cream cheese or something like that.

And I didn't even think that it could be an allergy. Maybe I've developed an allergy to something in the cream cheese. But I will probably go visit the doctor if anything else happens...

Thanks for the replies, you guys. This has had me worried all day!
    MetalFan83 - Kelli

-----

I do have IBS and its not bad if you know what you can and cannot eat.

Thread Information