Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jani Lane from Warrant - Page 2

80s Forum: Jani Lane from Warrant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Jani Lane from Warrant

EWWWW GAH!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Likes it when they just stand there & don't say anything!
    Proud Bad Girl Sistah

I guess I'm gonna take the opposing opinion.

Sure...He doesn't look the way he did in the 80's, but I don't know anybody that looks as good as they did back when they were in their teens/early 20s. I gained a bunch of weight since high school and time hasn't been good to my hair either. lol But, given that fact that 20-odd years have gone by, and he was on the road alot of that time (I saw him in 1998 in a small club in Wheeling, WV), I don't expect to look superstar golden boy anymore. I expect him to look realistic (which he does to me). I much respect somebody that lives life and it shows, then someone that gets tons of plastic surgery. Time marches on with everyone, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by bookmistres4ever

Sure...He doesn't look the way he did in the 80's, but I don't know anybody that looks as good as they did back when they were in their teens/early 20s. I gained a bunch of weight since high school and time hasn't been good to my hair either. lol But, given that fact that 20-odd years have gone by, and he was on the road alot of that time (I saw him in 1998 in a small club in Wheeling, WV), I don't expect to look superstar golden boy anymore. I expect him to look realistic (which he does to me). I much respect somebody that lives life and it shows, then someone that gets tons of plastic surgery. Time marches on with everyone, ya know?
    Actually, you make a good point but, I think he has lived a little too hard and living up the "rock & roll" star and it has backfired BIGTIME on him !
    I understand age but addictions only age you faster !

Quote Originally Posted by bookmistres4ever

That all depends BM. Look at The guys in Cinderella. Look at Brett Michaels. Look at Paul Stanley. Look at Joe Perry and Steven Tyler. I could keep going on and on. It all depends on what you do with yourself, your self-control, and your willpower. As a performer, you don't have to become fat and drunk.

I'm going on 44 now, and I'm in better shape than I was when I was in my 20's. I might not have toured the world, but I played a shitload of shows and did more partying than you can imagine in these past 20 years.

However, I make it a point to eat right, go to the gym at least three times a week, and kick Father Time's ass for as long as is humanly possible. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I'm just telling the truth. I wanted to remain looking young and I think I have, and I'm three years older than he is.

I'd respect Jani also, if he wasn't an alcoholic fool. When you're in the public eye and your job is to entertain people who work MUCH harder than you do to earn the money that buys that ticket to come see you, you had better do everything in your power to make sure that those people get their money's worth.

To show up fat, drunk, and mumbling words at concerts when there are musicians who would give their EYE TEETH (myself included) to be in his position shows a total lack of respect for your audience....the very people who put you in that position to begin with.

There's no need for it....ever.

That nerd is Jani Lane????????
    I'm 40 now....is my life over???

After 100 days at VH1's Celebrity Fit Camp, and less then a hundred days of sobriety, Jani is looking 100 times better! Sure, sure he'll never be THAT Jani Lane again, but I'm glad he doesn't look as grotesque as he did in the beginning of the show!
    Good job, Jani, and thanks for hitting rock bottom on reality TV so we could all be there!

Quote Originally Posted by fungirl3
    and thanks for hitting rock bottom on reality TV so we could all be there!

Proud Bad Girl Sistah

Quote Originally Posted by fungirl3
    After 100 days at VH1's Celebrity Fit Camp, and less then a hundred days of sobriety, Jani is looking 100 times better! Sure, sure he'll never be THAT Jani Lane again, but I'm glad he doesn't look as grotesque as he did in the beginning of the show!
    Good job, Jani, and thanks for hitting rock bottom on reality TV so we could all be there!
    LOL!

I agree, he looked ALOT better at the end of the show. I hope he stays sober, he seems like he really wants a better life for himself.

And what's with the Snapple lady? She looks the same as she did the first time she was on Celebrity Fit Club

Gary Busey is a freak of nature

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

First off, anyone who knows me will tell you how much I couldn't stand Warrant. I still think "Cherry pie" is one of the all time worst songs and videos. That being said, Jani Lane became one of my two favorites on Celebrity fit club 2. Phil is my absolute favorite, I've liked him since "Jackass". Phil and Jani seemed like two real people. All the other cast members were way out there. Willie and Wendy whiner drove me nuts, Toccorra (sp?) and Jackee just had that annoying "diva" thing going on. Gary Busey was so spaced out. I guess I liked Victoria Jackson too

Jani was going through some real terrible stuff. I really hope he remains sober and fit. If it took being on some stupid reality show (a stupid show that is a guilty pleasure of mine) to change his life than I guess something good can come out of these programs. I just hope he wasn't saying these things just because the cameras were on him. I wouldn't mind hearing updates on him.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

I have to agree. I watched that show, and was impressed with the way he decided to just come clean. Who knows how long it will actually last, but Jani made a significant turnaround in that show. And wasnt that the point? Not just to lose weight, but to turn your life around. And I think Jani has come a long way during that show, but he still have a significant amount of road to travel.

And y'all forgot about that little dweeb Willie Ames! Everytime that show is on, I have to remind hubby who Willie was....( the best friend in Charles in Charge)

Quote Originally Posted by PaperGirl
    And y'all forgot about that little dweeb Willie Ames! Everytime that show is on, I have to remind hubby who Willie was....( the best friend in Charles in Charge)
    I remember him the most from "Eight Is Enough". I thought he was a hunk back then! I'll never forget the pin-up I had of him from Tiger Beat magazine wearing nothing but a tight pair of Speedos

Did you guys know WIllie Ames produced a show called "Bible Man?"
    He was "Bible Man" and he wore this Superhero/Robot outfit and I guess fought crime by teaching the bible.
    I think it might still be on one of those religous networks!

Being on that show actually helped him get on with life! I actually think he grew old gracefully, you know, like Jon Bon Jovi he was cute back then but now he look's even better!

WARRANT RECORDING FIRST STUDIO ALBUM IN 9 YEARS:
    In overnight was this press release from Warrant. Interesting to hear them describe the new material as having "a very modern feel." Mmmmm.
    Warrant has currently finished their 6th CD Born Again. "Things have changed so much in the business the past few years," explains bassist Jerry Dixon, "that we decided to do what a lot of bands do now and record the album first and then go deal shopping, although we've already had some interest from labels just based on hearing some of the unfinished music." The album is being produced by veteran Pat Regan (Kiss, Ted Nugent, Ritchie Blackmore, etc.)
    The band, which has been touring pretty constantly for the past couple of years, is made up of all original members - Dixon on bass, guitarists Erik Turner and Joey Allen and drummer Steven Sweet, along with vocalist Jaime St. James (of Black 'N Blue fame) who has been the singer since the departure of original vocalist Jani Lane in 2003 "Jaime brings a fresh, new energy to the band and the songwriting," explains Turner, "and that energy shines live and on the new CD."
    The band, whose career featured hit albums spawning a lengthy string of hit singles in the '80's and '90's consider themselves able to stretch into two categories now. "We're not really ready to be considered solely classic rock," insists St. James, "because the stuff we're creating now has a very modern feel to it that fits the rock and pop genres that are popular today. But when it comes to touring, there are a lot of fans at our shows who want to hear the old stuff. We actually find that an enviable position to be in - being able to appeal to old and new fans at the same time."
    If we are in your town, Come on Down!

Seen the fit club thing...Wow....I had the same reaction as everyone else here...I agree that time marches on, but you gotta take care of yourself if your an ENTERTAINER...people expect you to have a certain image and you disappoint when you allow your spare time activities to take away from your "character" you become to so many people. My two cents worth....

Wow you guys are mean. Lots of people- especially in rock 'n roll have/had long struggles with drugs or the bottle or both. It's really not right to go hating on them for that now... We all knew that rock stars drank heavy and did drugs in the 80's and it didn't bother us then. It's only natural to have some tolerance for what is for a lot of folks a very hard habit to kick. Hating on someone because their hair is thinning doesn't really make a lot of sense either.

I'm guessing that you guys don't like him for some other reason and are just getting off on picking away at weakesses. I think I actually like the guy more now- he seems more human and like the rest of us isn't immune to the aging process that will eventually claim us all. I've seen the picture of Arnold on the beach in other forums and it's good for a quick comment like "ooooh look what happened to arnold" but the way you folks are going on it sounds more like hatred than amusement.

I've found that when I don't like someone, or they're an ahole or pissed me off for whatever reason it's a lot better to just simply state the reasons and not go overboard in a way that's going to make me look bad too. This thread would have been interesting to read if you'd done that (which Pagan halfway did but then got sidetracked). I just wish I'd seen it earlier so I could get my 2cents in before it went stale.

Seen it earlier?

Your FIRST post, in a thread over a year old............

something isnt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    Seen it earlier?
    Your FIRST post, in a thread over a year old............
    something isnt right.
    I swear I'm not part of a conspiracy.. the thread comes up 3rd in the yahoo search results.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...ab-img-t&x=wrt
    Last edited by irishdeepblue; 6-28-06 at 09:15 AM.

Man.. These are the kind of pictures I was hoping to see in your image section...
    http://www.80sxchange.com/80s-pictures/

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    To show up fat, drunk, and mumbling words at concerts when there are musicians who would give their EYE TEETH (myself included) to be in his position shows a total lack of respect for your audience....the very people who put you in that position to begin with.
    There's no need for it....ever.
    Irishdeepblue... go to Blabbermouth and check out Jani's recent antics. It's embarrassing. We aren't being mean, just realistic. Pagan hit the nail on the head & he should know. What he says makes perfect sense. Jani's a VERY talented individual but his pissing it away by not giving a crap about his mental and physical health. Nor does he seem to care about the people that are trying to help him get better. I've lost a ton of respect for the guy. Respect is earned... not automatically handed out.

Proud Bad Girl Sistah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information