Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
3 unknowns...

80s Forum: 3 unknowns...

Thread: 3 unknowns...

3 unknowns...

Here's 3 unidentified items...

1: I got this 12" single as part of a mixed crate of records a few years ago. It's got no label, only the "dead wax" inscription DSKT 001 on it. It's an Australian (EMI) pressing. Rather short 12" version on side 1, and dub version on side 2.

Some of the lyrics (female singer):
    I had a dream last night, it was all about you/We were living in a small town/you and I, in our own little world/Away from prying eyes/... and now the memory's not letting me forget

Chorus: Passion, when two bloods rush together... this can last forever when there's no one else around... whoa, feel the passion

It's definitely 80's, with a rather heavy dance beat.

What is this song?

2: another unknown 12" with pink labels. One side has a big black "X" on it, and the other has a big black "Y". That's the only "label copy". This one is a UK pressing. I don't have it here with me right now, so I can't descibe the recording on it.

3: CBS Australia white label promo copy of 653826 6, probably called "Wildlife"... 12" version on side 1, and (10-minute) dub version on side 2. Catalogue number suggests late '88 release date, but I don't know the official title or artist. Group male vocals in the chorus: "living, living, living in the wildlife, living, living, everybody's doin' it"

I've since had advice that this third one is possibly Village People - were they still around in '88?

Thanks guys for your help!

Re: 3 unknowns...

I think I have an answer for #3...

It is the Village People - See text below:

".....Of the originating and long-term members, Ray, David, Felipe, Jeff and Alex continued on adding Eric after the loss of Glenn. Village People wrote and now perform in their show a new classic entitles Trash Disco, a tribute to the many artists and dance hits which are now a memorable part of the disco era. They recorded in 1990 on CBS Records-Australia the top-ten hit Living in the Wildlife and in 1996 sang with the German Soccer Team on the BMG Records-Germany the number one hit Far Away in America".

#1 and #2 are tough.
    Last edited by Remix86; 7-21-05 at 02:27 AM.

Re: 3 unknowns...

Hey d-Wizz!

If you're still wondering, the answer to your first question is "Passion" by Kandu. I chanced across your question while I myself was trying to remember the name of the group, then it suddenly popped into my head. Here's a link to the dodgy, low-budget video featuring some of my mates that responded to a call for extras. Oh, and that's me miming the guitar solo (that I was never paid for).

http://youtu.be/FcPW699Iobk

Thread Information