Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
The Breakfast Club 2000

80s Forum: The Breakfast Club 2000
    Okielady Guest

The Breakfast Club 2000

Ok, I've seen this on the Internet Movie Database ( <A HREF=http://www.imdb.com >http://www.imdb.com </A>) but it gives absolutely NO details about it. Apparently John Hughes is working on either a remake or a sequel to The Breakfast Club (which, in case you couldn't tell, is my favorite movie of the 80s) Does anyone know anything about it??? And let's see if my icon will post this time. *g*

Well, sorry to see your icon still isn't showing up... But, hmm.. TBC2000! It better have the same characters! And they better not want so much money that it doesn't happen! Basically, everyone would go see it. It would probably be the biggest money-making movie ever made...

I don't think any of the origional cast is in the present marketing positon to turndown this chance of a major 80s comeback. I want to see if Claire is now in the gutter and Bender made it big (it would be too easy to pair them together lol) Oh and Anthony Micheal Hall is aka Bill Gates or unibomber lol

hehe You're very right.. All of those actors would benefit BIG time if they did this movie. I'm sure nobody would want to hurt their career by asking for too much. I think only Emelio Esteves is doing that great right now... And I think Anthony Michael Hall would be the unibomber. hehe

I haven't seen Emilio in anything lately.

Yeah, as of late late, I haven't either. But I doubt he has the least money problems out of all of 'em...

Emilio

Emilio is my hero! Hee hee. He is my Favorite actor! Anyhow, I think he is directing. He hasn't acted in anything lately, or I would've seen it by now! I know he has worked on producing and directing movies in the past few years. I used to know everything about him. I was obscessed...but I have lost my touch for childhood obscession. I still have lots of Emilio pics on my harddrive Well, I think that they should redo TBC with at least a cameo of all the actors. Maybe Bender now works at the school...teacher or principal Who knows. It could be fun

Re: Emilio

They'd better do this now! I keep thinking about it..

They should do it like The Big Chill - all come back because of a funeral in common and they get locked in the library when they are reminiscing old times. Maybe their 'keeper' (can't remember his name damb it!) is the dead guy.

Up! We have a script writer! Maybe you should talk with Arnold.

bigfootballplayer Guest

Re:The Breakfast Club 2000

Here is an interesting Fact about the Breakfast Club: The original cut of "The Breakfast Club" ran almost 2 1/2 hours. Universal Pictures cut nearly an hour off the film and destroyed the negatives -- Hughes recently said he has the only complete copy in existence. It would be cool if he donates it to the USC film vault. I would sure like to see the rough cut of the movie in the original entirely. I think the only way this would happen is when John Hughes dies and they make a deal with a studio to produce the full uncut version of this film.

It would be interesting to see if John Hughes can still write another teen zonera film. I know there is a rumor Molly Ringwald is in discussed about a Sixteen Candles' sequel that take place 30 years later. I wonder who wrote that script ????

Re: The Breakfast Club 2000

Now, My question is, Did they ever come out with the sequel? I never heard anything about it. If they did, was it good? Tell me.

Thread Information