Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Do You Believe In Ghosts

80s Forum: Do You Believe In Ghosts

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Ghosts

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 70.00%
  • No

8 26.67%
  • Not Sure

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do You Believe In Ghosts

Some people do, some people don't. What about you?

As for myself, I do

Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts

I don't, but if I did, there's nothing to be afraid of...the worst they can do is smother you with their sheet.

Nope. There is no such thing as ghosts.

I do. I've never actually seen a ghost but I've had quite a few experiences with ghostly activity. (I'll tell you guys the spooky stuff when Halloween gets closer!)
    I can't blame the non-believers and the skeptics for thinking ghosts don't exist, but I've never met a single person who has actually experienced something that couldn't naturally be explained and refused to consider the possibilty of ghosts. Seeing is believing, believing is believing.
    Great idea for a thread, Jodi!
    Last edited by fungirl3; 10-03-05 at 03:59 PM.

I believe in Paranormal activity, but not necessarily ghosts. I do very much believe in psychic energies being trapped in places such as houses and cellars, but I'm sceptical over it actually being a ghost - merley a replay of some traumatic event.

So I voted yes.
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Milani's partner in Crime
    Official supplier of Officially Crap UK music to DJDaffy
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!

Nope, not in the least!
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

Nope. I have yet to see one nor have I seen any solid proof. I will admit, that I get totally creeped out when I watch anything about ghosts on tv.

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

I don't know if I actually believe in ghosts, but I do believe in super-natural experiences. I think I have experienced them! Both my father and sister are deceased, and I believe that they are with me and my family. I actually had a vision of my father after a tramatic experience. It was after he passed away, and not only did I see him, I smelled coffee and found an empty White Castle coffee cup on the floor where I had seen him. The coffee cup is important because he would never eat anything from White Castle, but he loved their coffee. My mother has been sitting on her bed crying, missing my dad. She says she felt like someone sat down on the bed next to her and touched her. One night, we were looking at old pictures and she began to cry, because she missed him so much. I told her he would always be with us, and the lights over the table began to flicker. It was NOT a short, loose bulb, or power surge, that was the ONLY light that flickered. I know he is with us, no one ever truly dies as long as you keep them alive in your heart.

There have also been other experiences and happenings that have no explination ,that have happened. Just like everything else, there are those who believe and those who don't. I don't believe in the ghosts and evil spirits that people claim to have living in their homes. I don't believe that they can harm you. I always remember a quote from my dad, "You don't have to be afraid of the dead, it is SOB's that are alive that you have to watch out for."
    Ghosts, and their existance, is just another one of those mysteries that we will have to wait until we actually die to find out if they real.

My opinion is there is no such thing as ghosts. When you die, you DIE.

If my clock drops on the floor and breaks into 100 pieces, does it go to clock heaven? "Of course not! duh that's a stupid thing to say!", well, why would it be any different with humans? Like the clock, when we die, we simlpy cease to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyverbe

If my clock drops on the floor and breaks into 100 pieces, does it go to clock heaven? "Of course not! duh that's a stupid thing to say!", well, why would it be any different with humans? Like the clock, when we die, we simlpy cease to function.
    Except for the fact that a clock is an inanimate object not a person with a soul. I don't know where we go when we die but we can't just cease to exist. And I don't mean our spirits hang around here either. IMO.
    Last edited by TopCat; 10-04-05 at 07:56 AM.

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat
    Except for the fact that a clock is an inanimate object not a person with a soul.
    I would need to believe in that thing called "soul" to be able to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat
    I don't know where we go when we die but we can't just cease to exist.
    Why not? The body is nothing more than organic materials working closely together to make us live. Once an important part of us is screwed (heart, brain, lung, liver, etc.), the other parts can no longer work and we... stop to work!

How the brain fully works is still a mystery, but I get so annoyed when I see people fetching weird reasons like "God" or "Ghosts" as soon as we can't explain something. You can guess I also don't believe in God (Oh no! I'll go to hell when I die! )

Long live James Randi

Religious discussions are against forum policy and this is treading that line, so everyone stick to the topic and leave deities, heaven, hell etc. out of it.

Yes, I do believe in spirits !

Casper Rocks !!

This is very true, but the difference between a clock and a human being is that a clock doesn't have a soul, or a state of conciousness.

The question remains: what happens to that state of conciousness when you die? The only certainty is that we're all going to find out in good time.
    Last edited by Chasey; 10-04-05 at 03:01 PM.
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

I don't know if I would say I believe in ghosts, but an afterlife is a possibility.

Miss you Grandma Ruth
    R.I.P. Scott a.k.a. "Bear" ~ 1962-2006 Miss ya buddy
    Please don't drive drunk.... The life you lose may not be yours!
    One Nation Under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all
    ".....Solitaire, Alone I stand, It's all so clear, impressions you falsely take command.
    I'm not like you, there's more than meets the eye in me.......I'm an outcast....." Lizzy Borden - Outcast
    "Now you might take offense to the words like f.uck or shit, but you f.uckin' don't have the right to discriminate me for saying it'' - Anthrax - Starting up a posse
    Official stalker of Jazzmyn ......Come and get some Not Man Lovin'

First of all, I apologize to Roemello and all for my religious comment. I agree that it's off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey
    This is very true, but the difference between a clock and a human being is that a clock doesn't have a soul, or a state of conciousness.
    I think indians believe that everything has a soul, living or not. Spoons, paper, rocks, ... anything!

"soul" and "conciousness" hard words incredibly hard to define. Like, if I take my calculator and type "2+2" and it answers back "4", does it mean it has a form of intelligence and therefore as a "soul"? No, it's just a bunch of circuits that are working together to create a specific result. I don't believe the human brain is any different. The heart provides blood to the brain, and the brain provides electric pulses to the heart. Nothing paranormal about that.

It's a tough subject, but you cannot believe in ghosts because of what you see in TV documentaries or movies. You should need solid proof to believe in something, unless you want to believe it too much. Call me the "Scully" of this topic

"soul" and "conciousness" hard words incredibly hard to define. Like, if I take my calculator and type "2+2" and it answers back "4", does it mean it has a form of intelligence and therefore as a "soul"? No, it's just a bunch of circuits that are working together to create a specific result. I don't believe the human brain is any different. The heart provides blood to the brain, and the brain provides electric pulses to the heart. Nothing paranormal about that.

It's a tough subject, but you cannot believe in ghosts because of what you see in TV documentaries or movies. You should need solid proof to believe in something, unless you want to believe it too much. Call me the "Scully" of this topic
    I agree with you to a point Lyvverbe, and I know what you are getting at. But your original comparison between a clock and a human being was really leaving the door wide open for disagreement.

A calculator, or indeed any other electronic circuit does not have any form of conciousness or sense of awareness. This is the main reason why I believe that your argument in comparing a human brain to a calculator is flawed.

As I stated way back when this thread began, I don't believe in Ghosts either, and offered you my own theory regarding paranormal activity.

Being a well balanced (I think )yet slighty cynical individual I choose to base my opinions on considered and reasoned evidence - and from what I have witnessed there is simply far too much evidence that I simply cannot explain.

I think a common misconception is the use of the word 'Paranormal' - which tends to lend itself to ghostly connotations. 'Paranormal phenomena' to me encompasses a whole host of things, from a psychic to a physical level.
    Last edited by Chasey; 10-05-05 at 11:14 AM.
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

Let me know the next time you carry on an intelligent conversation with a calculator or a clock, k? Or let me know the next time you see two calculators meet, become emotionally attached to one another, and reproduce an exact replica of themselves.

Man, I can understand (almost) what you're trying to say, but comparing a living being with an inanimate object is a tad ridiculous. The main thing that seperates humans from even other living beings has been known for a LONG time. It's called self-awareness. The reason why you look in a mirror and recognize yourself, and a dog stands there barking at the "other dog".

As for me, I don't believe in ghosts at all. Now spirits, that's another story. Had many experiences with spirits. And there's nothing supernatural or paranormal about it. A person's life force or energy doesn't just dissapate when they die. For a LONG time after he died, I felt my Dad's presence in his workshop at my Mom's house. It was a sad day when I went there and couldn't feel it anymore, but I realized he had moved on.

But the whole Hollywood "sheet over the head" malevolent ghost? Nuh uh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan

As for me, I don't believe in ghosts at all. Now spirits, that's another story. Had many experiences with spirits. And there's nothing supernatural or paranormal about it. A person's life force or energy doesn't just dissapate when they die. For a LONG time after he died, I felt my Dad's presence in his workshop at my Mom's house. It was a sad day when I went there and couldn't feel it anymore, but I realized he had moved on.

But the whole Hollywood "sheet over the head" malevolent ghost? Nuh uh.
    BEAUTIFULLY stated! I couldn't agree more.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Likes it when they just stand there & don't say anything!
    Proud Bad Girl Sistah

I agree, very well stated, Pagan

I believe in ghosts about as much as I believe in little green men in flying saucers. Doesn't mean I don't believe in energies or the fact that there is possibly life on another planet. But until I see a dead person (or animal) floating in front of me that was once living, it's all just fantasy to me.

Think about it this way...plants are living things...when they die do people see plant ghosts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information