Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

J.K. Rowling ready to begin 7th(and final) Harry Potter book.

80s Forum: J.K. Rowling ready to begin 7th(and final) Harry Potter book.
    Shakey is offline Content to be in the Matrix!

J.K. Rowling ready to begin 7th(and final) Harry Potter book.

Source - Yahoo News

LONDON (AFP) - J.K. Rowling, the British author of the record-selling Harry Potter series, said she plans to start writing the final book about the boy wizard next month and finish it some time in 2006.

"For 2006 will be the year when I write the final book in the Harry Potter series," the British author wrote on her official website.

"I contemplate the task with mingled feelings of excitement and dread, because I can't wait to get started."

Joanne Kathleen Rowling, 40, has spent much of the past decade writing about the adventures of Potter and his friends at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

On her website, she said she felt compelled to wrap up the gripping tale that has captured the imagination of millions of children and adults worldwide.

At the same time, Rowling doubted her ability to answer all the questions generated by the seven-part series.

The writer also wondered about her life after Potter.

"It will all be over at last and I can't quite imagine life without Harry," she said.

Turning to the task at hand, Rowling said she had been fine-tuning her ideas for the seventh installment of Potter's life and was ready to start work in January.

"Reading through the plan is like contemplating the map of an unknown country in which I will soon find myself," she said.

At times while writing the previous six books Rowling said she ran into trouble, such as chapter nine of the fourth one: "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".

In October, Rowling's literary agent said the boy wizard series had sold more than 300 million copies worldwide.

The six books published in the series so far have been translated into 63 languages. The first four have also been made into blockbuster movies.

Well, I will certainly be sad to see the end of the series, but I can't wait to see how some of the characters play out. I'm still not convinced that Severus is as bad as we were lead to believe.
    - Shakey

"If I'm here and you're here, then doesn't that make it our time? - Jeff Spicoli, 1982

Re: J.K. Rowling ready to begin 7th(and final) Harry Potter book.

Wow, I can't believe she really plans on ending the series so soon. I suppose she's certainly made enough money from the books, and I guess she wants to end the series while it is still fresh and creative...
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Makes sense to me the end series here. It would be Harry's last year in school. We've this character grow up and become adult. Can't really go much further with before it risks getting boring.

I'll be sad to read that last book though. Enjoyed them so much.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Wow, I can't wait for the last book, but at the same time, I don't want them to end. Better to have it end on a high note than to keep dragging it out forever though...
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

From what I understand (and I admit, I'm a Harry Potter Junky), Rowling only ever planned to write the 7 books for the 7 years of school.

I personally cannot wait for the 7th to come out...I've read all the others at least 3-4 times each.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_TAV
    From what I understand (and I admit, I'm a Harry Potter Junky), Rowling only ever planned to write the 7 books for the 7 years of school.
    This was always my understanding, too.
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

She did have a couple of interviews where she said something about a possibility of writing more books beyond just the seven. But, whether Harry would be the main character or not is beyond me.

It'll be kind of a bittersweet ending, I imagine. But I bet this next book will be awesome, nonetheless.
    MetalFan83 - Kelli

-----

I'll miss the characters from these books. Feels like you really know them. lol I hope she creates another series of books after this. Would love to see what she would write about.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Quote Originally Posted by Metalfan83
    She did have a couple of interviews where she said something about a possibility of writing more books beyond just the seven.
    I know she wrote a couple of additional books for charity:
    Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Thread Information